PDA

View Full Version : Pete Witkowski -- May 2000 -- Boardwalk Villa Resort

Trip Reports
01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Pete Witkowski -- May 2000 -- Boardwalk Villa Resort

5/5/2000 - 5/14/2000

Just got back from 9 nights at WDW (5/5 - 5/14). No way I will be able to do a complete TR, but here's a few quick items;

Stayed in a 2BR Preferred View BWV. Was a pig and asked for non- smoking, boardwalk view, near elevator, upper floor. Got all but boardwalk view which I wanted the most (had nice view of Luna Park pool). Should have kept the requests to a minimum and maybe would have gotten the boardwalk view. Room was exceptionally quiet, even when much noise going on at pool. Room looked pretty tired - hard to believe resort is only a few years old. Also, exterior facing pool needs help -- filthy awnings, filthy balcony furniture, paint showing age.

One 3-foot section of wall in our room was painted while we were out one morning. When we got back, Wet Paint sign was hanging! I didn't even notice that that one section needed paint, and they didn't come back to do any more. Very strange!

We had rooms 4076 and 4078. The phones rang constantly! Guest Services said it's because other guests try to make outgoing calls without first dialing '9' and then since they are calling within 407 area code they kept ringing our room! Fortunately, we were able to program the phone to send everything to voice mail so we could sleep at night!

Jungle Cruise was open. I thought it was going to be down for maintenance.

Had dinner at 'Ohana and no part of the windows were obstructed by the construction so maybe it's wrapping up?

Test Track breaks down CONSTANTLY -- must be a big embarrassment for Disney and even bigger for GM - many guests commenting in line about how unreliable GM products are. Talk about negative PR!

Parents joined us and took Amtrak from NJ to Orlando. Train was over 2 hours late. They said it was because freight trains have the right of way on many of the track sections so the passenger trains must often wait. I always wondered why Amtrak is frequently delayed 1-3 hours.

Feel free to e-mail me re: BW questions. It was our first visit as DVC members and we used the resort and BW area thoroughly.

Pete Witkowski