PDA

View Full Version : California Screamin Loop Removed!

Pages : [1] 2

WaltDisneyJr.
12-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Posted by Frogberto on Micechat.com

Here's some pictures from this morning (about an hour ago). http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/Frogberto/IMG_3368.jpg

As you can see, the loop has indeed been removed. Over this unnannounced one to two day project the loop on California Screamin is being removed for the Construction crane on Midway Mania. It is so interesting I though you should all know!:)

WaltDisneyJr.
12-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Here's one more once again by Frogberto:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/Frogberto/IMG_3369.jpg

Drince88
12-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Please do not copy what other people post on other message boards. If they want to post it here, as long as they are a member in good standing, they can. I'm not closing this thread in case others want to discuss the topic of the loop on California Screamin', but please don't discuss other boards.

Darkbeer
12-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I have a LOT of photos of the Missing Loop being uploaded as I type.....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2234585

ScottDisneyFan
12-12-2006, 05:29 PM
I hear they are removing a loop

futurecm21
12-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Wow, way to give me a heart attack! When I first saw your title about the loop being removed, I thought that was a perminant change. I myself am not a huge fan of California Screamin, but removing the loop on mickey's head would just be wrong. Thank goodness this is only temporary.:)

mickeyxminnie
12-12-2006, 06:09 PM
when will they be putting it back?

i missed out on screamin last time i was there and am dying to go on it when im there end of march..

the loops seems to be such an important part of the coaster.

RockDoc07
12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Of course they removed the loop!

How else were they going to move it over to DLR and get it into the Matterhorn?

Doc

Darkbeer
12-12-2006, 07:14 PM
The top half of the loop was removed to allow the addition of Side Supports on the loop, which will allow the removal of the center struts.

The center struts removal will allow the Midway Mania building to work under the track....

They hope to have the coaster open on Friday....

samkj
12-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Darkbeer, can I copy and or link to one of your pictures? I don't want to do so if you have any problems with it.

Darkbeer
12-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Darkbeer, can I copy and or link to one of your pictures? I don't want to do so if you have any problems with it.

You can always LINK, if you want to copy, please PM me here......

samkj
12-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks!

MiaTurner
12-12-2006, 09:33 PM
D:

That's almost painful to look at... even if it is temporary...

potzbie
12-13-2006, 08:32 AM
How else were they going to move it over to DLR and get it into the Matterhorn?

THAT is what *I* was going to say!

But instead of "Matterhorn," I was going to say, "Find Nemo." (Of course.)

I didn't know that Disney was so cheap that they wouldn't spring for one extra loop. -- Recycling loops is so trashy. Don't you think? ;)

MaraMouse
12-13-2006, 06:28 PM
What is the construction going on about?

Darkbeer
12-13-2006, 07:44 PM
What is the construction going on about?

They are basically adding some side supports to hold up the loop, and then remove some of the supports directly underneath the loop, to allow for the construction of the new attraction, Toy Story Midway Mania.

MaraMouse
12-14-2006, 02:43 AM
Sounds interesting, is that going to be some sort of carnival game area?

chrisaustx
12-14-2006, 04:45 PM
I was at DCA this morning at looked at the construction progress. Nothing was changed to the supports of the loop, it had to be taken down so a crane could demo the remaining building underneath. As soon as the debris was cleared out, the loop went back up. At 11am this morning, Screamin' was up and running as usual. I guess its very easy to take that loop down.
http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com/photos/116859882-M.jpg
http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com/photos/116859986-M.jpg

nightdesigns
12-14-2006, 09:56 PM
I was at DCA this morning at looked at the construction progress. Nothing was changed to the supports of the loop, it had to be taken down so a crane could demo the remaining building underneath. As soon as the debris was cleared out, the loop went back up. At 11am this morning, Screamin' was up and running as usual. I guess its very easy to take that loop down.

That is quite amazing when you think about it, remove a significant section of track, and put it back within a matter of days and have it up and running. You'd think they'd make them go through a bunch of testing before allowing it to operate again.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Not permanent, okay, that's good. Phew!

weluvdisney
12-15-2006, 05:57 AM
A person at Disney reservations didn't even know this had happened and thought I was kidding.

RockDoc07
12-15-2006, 06:17 AM
That is quite amazing when you think about it, remove a significant section of track, and put it back within a matter of days and have it up and running. You'd think they'd make them go through a bunch of testing before allowing it to operate again.

Yeah, the technology is really something. But the tracks are all constructed now to go together so seemlessly that really it's no big deal to take out a chunk and them put it back. Of course it's not as big as a loop, but think about whenever they add another train to any roller coaster track. There's usually a section right before the platform that can disconnect at will, move over to the holding area for the other trains, lock onto that track, slide the new train onto it, go back over to the ride track, and lock back into place to seemlessly add another train to the ride, and an extra 400 riders per hour ;)

Glad to hear we're not altering Screamin' though, even though I've never been on it and probably never will. The Mickey Loop is pretty cool.

Time to get back to work.

Cool Runnings all
Doc

kimi911
12-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Last Sunday from when I got there until I left, Screamin' was closed and on Monday it was closed until I left.

Did it ever reopen? Why was it down? Thanks.

808Disney
12-16-2006, 05:52 PM
I belive they were taking down the LOOP from Californian Screamin'.
Check into this thread and view the very LAST post by Darkbeer. He has pix of whats been going on. I enjoy reading his posts. Keep an eye out for him. He has many details and information!!!
**Post Your Disneyland Photo and Video Updates **- Check this thread!!!

cynthia312
12-16-2006, 10:52 PM
I belive they were taking down the LOOP from Californian Screamin'.
Check into this thread and view the very LAST post by Darkbeer. He has pix of whats been going on. I enjoy reading his posts. Keep an eye out for him. He has many details and information!!!
**Post Your Disneyland Photo and Video Updates **- Check this thread!!!

No no no. they're NOT taking down the loop. they were removing the loop TEMPORARILY for the construction of midway mania. calm down people. i went yesterday and it was running smoothly. music was on as well.