PDA

View Full Version : Our trip report... 11/30 & 12/1

atrder9901
12-03-2006, 10:19 AM
We were at DL this past Thursday the 30th and December 1st. Thursday the park was very quiet. The longest wait was for Peter Pan at 15 minutes. We pretty much were able to walk on to HM and Pirates right away. My kids LOVED Pirates so much that I lost count of how many times we went on it. We really enjoyed the Holiday version of HM although my husband said he prefers the original better (he's not a big fan of Nightmare Before Christmas.) We attended the Jedi Training Academy (both of my boys are HUGE SW fans) and I have to say that it is just heartbreaking when they didn't get picked. My kids stood there so nicely with their hands in the air, but unfortunately they were no match for the kids who where jumping and yelling around them. But my boys did really enjoy seeing Darth Vadar and Darth Maul. We decided to eat lunch at the Pizza Place in Tomorrowland and I almost died of sticker shock when it came to $50 for 4 slices of pizza and drinks!!! Thursday was pretty quiet....fireworks were canceled because of the winds. Oh...and we tried our first Dole Whip and all I can say is YUM!!! After we finished the Whip we went back and got the Whip Float and it was heaven!!

Now Friday was a lot busier than the day before. Pirates and Haunted Mansion had sorta long waits at certain points during the day, but the lines seemed to move pretty quickly. I am sure that it was nothing compaired to what the lines are like during peak visiting times. We spent some time at DL California, but we find it hard to keep busy over there. Our kids are at a "inbetween age" for that park. They say they are too old for all of the Bugs Life attractions, but they refuse to go on some of the bigger rides like the Roller Coaster. So, after a hour or so we headed back to the main park. For some reason though it felt like DL got alot busier at night. We decided to hang out for the first showing of Fantasmic and I was shocked to see people waiting for seats 3 hours before the show was to begin. We had an okay spot...nothing to write home about though. There was a little "pre" Fantasmic show when a fight almost errupted betweent two people. A man in his family were in the front row standing up and everybody in the back was asking them to sit down so everyone could see. Well, after about 5 minutes of back and forth someone stormed towards the front from the back and got into a yelling match with the man in the front row. We were certain it was going to get physical by the way he was yelling. Thankfully no fight, but the people in the front still refused to sit because they said that they had been in that spot for 2 hours. But Fantasmic is amazing! And the second night they did the fireworks and they were better than anything I have ever seen on the Fourth of July!

We had a great trip!! We seemed to have only about 4 rides in our rotation...Pirates, HM, Star Tours, and Buzz Blasters. I loved the Holiday Small World, but my boys who are 5 and 7 said that the singing dolls are freaky! Boys..LOL!! But some words of advice, we discovered that Star Tours is probably not the best ride to go on after lunch!!!

This was our first time seeing DL at Christmas and it was just amazing!! It really got us in the mood for the holidays!!I was even able to talk my husband into putting up our Christmas lights when we got home!!!!:D

Karin
12-03-2006, 11:33 AM
DH and I were there Thurs., too, for our anniversary, and were disappointed that fireworks were cancelled. But when I saw the balloon go up that they release to test the winds and it whipped down Main Street, I knew they would be cancelled. That balloon practically WHIPPED down Main Street!!

I had to work the next day, so there was no staying for F! for us.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Glad you had a nice trip, and Thursday was a quite day for you.
I have been told that locals arrive on the weekend nights, just to see the fireworks and F! so that is probably why it seemed busier to you then, because it was.
We will be there Tuesday-Saturday, so I am looking forward to Tuesday-Thursday of being relatively quiet days, as far as lines go.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Great report! And, the photos are where? ;)

jeffthechef
12-04-2006, 11:44 AM
We decided to eat lunch at the Pizza Place in Tomorrowland and I almost died of sticker shock when it came to $50 for 4 slices of pizza and drinks!!!

Well, after about 5 minutes of back and forth someone stormed towards the front from the back and got into a yelling match with the man in the front row. We were certain it was going to get physical by the way he was yelling. Thankfully no fight, but the people in the front still refused to sit because they said that they had been in that spot for 2 hours.
:D

Mabye next time, try ordering the whole pizza, instead of by-the-slice. I like getting one to go and eating while waiting for the parade:)

I also do not understand why people have to go against everyone around them and block their views:mad: Everyone is supposed to be having a good time. They have no right to ruin the show for those people behind them. It should really be a rule that everyone in the front sections should have to remain seated. Does anyone else agree?

kimi911
12-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Mabye next time, try ordering the whole pizza, instead of by-the-slice. I like getting one to go and eating while waiting for the parade:)

I also do not understand why people have to go against everyone around them and block their views:mad: Everyone is supposed to be having a good time. They have no right to ruin the show for those people behind them. It should really be a rule that everyone in the front sections should have to remain seated. Does anyone else agree?

Maybe. What I hate at things like this is some stand, so then more have to stand, etc. etc. It's a never ending thing. If like one person does it, it's just an opposite domino effect.

Are 4 slices of pizza and drinks really $50? That seems crazy. How big are the slices? How much is an entire pizza and how many slices in a pizza? I've never ate there but was planning to next time, so I want to make sure I get the best deal. :)

Also, is the pizza basically the same over at the pizza/salad place at California park up in that far corner, or is it different? Many thanks.