PDA

View Full Version : Are we nuts to go this Sunday?

Doodle Duck
11-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Not interested in Candle Procession so haven' paid attention...so is it insane and not a good idea to go for shopping this Sunday? Is it a too much 'zoo' zoo when that event is on tap?
Appreciate the help.

Thanks
Doug

MammaSilva
11-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Even if it is a zoo, if ya went you could wave to someone you know ;)

Doodle Duck
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Just wave?

MammaSilva
11-30-2006, 03:29 AM
Well hugs would be welcome but didn't want to presume !

kikid
11-30-2006, 04:29 AM
Not interested in Candle Procession so haven' paid attention...so is it insane and not a good idea to go for shopping this Sunday? Is it a too much 'zoo' zoo when that event is on tap?
Appreciate the help.

Thanks
Doug
Well, Doug from Encinitas. I would think if you arrive early, CP traffic should be light. Are you shopping in DD or inside the parks?? I'm going early @ 8am tomorrow, (fri) and spending the day shopping at DD before my son arrives at 5pm. I too am a little concerned about CP crowds, but what can 'ya' do?
PS I'm a local San Diegan too;)

Tinkermommy
11-30-2006, 06:08 AM
Doug, I went with friends the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend to go Christmas shopping, and the crowds didn't impact our shopping at all. And we shopped everywhere -- DTD, including Build a Bear (oy) & World of Disney; The Emporium, and many of the other shops inside Disneyland. We totally lucked out -- even walked right into the little sidewalk cafe on Main St. (name escapes me, LOL!) without waiting.

I say go for it!

Edited for PS: don't forget, if you spend $90 in a single transaction, you can get a Reindeer Roundup fleece blanket for $10. They're great!

Califgirl
11-30-2006, 06:16 AM
hey Doug and kikid, I'm a San Diegan too! (Vista)
I'll also be up there on Sunday for some shopping. Although I may leave before the candle light procession. I'm not sure.

I guess it really is all the So.Cal folks that 'clog up the park'. rotflmao As a poster on another thread seems to intimate. lol!!

Hope to see you there!
Is there a mouseplanet hand shake?

Doodle Duck
11-30-2006, 08:34 AM
"Is there a mouseplanet hand shake?"

Not really...you just jump up and down...stand on your head (like Cheshire Cat) and run real fast around the hub 3 times. That'll do. :-)

We got the little blanket a week or so ago. Nice. And they say APs don't spend much. ha!

Everyone can see our DL Christmas parade photos on my Christmas card page to my firends who cant get there this year. http://grindshow.com/GrindShow/Christmas.html

By the way...the Santa is the REAL one! Trust me.

Doug

Still unsure about this Sunday but I think you are right about an early arrival. :-)

ucube
11-30-2006, 10:16 AM
We went last Sunday, and the park was not so busy at night - crowds will dwindle down significantly after 8pm, and probably be fairly empty after 10pm...so if you can stay late, DO IT!

chrisaustx
11-30-2006, 10:35 AM
My prediction is that the place will be nuts, due to So Cal. A/P being allowed and candlelight procession. I did go last year to the candlelight procession with Dick Van Dyke, it was awesome. But on the down side, the park was very crowded and people were pushing from the rear into the seated area, trying to see what was going on. I am not excited about the choices of hosts this year, Disneyland could have done better, so I am going to skip it. Yes, expect things to be nuts on Sunday. :(

adriennek
11-30-2006, 10:51 AM
My prediction is that the place will be nuts, due to So Cal. A/P being allowed

You know, I would say "I knew you were going to say that" but, it was just a little too easy and it probably would not impress anyone.

Hi Doodle!!!

IMO, if you shopping on Sunday makes me wish I could be there to not just wave, considering I still haven't HAD a not just wave yet :( But. I'm on the side of - if you're primary purpose is to shop, I'd go early, enjoy breakfast or lunch and shop. Even if it's crowded, people don't shop early in the day, so if you didn't need to go on a lot of rides, just wanted to shop and soak up atmosphere, you could do that and head out before it drives you too crazy.

Adrienne

cstephens
11-30-2006, 12:06 PM
You know, I would say "I knew you were going to say that" but, it was just a little too easy and it probably would not impress anyone.

New drinking game!

We'll be there early for breakfast. We don't plan to catch Candlelight, but I do want to see the Christmas stuff since it's been two weeks since we've been, before Christmas officially started.

acpalmer
11-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Edited for PS: don't forget, if you spend $90 in a single transaction, you can get a Reindeer Roundup fleece blanket for $10. They're great!

Just wanted to clarify that it's only $70, not $90 if that makes a difference in anyone's spending!

adriennek
11-30-2006, 12:24 PM
New drinking game!

You. Are. A. Genius.

Adrienne

Tinkermommy
11-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Just wanted to clarify that it's only $70, not $90 if that makes a difference in anyone's spending!

That's right...it was $90 for two!

In my case, anyway...:p

That's what happens when I post before 9 a.m....

Crazy4DL
11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
New drinking game!

Does the game work with Bailey and Butter Shots? If so, I am in! :~D :p

Doodle Duck
11-30-2006, 04:30 PM
I must insist an ID be presented in this thread.

Except for Adriennek. You shouldn't need one. :fez:

Crazy4DL
11-30-2006, 04:35 PM

awwwww . . . . I LOVE you, no one has asked for my ID for about 20 years! :D ;)

adriennek
11-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Except for Adriennek. You shouldn't need one. :fez:

That's right. I'm special. :D

So are you going shopping?

Adrienne

cstephens
11-30-2006, 05:25 PM

You're going to card me for drinking Diet Coke?

JohnGar
11-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes, yes you are.

Besides being the Candlelight Procession (and some people come early to get good seats) it is also First Sunday of the Month and the pin traders will be out because of the gift with purchase pins and the number of holiday pins which will be released.

The wife and I have been going the last few Sundays (for the Nightmare Before Christmas coins) and last Sunday was one of the lightest crowds we've seen in a number of weeks. We don't expect to see that until Dec. 10.