PDA

View Full Version : Blast! do you think it should come back?

eds905
11-29-2006, 03:28 PM
I thought that this was the best show that DCA ever had PERIOD!!!! It would be the coolest thing ever if they brought back blast. It made me sad when it went away and compared to this, Aladdin SUCKS!!! Wait, come to think of it, it sucks on its own. Am I alone in thinking these things?

Andrew
11-29-2006, 03:45 PM
I only got to see Blast! once. I'd love to see it come back.

MammaSilva
11-29-2006, 03:49 PM
We loved Blast so much we paid full price to see the unedited version when it was on tour ....bringing Blast back for another engagement would totally rock and rock HARD!

jeffthechef
11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I prefer Aladdin much more than Blast. I'd actually like to see something fresh such as Beauty and the Beast or Lion King.:fez:

eds905
11-29-2006, 04:14 PM
I kind of agree with bringing B&B to the park but they should have it at the FLT in DL.

MammaSilva
11-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Actually, B&B has already been in the FLT

According to
Chronology of Disneyland (http://www.islandnet.com/~kpolsson/disland/dl1990.htm)

The show premiered in April of 1992, and I remember being there in June of that year and loving the production. Having said that, I've seen the Broadway production twice and LOVED it so it would be hard to condense that back down into a theme park level production.

njdrummer
11-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Yes! (But I guess my user name makes that obvious.)

dznyphreak
11-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Blast...no...it's old news. Great show, but old.

I agree to bringing B&B. Saw it on Broadway and loved it. The sets especially were amazing. It would need to be handled well, though.

Aladdin has been housed at the Hyperion way too long. Time for an eviction notice, I say.

Golden Dreams should have died a long time ago, too.

cstephens
11-29-2006, 06:37 PM
I liked Blast and I've seen the regular show as well and enjoyed it, but I'd prefer that they didn't have non-Disney shows at the park. I can see Blast on tour outside of the park - I want to see a Disney production when I'm at a Disney park.

Califgirl
11-29-2006, 06:54 PM
I loved Blast, and then went and saw the entire length show whileit was on tour. I wouldn't mind them bringing Blast back - but with the wealth of shows and talent out there, there's really no reason for them to bring back repeats.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
11-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I still miss Blast! We'd go to DCA a lot more if it were back in the Hyperion.

-TLMt

PhiSigDuchessCV
11-29-2006, 08:47 PM
I loved Blast - enough that I saw it mulitple times at DCA then went and saw it when it was on tour. I think it would be nice to have it come as a short term engagement but agree with another poster that I'd like to see Disney related shows more so. Blast has a followup tour called Shockwave that would be a good short term show.

I love Aladdin too but would like to see them debut another stage show soon. Too bad they could bring one of the Disney on Ice shows to the Hyperion Theater.

Carolyn

CleDvy
11-29-2006, 09:34 PM
We never saw Blast, but we were at DCA today and caught Aladdin, which we both absolutely loved and thought was the highlight of the day at the park.