PDA

View Full Version : Can lapel pins be traded for lanyard pins?

splash
11-29-2006, 07:00 AM
We are getting ready to go to Disneyland and I bought some pins on ebay. I didn't read the fine print that said they were lapel pins. Can they be traded same as lanyard pins? Or, should I return them and get lanyard pins? Thanks for helping with my mistake.....

ralfrick
11-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Is there a difference besides the adjective used in the name. I'm not into the trading, but I recall guidelines I saw some years back. If it's metal and has a Disney copyright on it, it's probably OK.

A bientot.

Califgirl
11-29-2006, 08:30 AM
ralfrick is correct. Just look on the back of the pin and if it has @Disney on it, it is a tradeable pin. Cast members will trade you any pin on their lanyard for any pin you want to give them, so long as it has @Disney on the back, and they don't already have that pin on their lanyard.

Some CM's wear "children only lanyards" and they are a teal color. Only kids under ? 10 maybe 12? (I don't really know) can trade from these lanyards. The CM's will tell you if it is children only - don't worry.

Enjoy - have a great trip.
Happy Pin Trading!

cstephens
11-29-2006, 10:17 AM
The only other thing to keep in mind is that any pin on a CM lanyard is up for trade, but if a CM has a pin directly on their costume, whether on the shirt itself or on the collar or pocket something, that means it's their own pin and not up for trade. Not to say that you can't ask, but they can decline, whereas they can't decline a trade for any pin that's actually on the lanyard.

TahoeBob
12-01-2006, 09:20 PM
The only other thing to keep in mind is that any pin on a CM lanyard is up for trade, but if a CM has a pin directly on their costume, whether on the shirt itself or on the collar or pocket something, that means it's their own pin and not up for trade. Not to say that you can't ask, but they can decline, whereas they can't decline a trade for any pin that's actually on the lanyard.
I made a trade last year, I had a pin from 1985 the pins they gave you when you entered the park, it was the Goofy adventureland pin I got 3 pins for it and it went into the CM's pocket.