PDA

View Full Version : Here's a Disneyland Welcome if I ever saw one

just beatla33
11-28-2006, 08:08 AM
There's no easy way to put this. But last Friday during the day, my fiance and I left DL to walk over to DCA, on our way throught the entrance by City Hall we noticed a group of CM and sweepers crowded around by this tree, as we walked past the group and looked back we saw this teen, who HAD to be on an acid trip freaking out, surrounded in her own, well vomit and crawling in it all freaked out trying to get away from the CM saying "no, no, no" and trying to stand up crawling on the little fence around the tree. I mean how bright could you be first off to think "hey I think I'll enjoy DL better if I take some acid", but what I thought the funny part is, everyone entering DL through that tunnel would have been greeted by this scene, no way it would have gone unmissed. Just imagine a family never been to DL before walking under the tunnel and boom, greeted with so girl freaking out and CM just standing around cause I'm sure they had no clue what to do. Can anyone beat a greeting like that?

stan4d_steph
11-28-2006, 09:10 AM
It's possible she was high, but it's also possible she was delirious or disoriented due to something else, like dehydration or fever. Sounds like the CMs were doing the best they could to control the situation.

Dr. Muggle
11-28-2006, 09:26 AM
It's possible she was high, but it's also possible she was delirious or disoriented due to something else, like dehydration or fever. Sounds like the CMs were doing the best they could to control the situation.

Right you are, Steph. She could have been suffering a bout of metabolic nausea. There are about 20 scenarios that have nothing to do with acid.

-Tom

SactoGuy
11-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah when i was 19 i had a panic attack in Indiana Jones... realized i was really claustrophobic, we were in the tunnel where the spikes fall, and well i lost it, ended up freaking out, hyper ventilating and then fainting, and woke up so disoriented, didn't know where i was, and my sister tried to help me up and i threw up on her... Not one of my favourite Disney moments... The CM's took me to the hospital on mainstreet and they swore up and down i was on something till the Nurse realized I had a really bad panic attack. But they actually sent my sister with a CM and a driver to get a change of clothes for me! and we were given a free day at DL =) So that was cool.

Another Dimension
11-28-2006, 10:36 AM
There's no easy way to put this. But last Friday during the day, my fiance and I left DL to walk over to DCA, on our way throught the entrance by City Hall we noticed a group of CM and sweepers crowded around by this tree, as we walked past the group and looked back we saw this teen, who HAD to be on an acid trip freaking out, surrounded in her own, well vomit and crawling in it all freaked out trying to get away from the CM saying "no, no, no" and trying to stand up crawling on the little fence around the tree. I mean how bright could you be first off to think "hey I think I'll enjoy DL better if I take some acid", but what I thought the funny part is, everyone entering DL through that tunnel would have been greeted by this scene, no way it would have gone unmissed. Just imagine a family never been to DL before walking under the tunnel and boom, greeted with so girl freaking out and CM just standing around cause I'm sure they had no clue what to do. Can anyone beat a greeting like that?

If it was drug-related... and not dehydration, panic, a seizure or any other valid medical problems... my guess is it was X, not acid, shrooms or other illegal hallucinogens.

If it was medical or drug-related, it doesn't sound funny to me. It sounds like some Guest honestly needed real help of one form or another, regardless of the situation.

cwillis
11-28-2006, 01:11 PM
awesome we should all show off our drug knowledge on these disneyland forums. keep speculating!

disneyperson
11-28-2006, 01:31 PM
The only thing that surprises me is that someone would find anything funny about a teenage girl suffering in such a way in such a public place. I'm hope DL staff took steps to take care of her with compassion.

raediance
11-28-2006, 01:31 PM
awesome we should all show off our drug knowledge on these disneyland forums. keep speculating!

LOL! =]

Malcon10t
11-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Let's see, you have issues with biohazardeous material. Since CMs do not carry the proper equipment for this, most likely security had been called and the CMs there were attempting to contain the issue. As no one really knows what the issue is (an acid trip would not have been my first guess) they were probably focused more on making sure the guest did not injure herself during this episode, rather than worrying about the general public's view. I am not sure what the OP would have thought the CM crew shuld have been doing, but I think they were doing just what they should have been doing from his description.

Bolivar
11-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Not just the biohazard. If you see someone who needs medical help, offer it and they refuse, you can't legally touch them. If you do, you can be charged with battery. That is true if you are an EMT, a paramedic, a doctor, anyone. If the person isn't competent, you can touch them on those grounds, but you better tread lightly in doing that. A non-medical, non-security CM should not be touching someone who does not wantto be touched unless there is an imminent reason to do so -- like the person is about to walk off a huge drop, or is beating someone with a baseball bat.

Goosegirl
11-28-2006, 03:22 PM
It is possible she was having extremely high blood sugar due to type 1 diabetes. My daughter is an extremely brittle diabetic and has really freaked out, vomiting and behaving in a very dangerous manner on some occasions. Last night I was up with her all night while she was very sick in this manner. We were not at Disneyland, so it was not my girl. There is no way to determine from your description whether or not this person was high or actually ill. I am sure it was very upsetting to see this as you entered the park. I pray this girl is ok.

disneyhound
11-28-2006, 03:25 PM
...Can anyone beat a greeting like that?

That is really sad.

GrouchoMarx
11-28-2006, 06:36 PM
... but what I thought the funny part is, everyone entering DL through that tunnel would have been greeted by this scene, no way it would have gone unmissed. Just imagine a family never been to DL before walking under the tunnel and boom, greeted with so girl freaking out

I dunno. The "funny part" is just lost on me, I guess.

danyoung
11-29-2006, 04:46 AM
Well, there's funny ha-ha and funny strange. I'm hoping just beatla33 meant funny strange.