PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

Squeaky
11-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Anyone else going on Christmas Day? Sean and I are going to try it out for the first time this year (neither one of us have ever been there at Christmas, and Christmas Day we will have been together for three years! Where better to celebrate than at our favorite place on Earth? :D) Also, to those of you who have done Christmas Day in the past, what were your experiences? I've heard it's unbelievably crowded, but the atmosphere is amazing and makes it worth it. What do you guys think?

I Heart Disneyland!
11-26-2006, 07:06 PM
I think.........you shouild GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful anniversary and Merry Christmas!!!! It's so worth it for you two.

rentayenta
11-26-2006, 07:21 PM
It's crowded and crazy and magical. Get there early and have a wonderful time! :D

Malcon10t
11-26-2006, 07:27 PM
We will be there!! Its GREAT! See the dog, say hi!! (I am envisioning being stopped a lot, and I am envisioning other CCI raisers being stopped with "Are you the lady from MousePad??" They will have no clue....)

Andrew
11-26-2006, 08:22 PM
We'll be there that weekend, but it's unlikely we'll stop in on Christmas morning. Well, semi-unlikely.

cabozone
11-26-2006, 08:36 PM
We were there Christmas Day in 2003, it was raining hard in the morning and by the afternoon the park was practically empty. We had a great day!

pisces
11-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Yes.

That's an early-entry day.

MaraMouse
11-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Congats on your anny!

I was there last Christmas day, and it was awesome! It wasn't crowded at all, and most of the attractions were walk-ons, but the following days quickly got crowded to full capacity.

Don't forget to bring warm clothes, at night it was freeezing :)

Squeaky
11-27-2006, 07:13 PM
thanks guys! We're so excited!!! :)

dznyphreak
11-27-2006, 07:30 PM
My past experiences on Christmas Day have been remarkably uncrowded. I went...2 and 3 years ago I think. Not bad to my recollection.

Of course, at the ripe old age of 17, my memory may be slipping. ;)

808Disney
11-27-2006, 07:42 PM
:fez: I'll be there Squeaky!!! My family and I always travel to disney in Oct. or Nov. This will be our 1st time during Christmas... We always catch the Christmas Decor. One year it was amazing... It was the ending of Oct. One day we were there just like a regular day... The VERY NEXT DAY... The tree was up and all the Christmas Decor was up... It was AMAZING!!! Of course IASW wasn't running.. But I just couldn't believe my eyes!!! Its not that way anymore but I LOVE going during Christmas Holiday...
Checking out everyones reply..... I sure hope the park WILL BE EMPTY on Christmas Day... That would be GREAT!!!! Last year in NOV. just before Thanksgiving it was "CRAZY"!!!! I'm counting down the days for me... AND looking forward for that special "Disney Christmas"!!!!:fez:

Malcon10t...We both will be there the same time... I'll keep my eyes for that Black Lab!!!!

dznyphreak
11-27-2006, 07:54 PM
My assumption (again with the memory) is that most people are home with their families. Yes, Disneyland is magical, but family is more special than anything else.

Of course, when the two coincide, it's nothing less than heaven! :)

Malcon10t
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
We will be there! The whole family. For some, this is not "their" holiday. So, its just an extra day off. For others, family is not a safe place to land. For me, my kids go to visit relative in So Cal, and so we go to DL and enjoy our time together there.

GrumpyUTboi
11-27-2006, 10:51 PM
We went to DL last year and there was nothing magical about the experience. Well if standing in line for 2-2 1/2 hours per ride is magical. I can only asume that you do not have young children, so standing in line for 2 hours is not bad, since you do not have little children trying to run off. For the first time in my life I sat at DL and thought of how I wasted so much money for so little fun.

We experience DL at Christmas and that was good enough for me. We are going in a couple of weeks for 3 days to see the decorations, but we are pulling the kids out of school for 2 days so as to be there at a less busy time. I know that it will be crowded but have to close the gate at 10 am because they reached capacity, whew no thanks!

Malcon10t
11-28-2006, 05:40 AM
We were there last Christmas. We entered the park at 1pm Christmas Day, and the turnstiles were not closed. While we did have to wait to ride about 45 minutes for Space Mountain, most of the rest of the rides weren't bad. Christmas Day was probably the lightest day of that week. NYE ended up being light and no closures due to rain. While I didn't have small children, I did have 4-7 teens. I hope you have a great time Christmas Day, and like I said, if you see us, SAY HI!!!

ArtGuy
11-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi Guys! First post from a long time reader.
My wife and I will be flying out on Christmas Eve morning, staying all the way 'til New Years Day! We were out this past July visiting my sister in Santa Barbara, and had 2 great days in DLR. So we've decided to get out of the cold and snow this year for a little fun (and perhaps mayhem as well!) I've booked us for dinner at the Blue Bayou Christmas eve, and what was Granville's (new name soon?!) for Christmas Dinner. I'm wondering based on what I've read here, if Napa Rose would be a better choice for our holiday meal? Grainville's (or whatever it is going to be called) seems like a nice, quiet spot. Any suggestions, comments etc.. would be greatly appreciated!

Malcon10t
11-28-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi Guys! First post from a long time reader.
My wife and I will be flying out on Christmas Eve morning, staying all the way 'til New Years Day! We were out this past July visiting my sister in Santa Barbara, and had 2 great days in DLR. So we've decided to get out of the cold and snow this year for a little fun (and perhaps mayhem as well!) I've booked us for dinner at the Blue Bayou Christmas eve, and what was Granville's (new name soon?!) for Christmas Dinner. I'm wondering based on what I've read here, if Napa Rose would be a better choice for our holiday meal? Grainville's (or whatever it is going to be called) seems like a nice, quiet spot. Any suggestions, comments etc.. would be greatly appreciated!Congrats on the trip! We will be doing our annual trip down also, we come down from 12/23-1/3 each year (only missed in 2003). I would think Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 would be great choices. We are scheduled at Blue Bayou for Christmas Dinner, but I am thinking of changing it also.

pisces
11-28-2006, 09:08 AM
We went to DL last year and there was nothing magical about the experience. Well if standing in line for 2-2 1/2 hours per ride is magical. I can only asume that you do not have young children, so standing in line for 2 hours is not bad, since you do not have little children trying to run off. For the first time in my life I sat at DL and thought of how I wasted so much money for so little fun.

This year is special, because I've always just missed the 25th by a day or so.

This year, for the first time, I'll be there on the exact day of...

Other than a couple of hours at EE and enjoying the nighttime parades/fireworks....

...The main thing for me, that day, is just enjoying the beautiful hotel room, and view...and listening to the special music (24 hour commerical-free Christmas radio).

Just being at the Resort, on that day, would be enough, I would think.

I don't plan to spend the day standing in lines, or racing to get on attractions.

AliCat
11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
We will also be there on Christmas day this year. We are staying at the DLH from 12/21-12/26. Due to the kids' later Christmas break this year we had to move our dates. We usually go the week before Christmas and come home for the big day. This year that wasn't going to work, so we decided to see what Christmas day was like at the merriest place on earth. We're all pretty excited about being there and I'm not too worried about crowds. We were just there over Thanksgiving weekend and the crowds weren't bad at all. If you make use of fastpass and get there early, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting on the rides that you want. We've got priority seating at Steakhouse 55 for Christmas dinner and we're having lunch at the Blue Bayou on one of the days too. We're definitely looking forward to it!

DisneyPrincessCat
12-03-2006, 04:44 PM
This year my hubby and I are going for the first time at Christmas!!!:D :D We fly in the 22nd, stay at Disneyland Hotel and fly back home the 26th. I think it is going to be the most wonderful, magical Christmas ever! We have the Christmas Tour reserved and character meals and I CANNOT wait. I live for my Disney trips!!!!! We will see you all there. I am brand new on these boards, having just signed up yesterday. I wanted a place to talk about Disney with others that are as fanatic as I am. What a great place this Mouse Planet is!!!!!! I found it by accident and have been reading posts for two days now, just to get in the groove....Anyway, can't wait, can't wait, for the very important date: December 22nd!!!!!!!! Flying away from Snowy cold Denver:( to warmer California:cool: and DISNEY!!!!!!!! Happy Holidays to all and have a magical evening!:D :D
susi-Q

ErikBsandiego
12-05-2006, 10:41 PM
This question is asked on this board almost every year. The general consensus is that the AM is very light for a holiday. By noon gifts throughout socal have now been opened amd the crowds descend like mad if it is a nice day. If it rains or is threatening than it will be light for the whole day. I believe several years they have had to shut DL for a couple of hours because it was at maximum capacity. Reason - I think the latest I saw - there are 950,000 AP holders in the southland. Xmas day in the afternoon - time to go do something so why not DL to burn off some kid's with gifts energy.

I think you will have a good time but plan accordingly: Mountain range in the AM, maximize your use of FP, and consider park hopping at noon over to DCA and coming back to DL for parade, fireworks, and maybe a couple of lesser rides.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Oh man! This is making me want to go on Christmas next year!!

Malcon10t
12-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Reason - I think the latest I saw - there are 950,000 AP holders in the southland. Xmas day in the afternoon - time to go do something so why not DL to burn off some kid's with gifts energy.
All passes except PAPs are blocked on Christmas Day.

rentayenta
12-06-2006, 05:58 AM

Ya think? ;)

kisroo
12-06-2006, 06:02 AM

Oh you, shush!! Weren't you just there?!?!? ;)

We are planning a holiday trip NEXT Dec. but will most likely fly out before the big day.

I love DL at Christmas!!

~kisroo:)