PDA

View Full Version : Question about 2007 Parkhopper Rates

DangerMouse
11-24-2006, 09:38 AM
I know they are offering the "Everyone Plays at Kids Prices" after January 3, but have been not-so-patiently waiting to see if they will offer the "Kids Play Free" deal with it as they have in the past.

Anyone "in the know" hear anything yet? Should I assume that they won't offer this since they haven't announced it yet?

I'm wanting to purchase parkhoppers for our kids' Christmas stockings (as a surprise trip in early Jan), so now am kinda on a deadline for purchase.

Thanks for any input! :D

ktrm
11-24-2006, 05:31 PM
I too am patientely waiting to see what deals they are offering after the new year. I, like you, have seen the everyone pays the kids price but have not seen kids play free. Last year AAA told me that their best Disneyland deals come out in January. That is when I got two kids tickets for free with the purchase of two adult tickets, a free refillable mug, and both my kids got free stuffed Nemo toys for entering a coloring contest. To get these tickets I did not have to book the hotel through AAA. These Disneyland tickets had to be used before the end of April, though. I hope they offer this deal again because although the everyone pays the kids price is a good deal, kids play free is a better deal.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-25-2006, 07:14 AM
I know they are offering the "Everyone Plays at Kids Prices" after January 3, but have been not-so-patiently waiting to see if they will offer the "Kids Play Free" deal with it as they have in the past.

Anyone "in the know" hear anything yet? Should I assume that they won't offer this since they haven't announced it yet?

I'm wanting to purchase parkhoppers for our kids' Christmas stockings (as a surprise trip in early Jan), so now am kinda on a deadline for purchase.

What about just making tickets for them on the computer, and then purchasing them later when the deals come out for January? They won't care if it is a real ticket or not.

nvmom
11-25-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm waiting patiently to hear about the kids play free promo to? Not to mention that the dates I've looked in March so far, the hotel rates are higher than last year??

nvmom

cynthia312
11-25-2006, 12:06 PM

dang it! if this is gonna actually happen then everyone and ANYONE would have no problem with $$$ and they'll go to disneyland more often instead of like once every 2 years. cheaper price=even more CROWDS :mad: not looking forward to that.....

Malcon10t
11-25-2006, 12:19 PM
dang it! if this is gonna actually happen then everyone and ANYONE would have no problem with $$$ and they'll go to disneyland more often instead of like once every 2 years. cheaper price=even more CROWDS :mad: not looking forward to that.....
They run these promos every year. They generally run Jan- mid April. They pull in more families during a slow period. I think its a great idea.

rentayenta
11-25-2006, 12:22 PM

That is a great idea for stocking stuffers!

DangerMouse
11-25-2006, 08:44 PM

Sorry to be a downer to you and cause more crowds, but this is the only way our family of five is able to visit DL. We count on these special discounts and I am very happy that DL provides them for those of us who do not live in S. Cal and aren't able to buy the ultra-cheap APs.

DangerMouse
11-25-2006, 08:46 PM
That is a great idea for stocking stuffers!

Thanks, Jenny! I just picked up three Disney Dollars at the Disney Store to serve as my back-up in case I'm not able to get the parkhoppers in time for stockings. :D

samkj
11-26-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't think they'll be offering the kids free tickets this year. In the past both offers came out at the same time. The 2007 printed brochures only mention the "Everyone plays at kids price" tickets too. Sorry!

MermaidHair
11-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Why not give getawaytoday.com a call? I remember when we went last March I was keeping an eye out for the kids play free promo and the firsts to have it were Getawaytoday. I would bet they could tell you if it was going to happen at all.

nvmom
11-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Ooh, good point about GAT. Thanks! In fact, if memory serves, you could only get that promo thru certain agencies and GAT was one of them.

nvmom

Malcon10t
11-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Ooh, good point about GAT. Thanks! In fact, if memory serves, you could only get that promo thru certain agencies and GAT was one of them.

nvmom
We got them last year from WDTC, and it didn't show up til Jan. I was just glad I didn't book tickets til then.

samkj
11-26-2006, 08:14 PM
We got them last year from WDTC, and it didn't show up til Jan. I was just glad I didn't book tickets til then.
The promo was advertised in November last year. http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=769376#post769376

DangerMouse
11-27-2006, 06:27 AM
Why not give getawaytoday.com a call? I remember when we went last March I was keeping an eye out for the kids play free promo and the firsts to have it were Getawaytoday. I would bet they could tell you if it was going to happen at all.

Great idea! I just emailed them. I'm crossing my fingers and toes! :D

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
11-28-2006, 09:46 AM

God forbid ... Disneyland for everyone. Here I am thinking that OC is only for the rich and beautiful. Silly me. :confused:

DangerMouse
11-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Great idea! I just emailed them. I'm crossing my fingers and toes! :D

Here is the customer service response from Getawaytoday.com. :(

No, there will not be a "kids free" promotion into Disneyland. But we will
be having "Everyone at Kids prices". It is effective January 3, 2007 thru
April 26, 2007. Please call us if you have any questions.

Thank you
Get Away Today Vacations
(866) FUN-TRIP or
(800) 523-6116