PDA

View Full Version : Faith renewed in DL/DCA....

skeleton@thewheel
05-20-2002, 06:30 AM
I went to DL/DCA yesterday with some good friends from AZ that drove over and had a BLAST!

DL with the construction was enjoyable, good crowd and GREAT CM's.... from the pin shop on main street to the coffee server in New Orleans Square....

Pirates was running and the fog machine was in full effect!

good ol' monorail blue running...

as for DCA, wow. 3-4 cars running on Cal Screaming at the SAME time! It's Tough to be a Bug great as always with a full house...

and then the Electrical Parade.... amazing. It was the first time I'd seen it since it was at DL and I swear it put a lump in my throat!

as soon as the music started and I saw the first float off in the distance -goosbumps! I could not believe the effect it had on me last night.... awash in memories of going to DL with my folks and being a little kid again...such a simpler time...

all in all a great time and no doubt in my mind on getting my AP renewed!

:)

Lacrosse Boy
05-20-2002, 07:36 AM
It's good you enoyed it. Most people walk out of DCA like grumps! (Can't blame 'em!)

Iceman
05-20-2002, 08:10 AM
Funny, when I went to DCA I didn't see anyone leaving who looked grumpy. Looked like everyone had a great time to me!

mcampisi
05-20-2002, 08:37 AM
Speaking of the fog in PotC, I nearly suffocated the last time I was on it there was so much fog. I couldn't see anything!

I loved it!!

skeleton@thewheel
05-20-2002, 01:57 PM
it was one of those special days and hopefully there will be more!

I've been to DL and DCA in the past and *ahem* have not had as good of a time....

;)

tabacco
05-20-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Iceman
Funny, when I went to DCA I didn't see anyone leaving who looked grumpy. Looked like everyone had a great time to me!

I also have yet to see a person leave DCA looking disappointed or grumpy. PLEASE, people, if you don't like DCA stop going and stop whining about it. It'll save me both bandwidth and time in lines.

Uncle Dick
05-20-2002, 07:24 PM
I've seen grumpy and disappointed people exiting from both parks. I've always assumed that such people were intrinsically unhappy. In fact, I'd wager that more people exit Disneyland unhappy just by virtue of the horrendous crowds the park attracts on weekends and holiday periods.

DigitalLizard
05-23-2002, 06:20 AM
Ha Ha Ha!

"Skeleton" says a lump in his throat...
there were tears streaming down his face
like the waterfall off the bear mountain!

it was adorable to know that ELP can affect
a 30 something year old male!

Love ya babycakes! Hope you aren't mad I
gave away your secret!:D

MerryMouseWife
05-23-2002, 07:34 AM
I am so glad you had a good time. We are going in 9 days (count 'em, nine, 9, one less than ten and one more than eight, 9). I can hardly wait. My hubby hasn't seen DCA yet although our DD's and I went in Nov. last year. I am anxious to show him the new park.

Anyway, good to hear you had an enjoyable time.

Merry