PDA

View Full Version : 3 quick questions...

5jw
10-23-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm thinking of taking my 3 year old and 1 year old to DL in April.
1) When will the monorail re-open?
2) What days are early entry?
3) Easter is the 8th - I'm hearing to avoid DL around easter/spring break. If I go the week of the 22nd, do you think it'll still be crowded?

Thanks so much!

disneychick
10-23-2006, 01:08 PM
I can answer number 2 for you! :) Someone was kind enough to answer this question for me recently - EE days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

hlbtimes2
10-23-2006, 01:44 PM
The last few years, the end of April have still been somewhat busy. They have been offering a special for locals, its a two part ticket for dl and dca. It usually expires right around the 25-27 of the month. They also have been offereing kids fly and play free and adults at the kids price the last couple of years- it ends that last week of April as well. So, while it shouldn't be packed and "summer " busy, it probably wont be totally quiet either. The first week in May tends to be very nice. Spring break is over, the specials have ended and the weather is very nice.

Tinker Bell
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
I looked at our school calendar and we ( orange county kids) have 9th - 13 off. I hope that helps.

Tinker Bell

bradk
10-23-2006, 07:50 PM
generally speaking, the month surrounding easter is the danger zone. the 2fer should be somewhat of a concern, but mostly only for weekends, to best avoid locals. however, even during the week won't help much if others are on vacation.

i would imagine the monorail would be up by then as well? darkbeer probably has a better idea, but it doesn't seem like it should take that long to get things back to quasi-normal.

WITron
10-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Also on April 19th is a pin event. I don't know how much of an impact that will have on attendance as it is only a one day event. I know the parks will have atleast one more visitor. :)

jamsandwich
10-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Speaking of EE, any recommendations as to which day is the best to take advantage? We'll be going on a Saturday and a Tuesday... I figure Tuesday will be a little less crowded for EE, but that's really just speculation....

oregontraveler
10-24-2006, 04:45 AM
According to today's DLR update, the monorail will be open for the Christmas
holdays, then perhaps close again in January. (Pure specualtion) I would say
it would back full time in time for your trip after Easter.

bradk
10-24-2006, 05:35 AM
overall, saturday would be a busier day, but not so much for EE since a small percentage of locals would even have the capability to attend (since it's not open to AP holders). if you're going Sat - Tues, I'd probably go with Sat because you'll be diving right into the quintessential Disneyland experience and you'll also be aware of what you need to catch up on later in the trip.

GrumpyUTboi
10-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Also keep in mind the spring breaks of AZ, all schools in CA, UT, NV, OR, WA. As some people remember from a couple of weeks ago when UT had UEA (Utahns Escape to Anaheim) the kids had a fall break of sorts and DL got real busy.

abkb76
10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Spring Break can be anytime from March all the way through April.

The university I attended in Arizona always had spring break the first week of March.

I teach at a year round school in Orange County, and our spring break is the last two weeks in March and the first week in April for year round, while traditional is April 2-8.

I would say just to be prepared with snacks for the kiddos and a smile on your face!
:)
amber

Alisonsmom
10-27-2006, 10:26 AM
I can answer number 2 for you! :) Someone was kind enough to answer this question for me recently - EE days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Do AP holders get early mornings?

acpalmer
10-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Do AP holders get early mornings?

Only if they are staying at an onsite hotel (currently, that unwritten benefit of staying onsite could potentially end at any time).