PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Lightyear Photo Problems...

annieb727
10-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Hey...can any of you ever access your pictures?? I ALWAYS get the "server is too busy" message. EVERY SINGLE time I try to get my pictures! I really want to get my 1,483,700 one before it's gone! Any ideas of when it's a better time to try to get it??

bassett1976
10-22-2006, 09:21 AM
When I get that message I keep trying over the next 10 minutes and usually get it. One time I had to wait an hour... Try either early in the morning or late at night.

tonytone
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey...can any of you ever access your pictures?? I ALWAYS get the "server is too busy" message. EVERY SINGLE time I try to get my pictures! I really want to get my 1,483,700 one before it's gone! Any ideas of when it's a better time to try to get it??
Did they change the score display--either in the ride itself, or in the photo display--so that it is now possible to display scores greater than 1,000,000? I ask because when I last rode BL, IIRC the display on the ride itself can display only 6 digits. I know this because I happened to get lucky one day--i.e., the ride was temporarily stopped for a much longer time than usual--and racked up massive points, to the point that the display maxed out at 999,999. In addition to that, my BL photo shows my score as exactly 1,000,000 points...and I know I had kept hitting targets even after the display showed 999,999.

So Annie--please don't take my comments as insinuating that you're making up your score; I'm just curious if they've changed the scoring display mechanism so that it's possible to tabulate scores greater than 1,000,000 points, since you stated that you got 1,483,700--which is an excellent score, no matter how you slice it! :D

DisneyDustin22
10-23-2006, 11:23 AM
The scoring meter in the ride vehicle will only reach 999,999. However you can continue score points and then your total score will show with your photo.

Another Dimension
10-23-2006, 09:17 PM

When I get that error, usually the few hours after Disneyland closing, I just hit "Refresh" in IE in a minute or so.
I've gotten the 'dead link red X' many times too when getting a Buzz pic.

"Refresh" works every time for me.

Great score! :D

Stupid_American
10-24-2006, 06:44 AM
My 1,000,000+ score also resulted in no photo at the kiosk.

tonytone
10-24-2006, 12:59 PM
The scoring meter in the ride vehicle will only reach 999,999. However you can continue score points and then your total score will show with your photo.
I won't dispute that; however, how would one be able to explain why my online photo showed a score of exactly 1,000,000 points? I know for sure I was still hitting targets, especially given that I had discovered before the end of the ride that my display was "stuck" at 999,999. I mean, what are the odds that I would score exactly 1 million points? Heck if scores greater than 1 million can be displayed in the photos...I sure wish it had done so in my case; I saved the photo off the website and emailed a copy to my buddy--he was incredulous that I was able to achieve such a high score (he's gone on BL before), to the point that he accused me of Photochopping the photo to make it look like I scored a million points!

Moving on--in Annie's case, the ride must have had a fairly-extended temporary stoppage; with no ride stoppage at all, it is nearly impossible to score a million points (short of hitting the rumored million-point target)--especially if there are riders with/front/back of you who are decent shots--no matter how good of a shot you think you are. In my case, it was sheer luck that our car was stuck right in front of a triangle target for almost 5 minutes... :D

Another Dimension
10-24-2006, 05:40 PM
AFAIK there is no million point target.

There are two 50,000 point hidden targets, and those are really the key to high scores. Some rides you just can't get many shots at them, so making them count is important.

My overall Buzz average is around 600k.
I have yet to break 1,000,000. :(
But I've gotten 985,800.

bassett1976
10-24-2006, 09:24 PM
AFAIK there is no million point target.

There are two 50,000 point hidden targets, and those are really the key to high scores.

Where are these targets???

Another Dimension
10-25-2006, 03:00 AM
Where are these targets???

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pde90e1bbdbbc7bc8b6eb224867f525f2/ec5bb2f4.jpg

Same location on both Zurgs. ;)

tonytone
10-26-2006, 09:05 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pde90e1bbdbbc7bc8b6eb224867f525f2/ec5bb2f4.jpg

Same location on both Zurgs. ;)
Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but which one is it--the one on the underside of Zurg's gun, or the one underneath the ball in his left hand? Based on your previous post, I'll guess that it's the one underneath the gun since it isn't always visible (the gun arm goes up and down). :D

Another Dimension
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but which one is it--the one on the underside of Zurg's gun, or the one underneath the ball in his left hand? Based on your previous post, I'll guess that it's the one underneath the gun since it isn't always visible (the gun arm goes up and down). :D

Where that white circle is in the picture. Is where the target is.

A couple/few inches below the non-target (Z) on Zurg's chest, and in between his seperated chestplate. :)

Katran
10-26-2006, 06:23 PM
That's got to be darn near impossible to hit. No wonder it's worth so much!

Another Dimension
10-28-2006, 07:48 PM
That's the point! ;)

It's also based on what positions you catch the 1st Zurg in, as you pass by.

The 1st Zurg is a moving target and he's moving his hidden target in both directions as you pass by moving in 1 direction.

The 2nd Zurg is just a lot farther away.
If he moved that would be nearly impossible to hit his best target. :(

Katran
10-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Boy, talk about a sense of accomplishment if you manage to hit even just one of them!

tonytone
10-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Where that white circle is in the picture. Is where the target is.

A couple/few inches below the non-target (Z) on Zurg's chest, and in between his seperated chestplate. :)
And I thought that white circle was just part of Zurg's medallion--don't ask me how I managed to see it that way...DOH!!!!

Also--I had previously read elsewhere that the "bonus" target was Zurg's medallion itself, which I had kept shooting to no avail...and all this time I was just a few inches off from the "real" bonus target...double DOH!!!!

Thanks for the clarification on exactly where the bonus target is!

Katran
10-30-2006, 09:37 AM
And I thought that white circle was just part of Zurg's medallion--don't ask me how I managed to see it that way...DOH!!!!

Don't feel bad, I did too! In fact, I had to look at the picture a second time after re-reading the description in the post before I saw it.

Double DOH!!! ;)