PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving at Disneyland

mikala
10-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Just wonering what it will be like during Thanksgiving. We have no interest in spending this holiday with family. We'd rather be with Mickey Mouse than the extended family. Please advise. The trip could include my husband, self, my daughter who will 8 months old, my sister, her husband, her 3 year old, and her 4 month old....

Rhiannon8404
10-13-2006, 07:11 PM
We love Thanksgiving at Disneyland. We've done it 3 of the last 4 yrs. We usually go the whole week (Mon-Fri) and have the buffet dinner at DLH on Thanksgiving. Crowds are light (IMO) Mon-Wed, it's pretty busy on Thanksgiving, and very crowded on Friday.

We love our extended family, and see them for every single holiday. This is the one holiday we take for just the three of us.

Anything in particular you want to know about?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Glad you mentioned Tuesday of that week is less crowded. My hair dresser is taking her family for the first time that week, just for 1 day and I suggested Tuesday. She started the conversation with "Have you ever been to Disneyland. " I just laughed.

Wendi
10-21-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to brave it too... just have to work out a few details. We would arrive Sunday 11/19 and leave Thanksgiving (11/23) night. I am seriously afraid of the crowds since I only like to go off-season, but I am just dying to go and I won't have school stresses that week. That DLH buffet was so tempting me to just go for the meal last year, but I am also interested in hearing from anyone who has done the Thanksgiving buffet at Storyteller's Cafe.

Leofoenget
10-22-2006, 01:26 PM
I will arrive Sunday 19th afternoon and Monday. I expect some crowds, but I plan on taking it really easy with my 2 year old. I did the whole deal with my 8year old sept. Toon town, small world Pirates (hopefully) Pooh, DCA. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't do any E ticket rides except Pirates. Haunted Mansion I think i'm gonna skip.

can't wait

abkb76
10-24-2006, 06:15 PM
I went last year for Thanksgiving with my parents. It was more crowded then I had thought it would be, but nothing like May 5th last year or Christmas-time.

We did not have dinner inside the park, instead we walked across the street to Mimi's Cafe. They had a traditional Thanksgiving meal which was delicious not to mention a far better deal then inside the park! I made reservations there about a week ahead of time which made it super easy getting in and out. Also was good to take a break from the park and relax in a less congested area.
:)
Amber

Momtowolf
10-25-2006, 06:02 AM
We went on Thanksgiving one year and the day of Thanksgiving and the following weekend....CROWDED!!!

We are trying days up to Halloween and Halloween this year and it should be interesting to see how crowded it will be....

Also we are going the day after Halloween and I have a feeling that will be the day where we really get to ride EVERYTHING we want with no big lines!!!