PDA

View Full Version : A real DCA survey, very interesting... What are YOUR choices?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkbeer
10-12-2006, 07:39 PM
A few days ago, I was stopped just past the DCA turnstiles and was asked to scan my AP by one of the "survey" folks.. which I did, then was asked for my e-mail address....

Today, I got a survey in my e-mail...

The first part was a lot of "fill in the blank", where they asked a lot of open ended questions...

(And it looked like it was from the "DCA Problem" side of TDA...)

Things like...

How would you describe DCA to your friends and family

How would you describe Disneyland to your friends and family

What things do you like about DCA

What things do you think need attention at DCA

Etc...

Then they had this question....

If you had the chance to improve DCA, pick up to 3 of the following choices....

1. More Thrill Rides

2. More Rides for Young Children

3. More Family Rides

4. More or Better Themeing on existing Rides and Attractions

5. More Stage Shows

6. More Parades

7. More Disney Characters

8. Add a Fireworks Show

9. Different Music

10. More Benches/Places to Sit

11. Better Atmosphere

12. More Flowers and Landscaping/Shading

13. Better Guest Service

14. More Staffing / Employees

15. Change the Name of the Park

16. Change the "California" theme of the Park

17. Longer Operating Hours

18. Lower Ticket Prices

19. Lower Prices for Food, Beverages and Merchandise

20. Better Quality for Food, Beverages and Merchandise

21. More Places to buy Food, Beverages and Merchandise

22. Transporation within the Park

23. Shorter Lines or Fewer Crowds

24. All of the Above

25. Other (Fill in the Blank)

26. None of the Above

The second question was which ONE of the list is the most important to you in improving DCA

So here is the question, and I am asking you NOT to use choices 24 thru 26, but the individual choices... Which THREE would you choose? And then which one of those three is most important to you?

DatabaseDiva
10-12-2006, 08:08 PM
1 More places to buy food, beverages and merchandise
2 Longer operating hours
3 More thrill rides

I think there are plenty of places to buy merchandise at DCA, but they need more/better restaurants.

pisces
10-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Most Important:

#11--Better Atmosphere

...and then these three:

#12--More flowers, landscaping, and shading
#06--More Parades
#07--More Disney Characters

Actually, how about just...."more" period.

"More" is the operative word, and that, alone, pretty much says it all!

Disneymademoiselle
10-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I got this too, Darkbeer and want to give them thoughtful advice. I'm so thrilled that they are taking our advice. It is really quite invaluable information, especially from a guest (customer)

I'll let you know what answers I give.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-12-2006, 08:32 PM
More family rides
More rides for young children
Better themeing

Most important more family rides

brammypam
10-12-2006, 08:48 PM
More family rides
add a fireworks show
longer operating hours

I'm new to this discussion board usage. We are planning our annual trip to DLR for the 12th year. I can hardly wait!!

Bounty8111
10-12-2006, 09:10 PM
1. Longer Operating Hours
2. More Disney Characters
3. More Thrill Rides

Obviously the more E tickets the better, but I can't stress enough about the longer operating hours. I've felt since day one that if you're going to spend $650 million building a second park, you should keep it open as late as Disneyland is.

Gone2Disneyland
10-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I copied and pasted the list of options into a Word doc, and put a line thru the ones I felt were least important to me. By this process of elimination, I was finally left with these choices:

11. Better Atmosphere (...which, if you think about it, would take care of a lot of the other items on the list)

15. Change the Name of the Park (...to "Walt Disney's Calfornia Adventure," inspired by all of the "Placemaking" stuff we've read about here and on other sites to redo the look within DCA)

25. Other (Fill in the blank): Create a better transition between and stronger purpose for each of the areas in the park as it applies to how Walt Disney himself either did experience or would experience with his vivid imagination each area, as inspired by the new park name, "Walt Disney's California Adventure."

My favorite of the three would be "Other" because obviously I get to squeeze two of my choices into one. ;)

This was fun, Darkbeer, and a great thread to start.

eryn
10-12-2006, 09:11 PM
8 add a fireworks show
17 longer operating hours
19 lower prices for food, beverages and merchandise

And 19 is the most important to me

Bytebear
10-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I will add a write in choice: Add a Bellagio type water attraction in the lake. Goes off every hour or so.

Shinku
10-12-2006, 09:29 PM
3. More family rides
12. SHADE.
22. Transportation within the park

brammypam
10-12-2006, 09:39 PM
What is a Bellagio type water attraction?

Andrew
10-12-2006, 09:47 PM
What is a Bellagio type water attraction?
Bellagio fountains (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-ZpUzZ4YC4).

brammypam
10-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Oh, like the fountains at the bellagio hotel in Las Vegas?
Thanks Andrew

IcDkRy16
10-12-2006, 10:20 PM
1. More Thrill Rides
17. Longer Operating Hours
22. Transporation within the Park

olegc
10-12-2006, 10:32 PM
i was asked at Disneyland for the same survey and took it online.

i am surprised so many of you want more thrill rides - when compared to the res of the attractions DCA has a large share. screamin, ToT, Maliboomer, and to a lesser extent GRR and Mulholland madness. Then there are plenty of kiddie rides, but only a few family ones (monsters inc., soarin').

chose a few - but better overall theming, more family rides, shade, and less walking were key for me.

i liked the fact that they asked us to describe in detail what we would tell someone to expect at DLAND and DCA...

no fair mentioning better transitions and ties to walt's old california - since it was already discussed in detail as a direction in one of MiceAge's columns.

mckygirl99
10-12-2006, 10:45 PM
i was asked at Disneyland for the same survey and took it online.

i am surprised so many of you want more thrill rides - when compared to the res of the attractions DCA has a large share. screamin, ToT, Maliboomer, and to a lesser extent GRR and Mulholland madness. Then there are plenty of kiddie rides, but only a few family ones (monsters inc., soarin').

I pretty much agreed with you. I think that there is a lack of "family-themed" attractions. Having a six year old, there are not too many things we can enjoy as a family. But at Disneyland there is a plethora of rides and attractions. I think this is one of the biggest DCA problems.

I was wondering about the questions involving visting WDW and their significance. We went this time last year and I thought they were going to ask more questions about that in relation to the DCA experience.

daisydog
10-12-2006, 11:10 PM
11. Better atmosphere
12. More landscaping
4. Better themeing on existing attractions

I've only been to DCA once and for the most part I really liked it. However, it seemed to be too spread out and felt unfinished. Part of that is unavoidable because the park is new and will take some time to develop the kind of character that makes DL so special.

But to speed that process along I think more landscaping needs to be added and more attention to atmosphere and themeing all over the park.

californiagirlx7
10-12-2006, 11:38 PM
1. More Family Rides
2. More or Better Themeing on existing Rides and Attractions
3. Lower Prices for Food, Beverages and Merchandise

The most important, to me, is more family rides.

Swhite
10-13-2006, 05:06 AM
More thrill rides that are family rides!

I disagree that there are plenty of thrill rides. And thrill rides done right are family rides too. Think Matterhorn mountain, space mountain, splash, thunder, etc. Those have just the right amount of thrill.

Last time we were there we felt like all we did was sit and watch shows: Tough to be a bug, Alladin, turtle talk, muppets. I know, we had a choice to go to those, but I was with two people whose first time it was, and we just did all the attractions.

mommy-san
10-13-2006, 06:04 AM
3. More Family Rides

10. More Benches/Places to Sit

11. Better Atmosphere

But I think it all would be more enjoyable if:
12. More Flowers and Landscaping/Shading

10-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Being a creaky old thing, I chose:

12 - More flowers/landscaping
10 - More benches, places to sit
3 - More family rides

jswtsang
10-13-2006, 06:45 AM
For me:
Family Rides
Disney Characters
Better Atmosphere.

I really Laughed at the "Change the name" sounds like they're really grasping at straws...maybe if it was Walt's Happy Funtime land, more kids would want to go despite the fact that we didn't change anything. :) (BTW this isn't a dig at a previous poster, that's just what popped into my head when I read the original list, changing the name w/o changing the content would be silly IMHO)

jt

atrder9901
10-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Definately more family rides. Aside from Monsters, Inc there wasnt really anything else that my kids were interested in. My kids are too old to enjoy the bugs life stuff, but too young to do things like Tower of Terror and California Screaming.

The kids LOVED Monsters Inc, so I think more themed rides like those would be awesome!!! I also agree with everyone about needed more characters!

IdahoMike
10-13-2006, 07:46 AM
I'd have to go with
1: More family rides (most important
2: Longer operating hours, I think the parks should match, or be within 1 hour of each other
3: More Disney characters: I have 3 young boys 6,4,1, and they love the characters, but 90% of the park has NO characters in it. You have to pretty much go to the backlot to meet any characters. I'd like to see them spread out a little better, and also rotate in some different ones, rather than Chicken Little/Incredibles/Cruella/Hercules all the time

Mike