PDA

View Full Version : More questions about Fantasmic seating

Mom2
09-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Okay, for YEARS, we always sat right next to the light tower-just to the left...you know the lights and controls for the show, in front of the wrought iron fence. Right in front of that area is the wall that everyone sits on and soon the CMs will ask them to leave, because they turn that into a walkway for everyting between the very front of the Riverwalk and that wrought iron fence. So, they started roping off that area and have chairs there. Who gets to sit there? Do you have to pay to sit there? If so, how soon can you buy the seats? Is this that dessert Riverside seating? I know about the Fantasmic buffet but I thought there was a dessert Riverside seating too? Who do you call, where do you go to reserve? We were especially disappointed since we made it our tradition to sit there and then then they started this. Also, we really liked sitting there because we were allowed to park the 2 ECVs in our party there. One time we went and sat in our usual place, we were tired so decided to crash there for about 3 hours before the show and then were told to move...by that time of course, the rest of the place was crowded. Sorry if this has been answered, but after searching the site, I am still a bit confused.

Malcon10t
09-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Okay, for YEARS, we always sat right next to the light tower-just to the left...you know the lights and controls for the show, in front of the wrought iron fence. Right in front of that area is the wall that everyone sits on and soon the CMs will ask them to leave, because they turn that into a walkway for everyting between the very front of the Riverwalk and that wrought iron fence. So, they started roping off that area and have chairs there. Who gets to sit there? Do you have to pay to sit there? If so, how soon can you buy the seats? Is this that dessert Riverside seating? I know about the Fantasmic buffet but I thought there was a dessert Riverside seating too? Who do you call, where do you go to reserve? We were especially disappointed since we made it our tradition to sit there and then then they started this. Also, we really liked sitting there because we were allowed to park the 2 ECVs in our party there. One time we went and sat in our usual place, we were tired so decided to crash there for about 3 hours before the show and then were told to move...by that time of course, the rest of the place was crowded. Sorry if this has been answered, but after searching the site, I am still a bit confused.About 7 years ago (maybe longer) they started the Riverside seating there. You can get seats by calling 714-781-4400 30 days in advance. Its $59 per person, 9 and under is $49. I know we first did the seating there back in 2001.

Mom2
09-25-2006, 02:36 PM
I have actually been sitting there up until last year. I guess they must have just expanded the Fantasmic Riverside seating area. We were sitting in the corner behind the wrought iron, on the inside of the stairs. I did not realize what that seating was before, I thought it was just for VIP guests.

Malcon10t
09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Okay, for YEARS, we always sat right next to the light tower-just to the left...you know the lights and controls for the show, in front of the wrought iron fence. Right in front of that area is the wall that everyone sits on and soon the CMs will ask them to leave, because they turn that into a walkway for everyting between the very front of the Riverwalk and that wrought iron fence. So, they started roping off that area and have chairs there.
Ohhh, redoing my thinking, if this is the area that only seats maybe 15, this is a VIP area. "Special Events" is in charge of this area. You could possibly book it by calling Special Events, not sure how much it would cost.