PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to See Fireworks

Pages : [1] 2

Rapunzelthorn
09-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone! I am new to the forums.

I will be visiting Diseneyland with my family (husband, DS 5, and DD 2) on Columbus Day and the following Tuesday. They are having the fireworks at 9:25 in the evening on Monday. I was wondering where the best place to watch them from would be. Does anyone have any tips for me? Last year we went in November and I caught part of the show while sitting outside the Village Haus restaurant in Fantasyland. We were really too close there to view them properly and our view was obstructed. I was only there because I had been eating with my daughter in the restaurant and then they closed (we were there very late) and we got kicked out and I was still waiting for my husband and son to return from another ride. Anyways, any advice? I'd like to actually watch them this year.

Malcon10t
09-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Best place for viewing is the sitting area, in front of the ropes at the base of the Castle's bridge. But, this means you need to wait for a while. We do this at least 2-3 times a trip. We love it from there.

tunaman68
09-24-2006, 10:08 PM
I don't know how long the curent display will continue as it seemed to have been theemed around the 50th party...BUT MAN IS THIS AN AWESOME SHOW - IMHO the best in Disney history. We've been going to DL for about 35 years and have seen the fireworks from virtually every angle you can imagine!

For us the best spot for the current display is at the end of main street just past the last building, but not quite to the circle where the statue of Walt and Mickey is. If you face the castle and look to the right, you should see the corn dog cart (YUM YUM). Move to the right side of the street and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CLEAR VIEW OF BOTH THE CASTLE AND THE MATTERHORN. For more specifics read on - if you want the show to be a total surprise, stop here!

(SPOILERS AHEAD)

To me this is the most immersive spot as you can see the BIG stuff that is coming up from the back of the park, the stuff that is coming off of and behind the castle, see the projections on the matterhorn, and be surrounded when the ones go off the top of the main street buildings! Plus the sound is good, and the crowds aren't quite as bad as right in front of the castle.

Have fun!

Bytebear
09-24-2006, 10:38 PM
... at the end of main street just past the last building, but not quite to the circle where the statue of Walt and Mickey is.

I agree! This is my favorite spot. I usually stand about 5 to 10 paces behind the Walt and Mickey Statue. It's all about having a clear view of the Castle with no trees blocking you. This are is also pretty easy area to get to even on a fairly busy evening.

I have seen the show once right in front of the castle, and to be honest, for as long as we waited, I felt like I was sitting in the front row of a theater. A close view, but you tend to miss the whole picture.

Don't get stuck in the Fantasmic crowd (if a show is before the fireworks) or you will not be able to move to the hub.

PAPACITO
09-24-2006, 11:40 PM
The best place to see the fireworks is on the top floor of the Mickey and Friends parkng garage. The fireworks are shot about a hundred yards or so to the east of the structure. You can actually see them being launched, and the bang is louder.

But sorry to say the Fireworks I beleive will not be around for Columbus Day, but I could be wrong with that.

Phantom2006
09-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Best place for viewing is the sitting area, in front of the ropes at the base of the Castle's bridge. But, this means you need to wait for a while. We do this at least 2-3 times a trip. We love it from there.

I did this once. It was not the great there are some fireworks you can not even see because the castle is in the way. We had to wait there about 2-3 hours. It is a definite one time thing...I would say the best place for the fireworks is the Hub or just alittle back on main street.

Vegitabeta
09-25-2006, 03:44 AM
We had the best viewing experience from Main Street, in line with Casey's Corner. There was a rope right in front of us as there was a walkway there. It's good 'cos then you don't have any tall people in front of you blocking the view!

annieb727
09-25-2006, 10:22 AM

I totally agree!! We did this earlier this month...it was AWESOME....we waited from about 6:30 - but we were RIGHT at the rope! INCREDIBLE!!

Malcon10t
09-25-2006, 10:33 AM
I did this once. It was not the great there are some fireworks you can not even see because the castle is in the way. We had to wait there about 2-3 hours. It is a definite one time thing...I would say the best place for the fireworks is the Hub or just alittle back on main street.I'll be honest, you have to sit at the back rope. If you sit closer, you do lose fireworks, but right at the back rope, it's perfect. Its my favorite place, and I've seen them from just about everywhere. But, everyone has different favorite places.

DadandFamily
09-25-2006, 10:40 AM
A good spot to watch the fireworks is from here http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=392201 . It is between the two sets of fireworks and you can see the ongoings happening at the castle. And you can be one of the first to get on the peter pan ride after the fireworks end. For a different location. you can also watch the fireworks from the top of the Mickey and friends parking garage to get a different view (which someone else mentioned)

RockDoc07
09-25-2006, 11:35 AM
For the current display of Remember... I think a great place to watch from is right at the entrance to Tomorrowland in front of the Astro Orbiter. The music is very audible from there, and the angle is just right so you can see projections on the Matterhorn and such. Also, like someone mentioned earlier, at certain parts in the show fireworks are literally being shot off from all around you and exploding directly over your head. It's AMAZING.

The only drawback is the occasional noise from the CM operating the Astro Orbiter as they welcome people back from their mission, but this was negligible to us.

Back to the books, have a great afternoon all!

Cool Runnings,
Doc

alfredo212
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Anywhere on Main St. is the best place, hands down, in my opinion.

The old man
09-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Anywhere on Main St. is the best place, hands down, in my opinion.
Can't be. Many places on Main St. don't have a view of the Matterhorn.

Vegitabeta
09-27-2006, 02:44 AM
How about the left hand side of Main Street then, near the front?

The old man
09-27-2006, 05:51 AM
How about the left hand side of Main Street then, near the front?
There are certainly many good places on Main St. But Alfredo said, "anywhere on Main St." And that it was "hands down [the best]". I believe the best would be as the hub spots as indicated in the excellent article that was written here on MousePlanet.

hickorydickory
09-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Can you see the fire works from the plaza inn?

alfredo212
09-27-2006, 11:40 AM

I dont beleive you need a view of the Matterhorn to enjoy the fireworks. The only reason to have a view of the Matterhorn is to see when Tinkerbell comes down from there, but she eventually makes her way behind the castle. Main St. in general, is the best place to get a clear view of the castle, and the lighting effects that are displayed on the castle, as the fireworks are going off behind, as opposed to viewing the fireworks from other areas in the park as others have posted.

eds905
09-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Has anyone else sat at it's a small world? I sit there every time and I have a great veiw of the big fireworks although you have to turn arround to see tink. Also, they project a movie on the castle corresponding with the music (i.e. when you hear the frontier land music you see the rivers of America and big thunder mountain.) Also, it is possible to get from Fantasmic! to this location between the 5 minute buffer.

Anywhere inside this box provides a good view of small world. if you are at the bottom of this box, if you know when, turn arround to see tink.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=462699

tunaman68
09-27-2006, 08:22 PM
I dont beleive you need a view of the Matterhorn to enjoy the fireworks. The only reason to have a view of the Matterhorn is to see when Tinkerbell comes down from there, but she eventually makes her way behind the castle.

The current display features a lot more involving the matterhorn than just tinkerbell.

SPOILERS---

There are things projected on it, as well as a part where the castle and matterhorn shoot fireworks at each other during a "pirate battle" sequence.

The first time I saw this show I was too far inside main st and missed all the stuff involving the Matterhorn and I was bummed:crying:

alfredo212
09-27-2006, 09:42 PM
The current display features a lot more involving the matterhorn than just tinkerbell.

SPOILERS---

There are things projected on it, as well as a part where the castle and matterhorn shoot fireworks at each other during a "pirate battle" sequence.

The first time I saw this show I was too far inside main st and missed all the stuff involving the Matterhorn and I was bummed:crying:

I stand corrected, thanks...the gf and I are going on Friday after work. I will be on the look out for this.

Vegitabeta
09-28-2006, 02:55 AM
In DLRP they project things onto the castle, it's sooo cool!

annieb727
09-28-2006, 08:21 AM
In DLRP they project things onto the castle, it's sooo cool!

they actually do a bit of this for the fireworks at DL here too. it is really cool how they do it :)

Malcon10t
09-28-2006, 08:48 AM
they actually do a bit of this for the fireworks at DL here too. it is really cool how they do it :)Right, and they project things on the Matterhorn. Now I am trying how to get down to Disney one more time to see Remember before it goes away on the 4th.

SDMom
09-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Forgive me if this has been clearly established elsewhere, but I must ask...Is next Friday, (oct.4) really the last night for the Remember Fireworks?

Malcon10t
09-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Forgive me if this has been clearly established elsewhere, but I must ask...Is next Friday, (oct.4) really the last night for the Remember Fireworks?I'm sorry, Remember's last night is Nov. 4th.