PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin Musical

jazzysmom
09-04-2006, 08:11 AM
We have seen the show already, and don't want to wait in line, but still would like an okay seat.

So my questions are:
1.) From your expereince, which show time is the least busy?
2.) How late before the doors open can we get there and still get a decent seat?

cardfrek
09-04-2006, 01:06 PM
From my expirence working at the Hyperion theater i would say the least busy shows are the 1:50 and 6:00 pm shows. And as for getting seats for the show if you get past the gates at the entrance before we close the gates at show time (e.g. 1:50 4:05 6:00 ) you will get at seat for the show but it won't be that good of a seat. For better seating i would recommend you be in the queue at least 20 to 30 min before showtime to get fairly good seats. And if you want to see the show i would try to watch it before the theater goes into refurbishment from Sept 11th to early Oct.

SeansMom
09-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Along the same lines, how long is the show?

cardfrek
09-04-2006, 08:53 PM
45 min, also since DCA is going to reduced hours now the only shows they will be doing usually are the 12:20, 1:50 and 4:05 shows on weekdays and adding the 6:00 pm show on sat and sun

CmHyperion
09-04-2006, 08:59 PM
We have seen the show already, and don't want to wait in line, but still would like an okay seat.

So my questions are:
1.) From your experience, which show time is the least busy?
2.) How late before the doors open can we get there and still get a decent seat?

1) First show
2) 20mins

Also, what the heck is an, "okay" seat. That is rather ambiguous since it is all based on your individual opinion. If you asked me personally, all the seats are okay since you can see the show from any place you are sitting. The only real bad seats are the ones that are all the way in the back of orchestra because you can't see the carpet flying. If I were going to watch the show and wanted really good seats I would wait for the Mezzanine to open and be the first one in that line. That way you could be able to get the front row of Mezzanine or the right box seats (IMO, those are the VERY best seats).

jazzysmom
09-05-2006, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE=CmHyperion]
Also, what the heck is an, "okay" seat. QUOTE]

I sat in the last row once, and to me that was not an "okay" seat. I would rather not be on the moon so to speak, at the same time, I don't want to waste much of my day waiting in line for a great seat.

averagedork
09-05-2006, 01:55 PM
You have little girls, they might be scared by the walking puppet animals next to them, I would go for the 2nd level.

dznyphreak
09-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I agree with CMHyperion. Front row of the mezzanine is the perfect place to sit. Center, of course.