PDA

View Full Version : Beaches Close to Disneyland

SunRayz
09-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Hey Everyone...planning a trip to DL in Oct and wondering if I could get some idea's from you in regards to a beach that I could visit while we are there. We will not have a vehical, so something extremely close would be great.
Thanx for all your help :)

Darkbeer
09-03-2006, 09:47 AM
The nearest Beach would be Newport Beach, and would be about $40 to $45 one way by cab, or you could take the local bus service.

You take the OCTA Route 43 south bound from Harbor to the corner of Newport and 18th street (about 1 hour), and then transfer to Route 71 to the beach. $3 round trip, but close to 2 hours travel time each way....

tunaman68
09-03-2006, 10:09 AM
IMHO if you can, get to Main beach in Laguna. You'll find the perfect blend of nice big beach, good waves, and lots of great shopping, dining, and quirky beach town. If you make it there and the tide is out, make sure to go to the north end of the beach and explore all the great tide pools you'll find! (Bring flip flops or reef shoes if you've got them for climbing around on the rocks)

Maybe someone else will have info on buss routes from Anaheim to Laguna for you!

Anohter option is Huntington Beach, but personally I don't like it quite as much.

backsthepack
09-03-2006, 10:23 AM
While we were there in August we drove over to Long Beach. It didn't seem like it was very far away. We took Harbor over to the 22 (I believe that was the freeway) and it took us right there. We found a little public parking area and spent the day playing in the water and on the beach.

momuvseven
09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
We followed Beach Street down to Huntington State Beach and loved it.

rentayenta
09-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Huntington Beach is great! Their Main St. has tons of good shopping and places to eat.

TTFN92
09-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I love Huntington Beach! That would be my pick and it is easy to get to. Newport is another good one and right next to Huntington.

ucube
09-03-2006, 07:20 PM
probably worth it to rent a car - u can usually find a deal for $30 or so.
then go to...

1. laguna beach

or tied for 2nd...

2. newport beach
2. manhattan beach
2. huntington beach

or perhaps even up to check out hollywood and then go to santa monica/venice beach - make a real excursion out of it...

but probably worth ur time and effort to rent a car for a day, and go exploring a little bit.

Darkbeer
09-03-2006, 07:32 PM
^Heck, you can find a car for less than $30...

Hotwire.com lists the prices for the days you want.... And I really don't care which Major Rental Company it is. My Car Insurance policy covers everything, so no need for the extras.... Alas, Hotwire.com does not offer off-airport rentals....

I went to Expedia and typed in a random date in October (the 10th), and got a quote of $26.99 from Dollar Rent-A-Car.

Bytebear
09-03-2006, 07:59 PM
First of all, if you can RENT A CAR! It just makes things easier. Parking will not be an issue in the off season, so don't worry about that. Get a good map online or in a guide book, so you don't get lost.

Manhattan beach is a bit far for a day trip from Anaheim. Here is what I found from http://www.daytrippen.com/beaches.html with some editing from me. I love all three beaches equally, so it depends on what kind of experience you want.

Laguna Beach - Artsy boardwalk, small busy beach front, uphill streets might be tough on kids. Tidepools.
Once a sleepy art colony Laguna Beach has transformed into a major resort with world class hotels and spas. There are also many boutiques and galleries, and world-class restaurants located in the downtown area. While visiting the beach a nice side trip is a drive up Laguna Canyon where you will see one of the last remaining undeveloped coastal wilderness areas left in Orange County.

Newport Beach - Sand and Beach, Balboa fun zone is a perminant amusement area. Fun for nostalgia of a beach front carnival.
Bordered on the north by Huntington Beach Beach and on the south by Laguna Beach. Newport is home to some of the most expensive real estate in Southern California. The City has two piers and six miles of wide sandy beach. Parking can be hard to find during the summer months it's best to arrive early to find a space. Newport's back bay is one of the few remaining estuaries in Southern California and is the home of nearly 200 species of birds.

Huntington Beach - Surf town with boardwalk and pier to match. More beach to play on and around, and you will see more surfers for sure.
Huntington Beach, also called Surf City, is a beach city in Orange County, Southern California. It is bordered on the north by Bolsa Chica and Seal Beach, on south, by Newport Beach. Once a sleepy oil town and later a surfer hang out. Today Huntington Beach is remaking its self as a west coast resort destination.