PDA

View Full Version : Going to Disneyland in November...

alicen1drland
08-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi everyone,
I am new to mouseplanet! My name is Alice and my husband and I are going to Disneyland in November. I was just windering if anyone could give me a heads up about how busy it is the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday after Thanksgiving. We usually go the day after Thanksgiving...yes, I know we are crazy:eek: ...and it is packed. We figured we might be able to avoid some of this by going on the Sunday when everyone else is driving home. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Also, can someone tell me what they think of the changes to Pirates? Thanks
Alice:fez:

kiwifuz
08-27-2006, 10:24 PM
We've done that week the last few years and never really experienced a huge crowd. I can't speak for the actual day after Thanksgiving because we've never been that day because that's our travel day, but the others haven't been too bad for us. I can't say we ever really stood in any unbearable lines, but we also used fastpass.

Also, with the 50th over at the end of September it'll be interesting to see what happens with the crowds. This past year we stayed that whole week following Thanksgiving & the crowds were terrible the following Saturday, but during the week we had no problems. We've done Spring break also and it was much worse than the weekdays.

As for Pirates I have no clue. I'm sure others can clue you in, or maybe if you search for old threads there were quite a few when the ride first re-opened.

emmah
08-28-2006, 01:23 AM
I did that week last year and it was great; I didn't queue at all from tuesday - thursday, and while the crowd grew a bit the following weekend (the candlelight procession happened on that weekend) it was fine with fastpass etc. The fireworks happened every night even though the park closed at 8pm, and fantasmic was on fri-sun, so it was a great week to go. i'm really tempted to use my frequent flier miles and head off again but am trying to restrain myself until the end of january. enjoy!!

alicen1drland
08-28-2006, 10:10 AM
thank you so much for you input. I am hoping that it all works out perfect when we are there!
Alice