PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Question?

macuser209
08-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Which hotel would be the best for the money and experience?

1. Holiday Inn at the Park

2. Howard Johnson

3. Disneyland Hotel

Thanks.

Tom

rentayenta
08-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Disneyland Hotel hands down. Some say being on property doesn't enhance the trip but it depends on your perspective. I think it totally adds to the experience. Not having to leave the magic rocks! Anaheim is an ugly town.

Well really the Paradise Pier but that wasn't an option. ;)

disneyhound
08-18-2006, 05:30 AM
Disneyland Hotel hands down...Anaheim is an ugly town.
Most towns compared to DL are hard on the eyes, but ugly? The area right across the street, part of Aneheim Resort, is not ugly, not Disney, but far from ugly. The walk to Hojo, or even a closer off-site hotel is very clean for the most part, and safe! The most dangerous part is crossing Harbor Blvd.

The DL Hotel is the most $$$, maybe the better Disney experience, but staying at the Hojo is easier on the budget. Your hotel is just a place to shower and sleep!

backsthepack
08-18-2006, 05:31 AM
Disneyland Hotel by far. The experience is amazing and fun. Nothing like staying in a room decorated like the mouse!

The Holiday Inn is too far of a walk.

Hoppypooh
08-18-2006, 07:36 AM
The DL Hotel is pretty amazing... lots of history and quite magical. But realistically, you come to DLR to be in the parks not the hotel. I just can't justify the inflated pricetag for a place where I'm going to shower and sleep.
I think it's better to stay at the HoJo. The walk is not that far, the place is beautiful and clean and the service is GREAT! Plus it's waaaaaaay cheaper!
If you want to see the DL Hotel, go walk around the lobby and grounds and have meal at Goofy's Kitchen. Save your money for the parks!

backsthepack
08-18-2006, 07:39 AM
I agree about the price sometimes. But everyone should stay at the resort at least once. It is a whole new experience. If you have kids I am sure you will spend more time than you think at the hotel. We do. The pools are fun and the kids always love them.

oregontraveler
08-18-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm debating on staying onsite for a birthday celebration. It would be in February and I would have an AP discount. It seems the shorter park hours, smaller crowds and a 10% discount would be a good incentive to go then.
GCH seems too much, I'm leaning towards DH than PP.

If all you need is a bed and a shower, then stay offsite. But I agree thet you should try and stay onsite at least once, indulge yourself if you can.

animalx
08-18-2006, 10:59 AM
If money wasn't an option DH but if i didn't stay at one of the Disney Hotels i prefer the Hojo. I am staying at the paradise pier this year because it's only 40 more . if i was going to stay at DH it was going to be an extra 80. And staying at the Pier i can still use DH pool

Rockchalker
08-18-2006, 07:01 PM
I agree about the price sometimes. But everyone should stay at the resort at least once. It is a whole new experience. If you have kids I am sure you will spend more time than you think at the hotel. We do. The pools are fun and the kids always love them.

I agree about the prices too. My husband and I were comparing the cost of the DLH to other hotels we have stayed at. Even the Broadmoor (very upscale hotel) in Colorado Springs is cheaper than the DLH. However, if you stay there once, you want to stay there again and again and again because nothing else will ever compare to the experience.

annieb727
08-18-2006, 07:09 PM
I have to say that I've never stayed at any of the hotels you mentioned...

However, I DO get to stay at the Disneyland Hotel next month - I am SUPER excited. It's really expensive - I got an AP rate of $195/night and going up to $205/night on Fri/Sat nights. I've always stayed at places that were MUCH cheaper (Desert Inn & Anaheim Plaza Hotel), so this is a HUGE treat for me - I sweet talked dh (and gave him "that look") and he gave in :D. But with taxes that's almost $1400 for six nights. I've been fighting the idea of doing it - cuz I could stay across the street for $59/night - just over $400 with taxes!! But in the end dh has said that I have to now - it's a birthday gift - so here I gooooooooooooooo...

For me, once I saw the pics of the DLH - the little Disney touches - Mickey hand holding the lamp, tinkerbell borders in the rooms, the Neverland pool, I just knew I needed to experience it.

An idea - that would give you that experience AND save some money is to break your trip up - I don't recall if you said how long you would be there - but if you're there for four nights - do two at Hojo's and the other two at the DLH (try to do Early Entry days at DLH - that way you get that benefit too;) ).

rentayenta
08-18-2006, 07:15 PM
If money wasn't an option DH but if i didn't stay at one of the Disney Hotels i prefer the Hojo. I am staying at the paradise pier this year because it's only 40 more . if i was going to stay at DH it was going to be an extra 80. And staying at the Pier i can still use DH pool

I think you will like the PPH. We have stayed at the DLH and the PPH and when asked where they wanted to stay this year, my family said the PPH. The rooms seem larger and cleaner and the service is A+ Disney.

DianeM
08-18-2006, 07:35 PM
I'd say Howard Johnson for the price, Disneyland Hotel for the experience. I'm in the "cheap hotel" camp when I go to DL. I like to stay in fancy hotels when I'm going to be staying in my room a lot or the view is critical, but at DL my husband and I are too exhausted to do anything but collapse when we get back to the room, so I go for cheap. I don't know anything about Holiday Inn at the Park, but unless it's really nice, I'd rather be closer to the park. HoJo isn't the closest, but it's an easy walk.

Which hotel would be the best for the money and experience?
1. Holiday Inn at the Park
2. Howard Johnson
3. Disneyland Hotel

I Heart Disneyland!
08-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Homewood Suites. ha!