PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a hardcore Disneylander!

Pages : [1] 2

CmHyperion
07-28-2006, 11:28 PM
I thought this was pretty funny. Anyways, there is this one person who is quite old (70+) who always comes to watch the Aladdin show - almost everyday, all four shows! I feel kinda feel sorry for her though because I don't know if she is intentionally watching the show. She is quite old so she might have Alzheimer's, which means she probably doesn't even realize that she has watched the show before! Then again, she might just simply enjoy the show or enjoy's the presence of being at DCA. I need to talk to this lady and see how her visit to DCA is going...

rentayenta
07-29-2006, 06:02 AM
I thought this was pretty funny. Anyways, there is this one person who is quite old (70+) who always comes to watch the Aladdin show - almost everyday, all four shows! I feel kinda feel sorry for her though because I don't know if she is intentionally watching the show. She is quite old so she might have Alzheimer's, which means she probably doesn't even realize that she has watched the show before! Then again, she might just simply enjoy the show or enjoy's the presence of being at DCA. I need to talk to this lady and see how her visit to DCA is going...

Her life sounds pretty good, IMHO. Maybe she does have dementia. Is she clean and nourished? She must have an AP so she has some resources. If so, more power to her. It's sounds better than the some of the days I have- that's for sure. ;)

averagedork
07-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Maybe she comes into the Aladdin shows for air conditioning. This heatwave has hit the elderly the hardest. When I go to Disneyland during the day lately I go to Tiki room a lot during the heat.

The old man
07-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Hopefully she never has to ask you where the bathrooms are.

DianeM
07-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Lots of old people don't have dementia. She might have a relative in the show, or perhaps she is taking advantage of the air conditioning, or maybe somebody in the show reminds her of somebody she once knew. Or she may just really like the show. If she is organized enough to find the theatre and sit, she probably has a significant amount of mental acuity.

there is this one person who is quite old (70+) who always comes to watch the Aladdin show - almost everyday, all four shows! .

Vegitabeta
07-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Hehe!

disneyhound
07-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Lots of old people don't have dementia...

My Mom has some dementia, she knows who she is, who her friends and family are, where she is, even balances her checkbook... She is fast approaching 88 years young, and lives with my brothers family. She is real sharp on some things; a little fuzzy on others. She has not seen a re-run of M*A*S*H on TV for a while now. She always remarks what a great episode it was and that she would enjoy seeing it again some time; even though she has see every episode. It is really strange, she can name all the plants/flowers in their yard, but forgets a re-run TV show! :p

This woman might be functioning fine and still enjoy Aladdin for the first time, every time! I think that would be OK with me; could you imagine feeling that joy you have when you experience something you really love for the first time? I wish her well, and many happy Aladdin performances!

bradk
07-29-2006, 09:11 AM

i was going to say the exact same thing, except in a different way (i.e., hopefully she wears a little something extra), but glad i waited for someone else to do it :)

miss bianca
07-29-2006, 12:25 PM

LMAO!!!!

I Heart Disneyland!
07-29-2006, 12:57 PM
i was going to say the exact same thing, except in a different way (i.e., hopefully she wears a little something extra), but glad i waited for someone else to do it :)

We're all thinking it too! haha! At least I was! ;)

Klutch
07-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Many people well beyond 70 are quite sharp with very good mental acuity. I have an uncle who flew aboard B-24 bombers in WWII. He's in his 80's and can tell you a lot about that experience as well as things that are going on around him right now. I wish I had his mental acuity!

As for this particular elderly woman, I'm leaning toward the air conditioning theory. After all, between Alladin and Golden Dreams, I'd likely also choose Alladin. :D

disneyperson
07-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Look in any Mall and you'll see ederly folk who come there every day just to get out of the house and be with other people. Sounds to me like this lady has an even better idea.

Disney Vault
07-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Look in any Mall and you'll see ederly folk who come there every day just to get out of the house and be with other people. Sounds to me like this lady has an even better idea.
Much better:D

CmHyperion
07-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Maybe she comes into the Aladdin shows for air conditioning. This heatwave has hit the elderly the hardest. When I go to Disneyland during the day lately I go to Tiki room a lot during the heat.

Maybe, today when she walked by me she made a comment about the weather not being so bad today.

rosie
07-30-2006, 06:44 PM

Ok, given the previous tread which will not be named....I laughed at that.

ssturgeo
07-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Being 62, I will take note....when I go to DL at 70 or after, I will try not to establish a "pattern".

Geez...I was hoping to retire in 4 years and become a CM, not put out to pasture!!! Nor stereotyped! Old is all in the head!!!!:

SportyTink
07-31-2006, 12:30 PM
We're all thinking it too! haha! At least I was! ;)

I second that one :p

ghoofie
08-01-2006, 09:55 AM
I thought this was pretty funny. Anyways, there is this one person who is quite old (70+) who always comes to watch the Aladdin show - almost everyday, all four shows! ...

Why not ask her in a real pleasant conversation style ?
I bet she'd enjoy talking to ya. I would ask her if I saw her.
Since my dad had very early dementia before he died, I have
become very tolerant with 'older' folks . Well I'm one myself...54.

Maybe throw a few perks her way...save her a special
seat for a show...something like that. Make her day special.

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.

quadaunt
08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Being 62, I will take note....when I go to DL at 70 or after, I will try not to establish a "pattern".

Geez...I was hoping to retire in 4 years and become a CM, not put out to pasture!!! Nor stereotyped! Old is all in the head!!!!:I'm with you, ssturgeo. I've never thought of 70 as 'quite old.' It's all relative, though. If you're in your teens or early 20s anyone 40 or older is 'quite old.' However, once you hit 30 you begin to realize that age is just a number.;)

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
08-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Why not ask her in a real pleasant conversation style ?
I bet she'd enjoy talking to ya. I would ask her if I saw her.
Since my dad had very early dementia before he died, I have
become very tolerant with 'older' folks . Well I'm one myself...54.

Maybe throw a few perks her way...save her a special
seat for a show...something like that. Make her day special.

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.

Ghoofie - your post made me smile. :D

CmHyperion
08-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Ok, given the previous tread which will not be named....I laughed at that.

hahaha. I'm glad she knows how to use the maps and read signs =)

I Heart Disneyland!
08-02-2006, 12:19 AM

Old is all in the head!!!!:

Haha! I love it. And you are 100% right...old IS in the head. My grandma, when she was 83, was still having the time of her life ! That is how I hope to be at that age. I am now 45, and I think that people who have more years on me are fascinating. Maybe this lady DOES have an interesting story.

teach
08-02-2006, 12:51 AM
hahaha. I'm glad she knows how to use the maps and read signs =)

CmHyperion, I have been impressed with how you have taken the high road and not reacted/ responded to others who have questioned your opinions and thoughts. Keep it up.

Vegitabeta
08-02-2006, 01:59 AM
CmHyperion, I have been impressed with how you have taken the high road and not reacted/ responded to others who have questioned your opinions and thoughts. Keep it up.
It's just a joke though, we're just having fun:P

hefferdude
08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Geez...I was hoping to retire in 4 years and become a CM, not put out to pasture!!! Nor stereotyped! Old is all in the head!!!!:

Right on! Gramma's 75 and "worries" us because she refuses to slow down. Loves the Matterhorn too! What's this "old" thing? Youth is so wasted on the young.

Its only 7 more years for me till I retire ( 60 ) and I plan to devote my time to volunteering at summer camps then maybe work as a seasonal CM, specially during the holiday season.

...and I will be happy to point out ( two fingers or more ) any and all the restrooms to any guest any time ( and be sure to wash your hands! ) :p