PDA

View Full Version : Cove Bar - Can Kids eat there with us?

FunMom
07-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Does the Cove Bar allow kids to join their parents for a meal there? Would it be within the bounds of appropriate if our kids are ages 10 & 13?

twist1980
07-13-2006, 07:16 PM
When we were in DCA in June, I was walking by the Cove Bar and saw kids sitting at a table eating with their parents. I commented on it and my fiance said they probably only restrict them from the rail. His 6 yo son also walked in there with me to get a beer while we waited for our PS time at Ariel's Grotto. No one said anything.

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 05:01 AM
Official Policy, kids can enter and stay at the Cove Bar, so long as they are seated at one of the tables.

Kids cannot sit at the bar itself, you must be 21 or older with valid ID to sit at the bar, even if you are not enjoying "adult beverages" (California Law).

ESS Heckler
07-14-2006, 06:22 AM
mmmmmm - Lobster Nachos!!!!

disneyochem
07-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Yes, we frequently take a break at the Cove Bar with my children (ages 7 and 9). We sit at a table and have chips, salsa, nachos etc. My girls get sodas while the hubby and I get margaritas or dark beer. The CMs at the Bar are fantastic to families. They have even gone so far as to nip over to Ariel's Grotto for munchies for my kids!

It is a great place to refresh! I highly recommend it. (And you might have a Darkbeer sighting :) ).

dsnyredhead
07-14-2006, 10:45 AM
We've eaten there with our two year old son. They don't have a problem with it. While it might not be advisable if this restaurant was anywhere else, the fact that it is on Disney property I am sure they are used to having tourists bringing in their children.

THpoohbear
07-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Hi FunMom, just in case you haven't seen it, please check your PM! :)

lg3
07-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Could someone enlighten an infrequent DL visitor on where the Cove bar is? I looked at all my info for DL & DCA and don't see it listed. We are leaving in two weeks!!!! Thanks!!!!

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Could someone enlighten an infrequent DL visitor on where the Cove bar is? I looked at all my info for DL & DCA and don't see it listed. We are leaving in two weeks!!!! Thanks!!!!

The Cove Bar is in DCA. It is located above Ariel's Grotto in the Paradise Pier area.

If you follow the Parade Route from Sunshine Plaza (main entrance), make a left near Golden Dreams, and walk up the Pier like bridge, and keep walking until it makes a sharp left turn, instead of following the path, make a right and you will be there.

lg3
07-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Thank you Darkbeer. I will definately be on the lookout for it.

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 01:14 PM
When you find it, you can always ask any bartender if I am around ;)

The bartenders say that is the second most asked question at the Cove Bar, after "Where are the Bathrooms?"......

Frogberto
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
...you can always ask any bartender if I am around ;)

The bartenders say that is the second most asked question at the Cove Bar, after "Where are the Bathrooms?"......

Ha! So that's where you hide. Apparently the rumors of DarkBeer sightings at the ESPN Zone and on the Monorail are false...

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh, I also ride the Monorail a lot lately (Sub Lagoon photos), and was going to the ESPN Zone to watch World Cup games.....

Actually, I haven't been to the Cove Bar a lot lately, since there is really nothing going on at DCA to take photos of (except for empty walkways)....

But I guess that will change in September, and of course, the Cove Bar might go back to weekends only by then.....