PDA

View Full Version : One Year Ago Today (5/5/05)

Animalia
05-05-2006, 07:11 AM
It's hard to believe it's been a full year since the 50th celebration began. At the time I thought having the party go from spring 2005 into autumn of 2006 would be too long, but now I think I'm going to miss it when it's over. All of the 50th logos, the touches of gold, the model of Disneyland 1955, the crowns on the castle. I wonder what will happen to it all when the end finally arrives. I'd love to hang out back by the dumpsters the night it's all taken down. ;)
In the mean time, enjoy it while it's there.

snowsbeau
05-05-2006, 07:24 AM
I have also enjoyed the celebration. I just wish that the park would have actually got more attention for tuning 50 than the other parks. I was there a year ago too for the 50th and believe me I prefer the park as it was yesterday, empty! All of the guests were treated like third class citizens last year. The media were the honored guests and they were rude. I did get within 5 feet of Dame Julie though. I spoke to her and she actually spoke back! That was the best part of the day. :D

Bassman531
05-05-2006, 07:38 AM
I think I'm going to celebrate the first anniversary of the 50th anniversary by visiting. Oh yeah! We leave tomorrow. SWEET.

Vegitabeta
05-05-2006, 07:42 AM
I think I'm going to celebrate the first anniversary of the 50th anniversary by visiting. Oh yeah! We leave tomorrow. SWEET.
No fair! Take me!:) I'm glad I got to the 50th though, and it will be very different without it. I won't be back in DL for a few years though, so maybe I'll be there for the 55th:D

Squeaky
05-05-2006, 07:52 AM
05-05-05 was pretty interesting.... We really were third class citizens. I remember asking a Cast Member what was up with all the media outlets down Main Street; He said not to worry, that 05-05-05 was for th media, but July 17 was for the fans and media would not be as prevalent. I must say I was not dissapointed on July 17th. It was a great day! Crowded, but great!

hg0079
05-05-2006, 09:01 AM
where is the model of '55 disneyland located?

Animalia
05-05-2006, 10:00 AM
where is the model of '55 disneyland located?

It's in the Opera House on Main Street. The temporary location for the 50th anniversary presentation. If you just want to see the model, you can go in, see the stuff on display including the model and then go enjoy the rest of the park. Or you can stick around and see the movie on the history of Disneyland featuring Steve Martin.

CrazyTrain
05-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Heh, what a crazy couple of days THOSE were!! :D

snappy
05-05-2006, 01:03 PM
The 50th Might be over but now we can look forward to Disneylands 51st Annivesary party!
* Hopefully less people
* Finding Nemo ride!
* New rides!

cstephens
05-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Even with as crazy as it was last May 5, we had a great time, even managing to have lunch at Blue Bayou when Disney management was stupid enough to close down two of the biggest restaurants in the park on a day that they knew would be super crowded, not to mention that on Cinco de Mayo last year, one of the closed restaurants was the one that served Mexican food. It was the first time we saw "Remember", and that was incredible. We also had the good fortune of having been there May 4, so we were able to see a lot of the new stuff the day before, when the park was seriously uncrowded.

Another Dimension
05-05-2006, 11:59 PM
One Year Ago Today (5/5/05)

Started my favorite year at Disneyland ever!! :D

Thank you, Disney.

Tinkermommy
05-06-2006, 12:08 AM
We were there 5/5/05 as well, and agree that it left us feeling like we'd been duped. But a friend and I took our kids after school today (5/5/06), and kept fondly remembering happy little bits of that day -- especially the new fireworks show, which we still think is incredible.

I usually avoid Fridays because I find they get incredibly crowded later in the day. However, tonight was a GREAT night to be there. We arrived around 3, and walked onto just about everything. People were nice, there was plenty of room to walk, didn't have to wait for food -- just like the good old days! (LOL) A very nice day to be at Disneyland!

Squeaky
05-07-2006, 09:30 AM
The 50th Might be over but now we can look forward to Disneylands 51st Annivesary party!
* Hopefully less people
* Finding Nemo ride!
* New rides!
We're going to be there for THAT celebration too! :D 10 days in the most magical place on Earth!!!! :D Only 67 more day!! I really do need a countdown here on Mouse Planet... lol