PDA

View Full Version : best Western Park Place Inn

daisy4me
03-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Looking for any info anyone may have in regards to The BW Park Place Inn. There will be 11 of us and we have booked 3 family suites. has anyone stayed there recently and how was the rooms? Whats good food places near there that will be a good meal and good price for all of us. We will be there for 6 days so any advice will be welcome. Should we bring our own pillows? Do they give you enough towels for showers and the pool? How large is the fridge? And how about thier breakfast?
Anything will help and be much appreciated!!!!
We are sooooo excited and we are hoping this hotel will be great!!
thanks in advance:)

DianeM
03-14-2006, 09:31 PM
When we stayed there, the fridges weren't huge. the beds were comfortable. If you're driving, take a pillow, just because pillows come in handy on long drives. If you're flying, I'd skip the pillow (unless it's a long flight). I don't usually have pillow problems, but we generally use pillows ffrom the 2nd bed. The breakfast is basic. Cereal, mild, oj, fruit. Nothing fancy, but clean and healthy. I don't remember any food places nearby at the moment, but I recommend that anybody visiting DL who has a car take a side trip to Knotts Berry Farm. Enter like you're going to the park, but tell the guards/guides you want Chicken Take-Out. There is a little shopping area with a take out place. Parking is free at this area (don't park in the big lot - they charge). You can get awesome fried chicken and fresh boysenberry pies (there is a bakery next door if you want something else). Enjoy your trip.

Looking for any info anyone may have in regards to The BW Park Place Inn. There will be 11 of us and we have booked 3 family suites. has anyone stayed there recently and how was the rooms? Whats good food places near there that will be a good meal and good price for all of us. We will be there for 6 days so any advice will be welcome. Should we bring our own pillows? Do they give you enough towels for showers and the pool? How large is the fridge? And how about thier breakfast?
Anything will help and be much appreciated!!!!
We are sooooo excited and we are hoping this hotel will be great!!
thanks in advance:)

amarvel
03-14-2006, 09:58 PM
i love this hotel, its right across the street from the entrance, and i mean right across the street. the pool is nice, nothing fancy, the fridge is a regular small sized fridge, some left overs, small food and drinks can fit. there is a microwave as well.

they give coupons to the place next door. its a basic hotel type breakfast, muffins, bagels, fruits, cereals, etc.

I cant remember about towels. but there were four of us in a room and i cant remember there being any problems with that :)

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-15-2006, 03:01 AM
:confused: Fridge size seems big to me! It's not one of those itty bitty cube fridges which'll hold little more than a 6-pk of soda. We're easily able to fit in: 4 1/2-gallons of milk, 6 sodas, 6 waters, sandwich meats, sliced cheeses, 64 oz. orange juice, 64 oz. apple juice, dozen eggs, etc. etc.

Pollux
03-15-2006, 09:35 AM
I stay at the PP Inn regularly when I visit the parks. It's economical and very close to the main gates. The hotel has no facilities for serving breakfast, so vouchers are given for the resturant next door (I believe it's called Captian Kidds). Breakfast portions are small with the voucher, but you can opt to purchase additional items (such as their breakfast buffet). I'm not to fond of the food myself. I usualy skip it and opt for the La Brea Bakery at Downtown Disney instead. IHOP and a Dennys are near the hotel as well.

My biggest complaint about the PP Inn is it's showers... I'm sure children love to be able to reach and adjust the shower head, but as a 6' tall adult I find them very low.

Malcon10t
03-15-2006, 10:03 AM
:confused: Fridge size seems big to me! It's not one of those itty bitty cube fridges which'll hold little more than a 6-pk of soda. We're easily able to fit in: 4 1/2-gallons of milk, 6 sodas, 6 waters, sandwich meats, sliced cheeses, 64 oz. orange juice, 64 oz. apple juice, dozen eggs, etc. etc.Wow, we were never able to fit that much in it! 3 gallons of liquid! And what do you do with a dozen eggs in a hotel room? (Curiousity is getting the better of me...)

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Wow, we were never able to fit that much in it! 3 gallons of liquid! And what do you do with a dozen eggs in a hotel room? (Curiousity is getting the better of me...)

My husband makes these microwave egg sandwich thingies. Ick! I thought next trip I might bring hard-boiled eggs. That's gotta taste better than microwaved.

Rickbaby
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Hello,

Our family was at the BW Park Place Feb 28th for 3 nights. The staff was very helpful and the check-in/check-out process went off without any issues. The mini-suite was large and very clean. Fridge is not huge, but bigger then your standard dorm style one. Microwave seemed new and clean. Pool was not very big, but suitable for this size hotel. You do get vouchers for breakfast nextdoor at Captain kidds with two choices; continental buffet upstairs or pancakes with strawberry or blueberry downstairs in the main restaurant part. We only did the continental, was very basic, but suited our needs just fine. They were however renovating the upstairs and seemed to be seting up some "hot food" style buffet tables, so maybe they will be changing the menu shortly. The location is perfect, directly accross the street from the Disney Walkway. I'm sure you will enjoy your time at the BW.

Take care

wingsong
03-15-2006, 11:22 AM
We stayed here December 17 - 23 2005 and loved it. It was clean, quiet, convenient.
Our favourite reasonably priced place for food nearby was Mimi's Cafe one long block down the road. The service there was good and when one of my sons began feeling unwell, after we'd ordered, they were more than willing to pack up our meals to go (with plastic cutlery and napkins) and then we just heated them up later at the motel.
We didn't like the continental breakfast at Captain Hooks, maybe we just hit it on a really bad day but the bagels seemed stale and the toast was cold. We only gave it one chance.

HydroGuy
03-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Stayed at BWPPI in 2005 on two separate trips with our family of six. We got a mini-suite. Room was fine. Fridge was not full size. Used the frideg and microwave a lot. The pool is small but fine. The service was fine. We try to minimize sitdown restaraunts because it takes so much time, and eat a lot on the run or in our room. We did eat at Millies one evening at it was prefectly fine - a 2-3 minute walk. Captain Kidds is next door and is also fine. We did not use the Cap K breakfats, again because of the time. We ate cereal, fruit and instant oatmeal in our room because we wanted to get to the parks early morning.

There are lots of dining options at Downtown Disney. If dining is important to your group you may want to make reservations at one of those.

Don't think you need to bring pillows and towels. We did because we were on our way to a beach condo. You can extra towels at the pool.

The BWPPI is so convenient for DLR visits. It is a bout a five minute walk to the DLR gates. It will be our #1 choice in the future.

Imagineer In Training
03-15-2006, 04:18 PM
we've never stayed there but a few friends of ours stayed there a few years ago (2002?) and there werent very thrilled with it...we prefer the hojo or the fairfield over all the others. just my 2 cents though

emilousmom
03-15-2006, 04:37 PM
we stayed there FEb for 3 days. Great hotel, great staff! They were so nice! The food for breakfast was okay, you can get pancakes downstairs, but they only give you 2. Kinda sad! Didn't try the upstairs with other stuff.

Showers- THey must have redone them since you have been there. My husband LOVED how tall they were. And they had that round shower curtain thing to make it more roomy.

Fridge is a small one with a freezer. Good size! Bed comfy.

Have FUn
Ang

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Showers- THey must have redone them since you have been there. My husband LOVED how tall they were. And they had that round shower curtain thing to make it more roomy.

I think only some of the showers have been redone, but I could be wrong. When dh/I did a solo trip two years ago, we happened to get a room with a higher showerhead. Actually, they didn't raise the pipe -- simply attached a curved/heightened sprayer to it. Since that trip, we've made two or three others and have always had the regular ol' short showerheads.

daisy4me
03-15-2006, 09:23 PM
:) WOW thanks to everyone who submitted these post. I am a little schocked about the breakfast vouchers. They said they serve contanintal(sp?) breakfast when we booked. They never mentioned you have to go next door:| Oh well that was just a bonus to get the day off to a great start. We figured we could take muffins or whatever they served back to the room and munch on them while we were getting ready. I sure hope that when you all say next door that it's not to far. I sure did not want to get all dressed and ready before we got to eat, but oh well we shall see how it goes. We will for sure check out Milli's Ive read so much on this board about this place so Im looking forward to having some good leftovers:fez:
Im also wondering the location to the closest grocery store. We are renting a van but we are hoping theres a store close. We dont want to waste time getting lost.
Thanks again to all you who responded and I cant wait this will be a BLAST!!

markarkaymat
03-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Im also wondering the location to the closest grocery store. We are renting a van but we are hoping theres a store close. We dont want to waste time getting lost.

Turn right out of the parking lot area (I didn't stay at BWPPI but I did stay at Carousel Inn which is only a few motels up Harbor). Stay on Harbor and after you go over the over pass and after a few blocks you'll see and orangefair mall on the right. We went to orangefair mall to go to the disney character warehouse (disney outlet) and just across the street we noticed a food 4 less (I think that's what it was). But anyways a grocery store. we stocked up there. can't get lost cause you stay on harbor for almost the whole way (except going from orange fair mall to the grocery store but it's really really close, just off harbor. To go back you just go straight down harbor. I am not sure if you'll have to make a u-turn at the intersection near the main gates to get back to BWPPI but we did to get to carousel. An easy 5-10 minute drive.

MammaSilva
03-16-2006, 09:01 AM
To second ekkhogge's suggestion, but to clarify, it's more than a 5 minute drive...it's a good 2 miles down Harbor and with the lights/traffic a newbie thinking wow they said it was only 5 minutes might think they've missed it or they're lost. You'll cross over I-5 AND you will cross over the 91 before you get to the infamous 'corner' we send everyone to. There is a LOT to offer at that spot. There is a Target, there is an In and Out (burgers for those not from cali) there is the character warehouse, just across the street on that side of the center is a Sonic and a Food 4 Less (I think that's the name of the grocery store). IN the center is a rather large Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for those who are selective in their hot beverages and prefer something other than the stuff at the park or staryucks. I just don't want someone who is unfamiliar to think wow I've gone 3 blocks and we don't see the places they said...think miles not blocks..and the part about not getting lost is 'dead on' if you don't turn off Harbor you can't get lost, and if you pass the In and Out on your right, turn into that center because you've gone 'one light' too far.

DianeM
03-16-2006, 09:35 AM
The breakfast location isn't very far. The restaurant is right next to the hotel's lobby. Even if your rooms are at the very back of the hotel, it's a 3 minute walk to the restaurant location.

:) They never mentioned you have to go next door:| Oh well that was just a bonus to get the day off to a great start. We figured we could take muffins or whatever they served back to the room and munch on them while we were getting ready. I sure hope that when you all say next door that it's not too far.

The old man
03-16-2006, 09:45 AM
This is my review of BBPPI in the Review Section:

This is actually a pretty crummy hotel. On the AAA rating system I would give it 2 stars. BUT--it was perfect for our purpose--a place for my wife and five year old daughter to stay at that was close to the entrance and RELATIVELY inexpensive.

Check in: slow, couldn't get the type of room we wanted, but finally OK. Tight, but free parking; never needed to mov the car in the two days we were there.

The room: slightly depressing, dark, small, in need of refurbishing. Things that needed fixing--lights, plumbing, etc. But, did have a fridge, microwave & coffee maker.

Pool: very small, but only used once.

Continential breakfast: across alley on second floor of a bad restaurant. Adequate, but free and gets you started without spending a lot of money in DL or DDD.

The distance: Great! The closest you can be to the DL's entrance. Much closer than DLH and PP and I believe even closer than GCH. We spend minimal time in the room, but wanted to take a midday rest break and this hotel is perfect for that. The year before we stayed at the DLH which was almost 60% more money with twice the walk.

Conclusion: This is our hotel.

markarkaymat
03-16-2006, 09:55 AM
if you pass the In and Out on your right, turn into that center because you've gone 'one light' too far.
I wish I had gone too far. :crying: When we were there in Sept for 7 days I only ate In n out once, and that was in San Diego. I will be sure to 'accidentally' go one light too far. Thanks for clarifying too (i wouldn't want to get anyone lost). we only did the drive twice in the same trip, seemed like only 5 minutes to me but then and hour will go by (while I am in Disneyland) and I will swear it couldn't have been more than 10 minutes :p

daisy4me
03-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm a little worried now about the parking. It sounds to me like it is a relativly small parking lot and we have rented a 15 passenger van so I hope to god we can manuver(sp?) around in the parking lot and not hit any other carsLOL
I better warn my friend who is driving so she can prepare herself now. She is already a little worried about driving sucha big van and the first thing she asked me when I reserved this hotel is "The better have a big parking lot":eek: Thanks to everyone for the post, I have printed some off and Im so happy to know there is a In and Out there by the grocery store. We dont have those up where I live:)

Mommy2NicknMax
03-16-2006, 03:55 PM
The parking is tight. I believe there is parking along side the building. That may be your best bet rather than trying to fit in one of the regular "pull in" spaces.

DianeM
03-16-2006, 04:07 PM
There are no big parking lots near DL. The space is too precious. But during the day the parking lots tend to empty out a bit, and you should be able to park just fine. Just be careful if you leave and plan to come back in the evening. You might ask at the front desk if any of the parking spots are larger. I don't recall ever having trouble parking at BWPPI, but I drive a mid-size car.

I'm a little worried now about the parking. It sounds to me like it is a relativly small parking lot and we have rented a 15 passenger van so I hope to god we can manuver(sp?) around in the parking lot and not hit any other carsLOL
I better warn my friend who is driving so she can prepare herself now. She is already a little worried about driving sucha big van and the first thing she asked me when I reserved this hotel is "The better have a big parking lot":eek: Thanks to everyone for the post, I have printed some off and Im so happy to know there is a In and Out there by the grocery store. We dont have those up where I live:)

MammaSilva
03-16-2006, 04:28 PM
I'd be concerned if I were in a 15 passenger van for most of the hotels on the Harbor strip, I drive a full size SUV and didn't have any problems the one time I stayed there but there definately wasn't any 'wiggle room' for a big vehicle from what I could see. I'd definately call them ahead of time to make sure their parking can accomodate that size of a vehicle.