PDA

View Full Version : The Haunted Mansion has reopened!

Darkbeer
03-09-2006, 01:14 PM
I am currently sitting at the Top Brass at the Disneyland Hotel, just got off the Haunted Mansion, no real noticeable changes, but it is open.

I am uploading photos, but let me tell you what I saw...

The metal posts at the Mickey & Friends Tram Station now have ads, two for DCA, and one is a generic 50th Anniversary ad.

The Large EVIL Chicken head is back, and now has sunglasses....

Lots of Haunted Mansion photos.

The Sub Lagoon looks a lot different from Sunday, and the new "building" now has walls. (just outside the old cavern).

I will post the photo link when I get done...

TikiGeek
03-09-2006, 01:24 PM
...just got off the Haunted Mansion, no real noticeable changes...So much for the rumors. :rolleyes: No "special" - special effects???

Darkbeer
03-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Nothing yet, the new effects were just "green lighted" and are to be added in the next few months (I was told they plan to be finished to match up with the Pirates opening in Late June).

TowerofTerror
03-09-2006, 01:28 PM
The change will be done over time. They did not get it approved until haunted mansion was almost open again. I think it will done the changes before summer starts. Well they will do the change after the parks closed for the night.

nursemelis374
03-09-2006, 01:33 PM
I am glad that they opened it now instead of keeping it closed to make the changes.

TikiGeek
03-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I am glad that they opened it now instead of keeping it closed to make the changes.Agreed - When HM and PotC are both closed, NOS is a lonely place.

mckygirl99
03-09-2006, 02:51 PM
The metal posts at the Mickey & Friends Tram Station now have ads, two for DCA, and one is a generic 50th Anniversary ad.

They must have done those signs over night b/c when I left last night they were blank. I saw them and figured some type of sign was to be added.

disneyhound
03-09-2006, 03:20 PM
...The Sub Lagoon looks a lot different from Sunday, and the new "building" now has walls...

Great photos as always. Looks like the Nemo is getting a "fall-out shelter".

Darkbeer
03-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Here is the link...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1262551

CrystalSkull
03-10-2006, 01:48 PM
The change will be done over time. They did not get it approved until haunted mansion was almost open again. I think it will done the changes before summer starts. Well they will do the change after the parks closed for the night.

Over on MouseHub.com (http://mousehub.com/forum) PrincessBuddha was able to get some information from one of her sources that stated the attic changes would be up and ready April 7th. Her source seems pretty accurate. She was able to post about the changes to Mansion on MouseHub before any other site mentioned it.

-Mark :cool:

Sub Maniak
03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
So much for the rumors. :rolleyes: No "special" - special effects???

The ride will reopen with no noticeable changes in the storyline but, by easter week the ride will have the full new storyline.

For more infor see Horrible Changes Thread.;)