PDA

View Full Version : What is the one item you cannot live without when you are at the parks?

Pages : [1] 2

awinner
04-09-2002, 11:14 PM
I cannot live without taking my camera to the park...even though I have been there a million times and have tons of pics, you never now what may happen or who you may see. I also cannot live with out walking through the candy store on main street, regardless if I buy something or not.

Uncle Dick
04-09-2002, 11:25 PM
My CM Reference Guide. It's about 1000 times more useful than the guest guidemaps, listing opening and closing times for every attraction, shop and restaurant and times for every performance, even those not listed in the guidemap.

To a lesser extent, I do like to bring my videocamera along to tape stuff.... Well, actually, there's only one thing I ever end up taping..... ;)

MammaSilva
04-09-2002, 11:30 PM
besides wearing comfy shoes and layers....the one thing I can't go to the park without is my camera, I'm assuming that sunscreen and other basic necessities aren't what we are discussing,

LegolandMC
04-09-2002, 11:34 PM
Chapstick. :D I couldn't go anywhere without chapstick, let alone Disneyland. Everything else is non-essential. :D

Not Afraid
04-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Lipstick. Provides the same important service as chapstik, but in color.

LegolandMC
04-09-2002, 11:44 PM
Ah, but chapstick has flavors. And I have 42 1/2 different flavors, to be exact. :D

Uncle Dick
04-09-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Lipstick. Provides the same important service as chapstik, but in color.
And it also provides a useful system for differentiating between identical beverage containers.

Sailor Butterfly
04-10-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by LegolandMC
Ah, but chapstick has flavors. And I have 42 1/2 different flavors, to be exact. :D

*runs up and hugs Larilyn*

awinner
04-10-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
To a lesser extent, I do like to bring my videocamera along to tape stuff.... Well, actually, there's only one thing I ever end up taping..... ;)

And what one thing is that?

malin
04-10-2002, 09:20 AM
The one item I most have when going to DL is my wallet.First I wouldn't be able to get in.And then I wouldn't be able to buy any food, drink, and merchadise.Which would mean no money in my pocket = no money in Paul Pressler pocket.

LuvDisney
04-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Uncle Dick, what is a CM reference guide:confused:

Uncle Dick
04-10-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by awinner
And what one thing is that?
*cough* (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/avatar.php?userid=173&dateline=1015301556)

Originally posted by LuvDisney
Uncle Dick, what is a CM reference guide

The Cast Member Reference Guide is a handy dandy little booklet that contains just about everything you'd want to know about the resort each week. Every onstage CM is supposed to have one to answer any guest question that may come up.

innerSpaceman
04-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Sunglasses. I cannot live without them at the Parks, unless I am not arriving till after dark. My patented "magic brand" sunglasses make the sky a sparkling blue, the trees a shimmering green, and the beauty of Disneyland a wonderful world of color.

I will never forget the heartbreak of losing my favorite pair of glasses on Splash Mtn. (No, I did not ignore the proverbial warning to hang on to hats and glasses; they must have flown out of my shirt pocket). Even though the friends I was with had to leave the Park in the afternoon, I got another friend to return with me that night so I could keep checking lost & found. I even turned down an opportunity to sneak into a fabulous guest-forbidden area for fear that I might be kicked out of the Park before I could check with L&F at closing time.

Alas, my glasses were never found. But I have since returned to the fabulous guest-forbidden area. Don't bother to ask - - too many CMs read these posts.

Lani
04-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Lipstick. Provides the same important service as chapstik, but in color. Bah. I use TerraTints tinted lip balm (http://www.avalonnaturalproducts.com/main/product-l2-AVL.asp?BrandID=24&categoryid=3) almost exclusively. All the benefits of SPF 15 lip balm, with great color. Plus since it's not an opaque lipstick, I don't need a mirror to put it on. I never go anywhere without my TerraTints.

SzczerbiakManiac
04-10-2002, 10:35 AM
In addition to the aforementioned sunglasses, Chapstick, and comfortable shoes, I would add sun screen (daytime visits only, of course). With my Scandinavian heritage and long family history of skin cancer, saying I can't "live" without my Bullfrog SPF 45 may be literally true.

LegolandMC
04-10-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Sailor Butterfly

*runs up and hugs Larilyn*

Ah, you found me!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:D ;) *hugs SB*

EandCDad
04-10-2002, 12:03 PM
uhhhh, I find it tough to live without a bathroom if I'm gonna be there more than 3 or 4 hours.

I can't really think of anything I've taken everytime I've gone, except my wife. Can't live without her, that's for sure.

mad4mky
04-10-2002, 01:08 PM
Fun.

I just can't even think about going to the park and not have "fun"...

If I cannot have "fun" with me (and my friends)...then why bother going? I always make sure I have "fun" when I go to Disneyland.:D :D :D ;)

BELLEH5
04-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Same as AWinner I need to have a camera all the time. Even though I have a zillion pix of everything, you never know what has changed or who you will see. And my purse to hold my camera and lots of $$$$$ to spend****

gn2dlnd
04-10-2002, 04:14 PM
Entertainment schedules for both parks in my back pocket and my Grand Californian travel mug.

Pirate
04-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Sunglasses
I'm w/ innerSpaceman (cool handle)-
My shades! Can't leave home w/o my Oakleys.

Techie7
04-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by gn2dlnd
my Grand Californian travel mug.

How does that work. Do you just bring in your own drink or do they have the Free Refill that I have seen in the shop? I agree with the maps. I also must always have my AP otherwise they laugh and point at me when I try to get in.

lisap
04-10-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
uhhhh, I find it tough to live without a bathroom if I'm gonna be there more than 3 or 4 hours.

I can't really think of anything I've taken everytime I've gone, except my wife. Can't live without her, that's for sure.

awwww...how romantic. (not the part about the bathrooms, the part about me)
Right back at ya honey.
:)

Sailor Butterfly
04-10-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by LegolandMC

Ah, you found me!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:D ;) *hugs SB*

Well, the 42 1/2 chapsticks thing was kind of a giveaway!

gn2dlnd
04-10-2002, 04:50 PM
Do you just bring in your own drink or do they have the Free Refill that I have seen in the shop? Weelll, officially, I'm able to refill my mug at the Whitewater (best burgers at Dlnd), but no one's ever had a problem about my refilling it at the Plaza Inn. I'm just not obnoxius about it and I stick to the self-serve places.