PDA

View Full Version : Superstar limo closed until at least Sept 13th

Darkbeer
04-07-2002, 10:23 PM
You can check this out, it is posted at the Disney website...

So why is this ride, which has been closed for over six months already, being kept closed????

Is this the next Rocket Rods closing, keep pushing back the closure date until one day (or should I say middle of the night), you just take the sign down from the building????

Or is something really being fixed, and why is it taking so long, and why are they doing it during the peak summer season????

papajorgio
04-07-2002, 10:27 PM
well, they were testing a new vehicle w/ a skirt...

they will be removing the curb, so there will not be a pinch zone where anyone can crush a limb.

rumor has it that they will also be testing the new pooh vehicles on the limo track.

nick.

Brown Monkey
04-07-2002, 11:45 PM
I don't understand why all the stuff that they are fixing NOW wasn't thought of back THEN before the ride even opened. It seems kinda fishy to me.

Morrigoon
04-07-2002, 11:47 PM
Two words: Paul Pressler

Two more words: Budget Cuts

Two final words: Snip Snip

Sailor Butterfly
04-08-2002, 05:41 AM
Here's two more words: Who cares?

Uncle Dick
04-08-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Sailor Butterfly
Here's two more words: Who cares?
Those who liked SSL.
CMs who've had their hours cut due to the closure of this ride.
Guests who see the giant facade and never get to see what's inside.
DCA bashers.
People who don't necessarily like SSL but need something "interesting" to do while waiting for Millionaire/BLAST.

In other words, plenty of people.

MonorailMan
04-08-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Those who liked SSL.
DCA bashers.
People who don't necessarily like SSL but need something "interesting" to do while waiting for Millionaire/BLAST.

In other words, plenty of people.

Or those you never rode it. (Like Me) :)

9oldmen
04-08-2002, 12:51 PM
Or those of us who really like dark rides, which used to be a Disney park trademark. SSL was'nt much, but it was the only one they had,

malin
04-08-2002, 01:00 PM
Thats a shame I hope its back up for September 13 as I was really looking forward to riding this attraction in November.I wanted to see how bad this ride was for myself.

Brown Monkey
04-08-2002, 01:15 PM
Speaking of Sept. 13th, do any of you know if maybe the reopening of SSL will tie into the opening of Flik's Fun Faire on this date? Just a thought...

zapppop
04-08-2002, 02:47 PM
...if SuperStar Limo were re-opening it would make sense, but since it's not, don't count on it.

DisneylandKid
04-08-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Those who liked SSL.

In other words, plenty of people. THANK YOU!

melinda1955
04-08-2002, 06:27 PM
I am sorry, but I thought that ride was a riot. Everyone is always putting it down along with DCA but it was at least something different. I hope they reopen it.

CaliforniaCrazy
04-08-2002, 10:58 PM
I agree with ya, melinda1955. I love Limo for its campiness and its witty portrayal of Hollywood stars. I always check to see if it's open whenever I go to DCA, and I am always dissapointed.

DisneylandKid
04-09-2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by melinda1955
I am sorry, but I thought that ride was a riot. Everyone is always putting it down along with DCA but it was at least something different. I hope they reopen it. As I have previously expressed, I agree with you as well.

gn2dlnd
04-10-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by CaliforniaCrazy
I love Limo for its campiness and its witty portrayal of Hollywood stars.
Don'cha mean ABC stars?;)

Nigel2
04-10-2002, 09:25 PM
Well Cher, Jackie Chan, Tim Allen, Antio Banders and his wife (can't remember her name), and Crawford all do not (currently or ever) have ABC shows... now movies.:D

Uncle Dick
04-10-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Well Cher, Jackie Chan, Tim Allen, Antio Banders and his wife (can't remember her name), and Crawford all do not (currently or ever) have ABC shows... now movies.:D
Tim Allen --> Home Improvement --> ABC

Nigel2
04-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Is home improvment still on? Nope.:D

Uncle Dick
04-10-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Is home improvment still on? Nope.:D
"Currently or ever" being the operative phrase.

Nigel2
04-10-2002, 10:42 PM
Well I was aiming for currently/ever but whatever.:D I am a little surprised that Tim Allen is still with disney since he has some rather "un family" activies in his file that end up on hard copy and ET a lot.:D