PDA

View Full Version : Looks like there is a Good chance for rain both this weekend (2/19), and next (2/26)!

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
02-17-2006, 12:10 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/tenday/92780?from=36hr_topnav_vacation

Look at some of the percentages...

Sat (2/18) = 40%

Sun (2/19) = 80%

Then Monday thru Thursday, either 10 or 20 %

And then Sunday the 26th, 60%...

Time to pick up that plastic poncho at the 99 cent store before you go visit the DLR.....

TikiGeek
02-17-2006, 12:14 PM
DB, You're starting to sound like Chicken Little. :D

wishIwasthe_Mouse
02-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Rain or shine I will be there with some of my family this weekend (sunday) Cant wait.

CariBelle
02-17-2006, 12:18 PM
It's raining here in Bakersfield right now! It looks like the clouds are headed south.

TikiGeek
02-17-2006, 12:28 PM
It's raining here in Bakersfield right now! It looks like the clouds are headed south.Yep. Weather.com shows that it might be rainy at DL tonight - Sweet!!! I've found that the rain activates the magic - no kidding! I've had some of the best times at DL in the rain. :)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
02-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Yep. Weather.com shows that it might be rainy at DL tonight - Sweet!!! I've found that the rain activates the magic - no kidding! I've had some of the best times at DL in the rain. :)
I will have to agree some of my best trips have been when it is pouring down rain. we (wife, sson, and self) were up at DL for newyears and the rain was great I loved it.

CariBelle
02-17-2006, 12:45 PM
I was at Universal on New Years Day in the horrible rain!

CrazyTrain
02-17-2006, 01:36 PM
It's raining here in Bakersfield right now! It looks like the clouds are headed south.

It's defintely getting darker down here! :( I hope it doesn't start for awhile - rush hour + holiday traffic + rain will = disaster! :(

CariBelle
02-17-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't envy that combination LB!

Opus1guy
02-17-2006, 01:55 PM
My honey says it's already started raining up in Magic Mountain country.

CariBelle
02-17-2006, 01:57 PM
New report on the radio: It's snowing over the Grapevine- especially between Frazier Park and the 138.

ktrm
02-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Since were on the subject, what does everyone do at Disneyland in the rain? I will be going there in March with a 4 year old and a 6 year old. Any tips and suggestions for keeping the kids happy in wet weather? I figure ponchos, clear umbrellas, and rainboots are a start. Do people hit the shops on main street?

CrazyTrain
02-17-2006, 03:46 PM
It's already started :( i'm sneaking out of here early. Wish me luck! :D

i do hope it rains next Sunday, that's when i'll be there next... I've never done DL in te rain, other than at MA last time :D and that was just some spit!!

nvmom
02-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Ok, how about you all enjoy the rain this weekend and next... but come Mar. 3-4, I want it dry and sunny. :)

nvmom

Oh- I have the same above ?. What does one do in the rain... how much does it change things?

cfrith
02-17-2006, 04:36 PM
activates the magic :)

How cute!

tod
02-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Friday, February 17, 2006, 5:34 pm PST (GMT 0134 Feb 18)

It's raining in Burbank.

--t

Darkbeer
02-17-2006, 05:22 PM
If it starts to rain...

Alice in Wonderland ride is the first to close, and the Tea Cups are the second.

A good amount of rain will close down Tom Sawyer Island and the Big Thunder Ranch Petting Zoo.

Also, the parades can get cancelled in there is enough rain to make the route slippery. Disney has a small "Rainy Day Cavalcade" they will substitute the parade with.

Heavy Rain could cause the cancellation of Fantasmic! and/or the Fireworks.

Best thing to do, just stop by a discount store and pick up a plastic poncho before you go (if you don't have one already), much cheaper than buying it at the park. If it really starts to downpour, pick an attraction that will keep you dry, such as the 50th exhibit in the Opera House on Main Street, Star Tours, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and Innoventions in Tomorrowland have the entire ride/attraction and queue under cover.

I do NOT recommend an umbrella as it is a pain to deal with, especially on the rides.

CariBelle
02-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Lots of rain coming through Baks in the last few hours!

mckygirl99
02-17-2006, 05:50 PM
I usually don't mind going in the rain but it is just a little too cold out there to even get a little bit wet! We were planning on going tonight but rain in the 40's is too cold for me! (I know I may be a baby but I have lived in So. Cal. my whole life and 69 is cold for me :) )

Koala Gurl
02-17-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm with you, mckygirl...I don't mind the rain at all, but this is a bit chilly for me. :)

RE: the kids & rain...If it were me as a 4 or 6 yo...I would have thought my parents were the coolest to take me to DL in the rain.

I haven't done this from experience, but I would probably pack a change of clothes, in case you get too wet (and cold.) Otherwise, poncho it up & go! :D

Darkbeer
02-17-2006, 09:43 PM
A Flash Flood Warning was just issued for Orange County.

We have had some rain here in Tustin, a couple of bursts, nothing hard, but the sidewalks have good sized puddles....

mi_mous
02-17-2006, 10:14 PM
NOOOO!! We just decided to go on the 26th! But, we've been in the rain before, so no biggie. 99 cent store, here we come!

(Actually, we need the rain, so I guess I shouldn't complain!)

MermaidHair
02-18-2006, 06:06 AM
If it starts to rain...

Alice in Wonderland ride is the first to close, and the Tea Cups are the second.

A good amount of rain will close down Tom Sawyer Island and the Big Thunder Ranch Petting Zoo.

So this makes me wonder how long before they reopen those rides. Say there is a pretty good downpour in the morning but by noon it has stopped raining. It may be cloudy for the rest of the day but no actual rain. Will Alice, Tea Cups, etc. stay closed or reopen after a dry-out period?

Hakuna Makarla
02-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Well, seems like it will maybe be a bit lss crowded today, any one know if its raining? I picked up 4 rain poncho's for my trip on April 1st. looking forward to having rain maybe at least 1 day :)

Darkbeer
02-18-2006, 07:57 AM
So this makes me wonder how long before they reopen those rides. Say there is a pretty good downpour in the morning but by noon it has stopped raining. It may be cloudy for the rest of the day but no actual rain. Will Alice, Tea Cups, etc. stay closed or reopen after a dry-out period?

They will reopen the rides if they determine that the track/spinning platform is dry.

Tom Sawyer Island and the Big Thunder Ranch will more than likely stay closed, as they will send the CM's home or reassign them, and it takes Mud a lot longer to dry.

Also, sometimes Entertainment gets cancelled due to heavy rain in the afternoon, when a decision is made, and the CM's are called to not come in. Then the rain stops, so even though the weather is a lot better, they don't have the staff to perform the parade/Fantasmic! in the evening.