PDA

View Full Version : 50th show in Lincoln?

findin mickeys
02-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Has anyone seen the show that is currently running instead of the Lincoln show? What is it like? I have not heard anything about it and am wondering what it is about.

KimmyPooh
02-07-2006, 07:01 PM
The show is hosted by Steve Martin. It's the history of Disneyland, Walt's Dream, etc. I found it very entertaining and my mom said that it reminded her of how she remembers DL as a young girl. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Wendi
02-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I like it a lot... and I love looking at all of the Disney history memorabilia in the lobby (I never seem to have enough time to really look at it... maybe next time I shouldn't go into the theater when it's time for the show to start, huh??? hehehe) Anyway, it's cute, funny, interesting... what's not to like? Definitely see it! I've seen it 4 times and I'd like to see it again.

Sosai X
02-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Regarding the memorabilia, in the exhibit featuring cast member nametags, there is a nametag from Disneyland Paris. This particular tag was never worn at the original Disneyland. This is, of course, and unforgivable blasphemy. Must be the work of Eisner. :mad:

If you want to look, it's the nametag with the name "antoinette" on it.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-07-2006, 09:00 PM
The show was cute and the memoribilia was really fun to see. In fact, I think I liked the later better. :)

TowerofTerror
02-07-2006, 09:02 PM
The show is very good I`ve seen it several times.

mi_mous
02-07-2006, 09:04 PM
I loved the show! It is well done, and it was fun to see with my mom who remembers all the older things they were talking about. Having her say, "I remember that!" "Oh yeah, you used to have to have a ticket to ride that, and back then, that was a lot of money!"
It was great to be able to hear that from her! I have never really heard her talk about her trips to Disneyland before!
I loved looking at the memorabilia too!

Gone2Disneyland
02-07-2006, 09:11 PM
It's definitely worth checking out. The lobby has all of the old photographs, film montages, and memorabilia and the scale model of Disneyland circa 1955 (the model is where the White House model used to be). The theatre screens the Steve Martin movie; after seeing the movie several times now, I have a greater appreciation for Donald Duck who co-stars in the short film. He's a quack up. :p

It's a great place to go when you want a break from the heat or walking all day. Just be careful going there when you're tired. One mid-afternoon while I went in to enjoy the show, I almost fell asleep because the seats were so comfy and the theatre was just the right darkness for snoozin'. :D

stan4d_steph
02-08-2006, 06:42 AM
There are some images if you scroll down the page of this MousePlanet article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050504asc.htm).

findin mickeys
02-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Thank you all for your input. I am looking forward to seeing this show.

cfrith
02-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I just have to say that I am sooooo excited to go to DL I could scream!!! :)