PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals I'm missing?

mugsrb
01-21-2006, 07:02 PM
I have been hunting for a good deal and man their doesn't seem to be anything. 2 adults from Seattle for a 3 day trip doesn't matter what days of week I can't find under 1200.00 I tried for Feb 14th Begin March middle april

Anybody know were to find the deals at Thanks

hlbtimes2
01-21-2006, 07:45 PM
I've been watching too. There just isnt anything. Flights were cheap back in Nov- about $200 each, round trip. But, they havent been that low again since. I made a reservation at that time for a girls weekend away in May, but now we want another family trip too.

I had a pretty good price on Expedia a couple days ago, but its gone now. It was $1152 for 3 people round trip from Seattle, 4 nights at Hojo's. Parkhoppers were going to be $300 for 2 adults, 2 free kids from getawaytoday.com. We wanted to use dh's airmiles for his ticket, but the dates werent available, and it was just going to be to much for us to buy him a ticket too.

hlbtimes2
01-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Travelocity actually shows some decent flights for April. You have to leave on a Tues or Wed and return on a Saturday. Its about $250 RT with taxes. The 1,3 and 4th weeks are all available, the 2nd (april 15) in sold out.

GrumpyUTboi
01-21-2006, 07:54 PM
call a travel agent, sometimes they have special fares from the airlines.

nvmom
01-21-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm also looking for a good deal. Last Mar we got some great airfaire prices and hotel thru Expedia (we fly out of Reno.) Nothing so great this year. I'm having better luck pricing things out seperatly than any packages I've found so far.

Yesterday I priced out 5 round trip tickets (Aloha Airlines) - 2 adult & 3 child park hoppers (getawaytoday) and 3-4 nights in a hotel (either the Candy Cane or Park Inn) for $1800. Then we'd add in our spending money per day.

I guess between fuel costs and the 50th, great deals are fewer and further between right now.

nvmom

I Heart Disneyland!
01-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Sign up for Southwest Airlines deals...they will email them to you, and there's also something called DING, where you get daily updates of good fares. I saw a Seattle to L.A. recently for around $200. Good luck!

gimp_boy76
01-22-2006, 07:34 AM
I'm also looking for a good deal. Last Mar we got some great airfaire prices and hotel thru Expedia (we fly out of Reno.) Nothing so great this year. I'm having better luck pricing things out seperatly than any packages I've found so far.

Yesterday I priced out 5 round trip tickets (Aloha Airlines) - 2 adult & 3 child park hoppers (getawaytoday) and 3-4 nights in a hotel (either the Candy Cane or Park Inn) for $1800. Then we'd add in our spending money per day.

I guess between fuel costs and the 50th, great deals are fewer and further between right now.

nvmom

Hey we fly out of Reno too, have you looked at Alaska Airlines? They're running a kids fly free promo if you fly before mid-June, you have to fly into LAX, and Disneyland is offering a kids play free if you complete your trip before April 27 and don't go over CA spring break (mid-April). Unfortunately our trip is in mid-May so we missed that but maybe it's something you can take advantage of.

BTW you Seattleites with kids this deal is good for you too on Alaska, oh and good luck to you today, I'd love to see a Bronco-Seahawk Superbowl!!! I'm from Denver so it would be nice to see the old rivalry go at it! :~D

mugsrb
01-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks

and it would be great to see a Denver Seattle Super Bowl

Go Hawks

hlbtimes2
01-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey we fly out of Reno too, have you looked at Alaska Airlines? They're running a kids fly free promo if you fly before mid-June, you have to fly into LAX, and Disneyland is offering a kids play free if you complete your trip before April 27 and don't go over CA spring break (mid-April). Unfortunately our trip is in mid-May so we missed that but maybe it's something you can take advantage of.

BTW you Seattleites with kids this deal is good for you too on Alaska, oh and good luck to you today, I'd love to see a Bronco-Seahawk Superbowl!!! I'm from Denver so it would be nice to see the old rivalry go at it! :~D

The kids fly free deal has such limited dates / availability that is is usually cheaper to just buy tickets for everyone.

nvmom
01-22-2006, 01:24 PM
I've never looked at Alaska... thanks. The Aloha flight from Reno to SNA is just so nice. Leave Reno at 6:50 into SNA at 8:25 a.m. - nonstop. :)

nvmom

gimp_boy76
01-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Here are the restriction for the Alaska Airlines deal

KIDS FLY FREE: Kids Fly Free (KFF) offer valid for one child ages 2-11 per adult 18 years or older. KFF is not valid with any other promotional airfare offer. Purchase by March 19, 2006. Complete travel between January 3, 2006, and June 28, 2006. Day/Time Availability: Off-peak fares available Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. Fares higher on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Blackout Dates: Southbound: 2/16-20, 3/23-26, 3/31-4/2, 4/7-10, 5/26; Northbound: 2/20, 2/25-26, 3/31-4/3, 4/8-9, 4/14-17, 5/29. Other Info: Prices and rules subject to change without notice, and other restrictions may apply. All terms and conditions of Alaska Airlines Vacations packages apply.

Surfingstitch
01-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Try checking for other airports too.

I always check for fares from seattle to LAX, SNA, LGB and ONT.

Good luck.

Everett Buzz
01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
I just booked airfare from SEA to LGB (long beach) on alaskaair.com internet rate for $197 R/T for the first week in march. and a car from enterprise for $97 for the week and they have a counter at long beach. For 3 Adults it is cheaper then taking the shuttle.

Sorry about Denver it would have been cool.
GO HAWKS!! "Our first SUPERBOWL!!!!!!"

mugsrb
01-23-2006, 11:35 AM
thanks again cause I didn't even think about LAX or Long Beach all the years have just flown into John Wayne got a cab or shuttle and that was that. The hunt begins again

OH and sorry Denver that would have been great
Hope today I get told I can by SB tickets cause I'm a Hawk season ticket holder and sell'em. Then I'll have a great trip to DL!

cfrith
01-23-2006, 11:44 AM
The best way to find good fares I have found is to go to Travelocity and click on Flexible dates. You will have search for a few minutes through different fares and airlines but it's worth it.

gimp_boy76
01-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Sorry about Denver it would have been cool.
GO HAWKS!! "Our first SUPERBOWL!!!!!!"

OH and sorry Denver that would have been great
Hope today I get told I can by SB tickets cause I'm a Hawk season ticket holder and sell'em. Then I'll have a great trip to DL!

That's ok, maybe next year! Honestly, I'm surprised they made it this far, but maybe now that they know they are a good team we'll see the momentum next year, I think they sort of surprised themselves and didn't know what to do when it happened. Plus Pittsburgh's defense is great, good luck to you in a couple of weeks!