PDA

View Full Version : River Belle barbeque chicken

cstephens
01-21-2006, 02:49 PM
OK, I tried to look for another thread where this would fit in, but I couldn't find one, so if a mod thinks this needs to be merged somewhere else, please feel free to do so.

We had lunch at River Belle a couple weeks ago, and I decided to try their barbeque chicken dish. I could never bring myself to try the barbeque at Rancho, so I haven't had barbeque in the park since Big Thunder Ranch BBQ closed. The barbeque chicken at River Belle was actually quite good. The flavor of the sauce was good, and the chicken was very tender. I didn't care for the baked beans that much, but then, I'm generally not all that fond of baked beans because I find them to be too sweet. I'm not a huge fan of cornbread either, but I thought the cornbread was ok here. My husband loves cornbread but he wasn't too keen on it here. All in all, I liked it a lot, and it's definitely something I'd have again.

Here's a picture (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/riverbelle.jpg) (because you know I have to have a picture taken of my food before I eat it...

jazzysmom
01-21-2006, 03:11 PM
I love that you take pictures of you food! I do that too LOL.
Yum, that looks pretty good!

Hawkeye Jenny
01-21-2006, 04:29 PM
I'll pass the compliment on to the chefs since I work there. :)

mi_mous
01-21-2006, 04:31 PM
I will have to try that next time we are there, since I love most of what you described! Sounds yummy!

Gone2Disneyland
01-21-2006, 05:56 PM
I will have to try that next time we are there, since I love most of what you described! Sounds yummy!
Ditto. I've noticed the barbeque items (they have ribs there as well, right?) on their new menu for the past couple of months, but haven't had an inkling to go. Actually, my friends and I tried one evening, but the long lines didn't fit in with our plans to also find seating for F! Thanks for the reminder (and the review) to sample it someday soon.

asharpcook
01-22-2006, 01:08 AM
I really liked the bbq chicken as well! It was a huge piece of chicken, and was nice and hot and moist. DH and I shared the chicken & rib combo plate and there was plenty of food for the two of us. The ribs are also great! Really meaty and tender! I thought it was well worth the cost, especially as we shared!
Anita;)

mareed
01-22-2006, 05:16 PM
I really liked the bbq chicken as well! It was a huge piece of chicken, and was nice and hot and moist. DH and I shared the chicken & rib combo plate and there was plenty of food for the two of us. The ribs are also great! Really meaty and tender! I thought it was well worth the cost, especially as we shared!
Anita;)

My DH & I also shared the chicken & rib combo New Years week, but they must have been using anexoric chickens because the chicken was tiny! And, I practically had to beg for the chicken breast that they assured me came with the meal. I was very disappointed with it, but we were disappointed with most places we ate on that trip at DL. :( We'll definitely have to try some new places in March when we go back.

splashmtngurl
01-22-2006, 08:14 PM
perhaps a bit off topic but that looks alot like the chicken they gave us at the midevil times dinner, except barbaqued and omgosh that was the best chicken i have ever had...the food at midevil times was great. i've never eaten at the river belle terrace, what other sorts of food do they have there? it always seems so crowded to me....

PeoplemoverMisser
01-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Is River Belle open for Lunch and Dinner, or just Lunch? Do they have kids' portions?

stan4d_steph
01-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Is River Belle open for Lunch and Dinner, or just Lunch? Do they have kids' portions?It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and yes they have kids' meals.

Gone2Disneyland
01-23-2006, 07:27 AM
The River Belle Terrace is my favorite place for breakfast. For breakfast, I always get Mickey Mouse pancakes and dine on it sitting on the patio with an early morning view of the Rivers of America. :)

Coincidentally, I went with friends yesterday morning to try out the Mickey Mouse waffles offered at Carnation Café. They were good, and the croissantwich was delicious. But the kid in me still favors gettin' MM pancakes. :p

I've never had dinner at RBT because of the crowds, but you know what they say about crowds at a restaurant: the food must be good. And that BBQ picture is a really big incentive for me to make it a point to go once finally this year.