PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise Question -- trying to find a book.

splashmtngurl
01-21-2006, 11:22 AM
There is a book that im looking for that i saw available at disneyland that i wanted to look for on amazon for but i cant remember the name. THe book was fairly large with that picture of walt disney walking through the gate way of sleeping beauty castle in black and white on the cover and its covered by a sort of clear, frosty velum cover. It seems like the book was somewhere between 60-80$. I wanted to buy the book but all the copies i found were pretty ripped up, i ended up getting a different one with a black cover but can anyone tell me what the title of this book was?

geoffa
01-21-2006, 12:42 PM
There is a book that im looking for that i saw available at disneyland that i wanted to look for on amazon for but i cant remember the name. THe book was fairly large with that picture of walt disney walking through the gate way of sleeping beauty castle in black and white on the cover and its covered by a sort of clear, frosty velum cover. It seems like the book was somewhere between 60-80$. I wanted to buy the book but all the copies i found were pretty ripped up, i ended up getting a different one with a black cover but can anyone tell me what the title of this book was?

Try calling DelivEARS on 800-362-4533. You will also find that many of the special and exclusive merchandise that is offered at Disneyland can be purchased through this number. Give them a description and I'm sure they'll be able to help:)

splashmtngurl
01-21-2006, 02:14 PM
thank you very much!!!!

geoffa
01-25-2006, 02:26 AM
thank you very much!!!!

Just wondered if you'd found your book. What was the title?;)

splashmtngurl
01-25-2006, 06:58 PM
havent found it yet although i've yet to call the number, i've been pretty busy but im hoping to find it soon. we have a bunch of books coming from Amazon about walt and disneyland and stuff...i kinda collect disney comics and esspeccially the books so im excited, when we get that shipment ill start looking for it again. but thanks for asking..ill keep you posted:fez:

Malcon10t
01-25-2006, 07:36 PM
havent found it yet although i've yet to call the number, i've been pretty busy but im hoping to find it soon. we have a bunch of books coming from Amazon about walt and disneyland and stuff...i kinda collect disney comics and esspeccially the books so im excited, when we get that shipment ill start looking for it again. but thanks for asking..ill keep you posted:fez:
The book is "Inside the dream: The personal story of Walt Disney". The front of it shows Walt looking at a globe, the back side has him walking thru the castle. EXCELLENT book.

SandraVB79
01-26-2006, 03:20 AM
There is a website around (mydisneycollection.com or something like that), and it has:
1. a huge collection of Disneyand postcards on it (from beginning til now), and
2. a list of about all Disney-books, with picture of the front of the book.

I have also found a website once with all Disney-books (except for the fairytales books and comics), and it had a review, and also when it was published, by whom it was published, ... I used this to make up a list of all the books I wanted, and in what order I wanted them. :)

geoffa
01-26-2006, 03:38 AM
The book is "Inside the dream: The personal story of Walt Disney". The front of it shows Walt looking at a globe, the back side has him walking thru the castle. EXCELLENT book.

It's available on Amazon.com with a saving of $22!

See:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786853506/104-8615116-7756739?v=glance&n=283155

DaddyB
01-26-2006, 08:17 AM
There is a book that im looking for that i saw available at disneyland that i wanted to look for on amazon for but i cant remember the name. THe book was fairly large with that picture of walt disney walking through the gate way of sleeping beauty castle in black and white on the cover and its covered by a sort of clear, frosty velum cover. It seems like the book was somewhere between 60-80$. I wanted to buy the book but all the copies i found were pretty ripped up, i ended up getting a different one with a black cover but can anyone tell me what the title of this book was?That you know what 'velum' is impresses me.

Tinkermommy
01-26-2006, 10:00 AM
THe book was fairly large with that picture of walt disney walking through the gate way of sleeping beauty castle in black and white on the cover and its covered by a sort of clear, frosty velum cover. It seems like the book was somewhere between 60-80$.

D'oh...I thought it might be "Inside the Dream," but the cover wasn't what you described - until I turned it over and realized the castle picture is on the back cover.

I REALLY lucked out last year. I'd seen it at Disneyland and really wanted it, but it was just too much money at the time. Just before Christmas, a friend found it online at either Amazon or Barnes&Noble for $6.95. Neither of us could believe it, but we both ordered, and we both got them for that price. Talk about a lucky break!

geoffa
01-27-2006, 01:39 PM
D'oh...I thought it might be "Inside the Dream," but the cover wasn't what you described - until I turned it over and realized the castle picture is on the back cover.

I REALLY lucked out last year. I'd seen it at Disneyland and really wanted it, but it was just too much money at the time. Just before Christmas, a friend found it online at either Amazon or Barnes&Noble for $6.95. Neither of us could believe it, but we both ordered, and we both got them for that price. Talk about a lucky break!

One tenth of the price! WOW! Now that IS magic!:)

Tinkermommy
01-27-2006, 02:17 PM
One tenth of the price! WOW! Now that IS magic!:)

We both assumed it was an error and that they'd say, "No way!" But we got them! Woo hoo! Christmas miracle, maybe?

Gone2Disneyland
01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
I just took a look at the book cover at the amazon link above. I don't own this book, but I do own what must be a companion DVD because it has similar cover art. It's a premium-priced (my way of saying "pricey" ;) ) $29.99 DVD I bought at the 20th Century Music Store on Main Street at Disneyland. I found it to be an incredibly intimate look at Walt Disney's life thru interviews and old family movies. It's produced with Diane Disney Miller's involvement. I haven't seen it in a while because it made me cry at the end (after two hours of seeing and hearing about the magic of Walt Disney's life, his friends and family then share their feelings about on his death). I think it's still sold at the park; I definitely recommend it.

outlaw8
01-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I just took a look at the book cover at the amazon link above. I don't own this book, but I do own what must be a companion DVD because it has similar cover art. It's a premium-priced (my way of saying "pricey" ;) ) $29.99 DVD I bought at the 20th Century Music Store on Main Street at Disneyland. I found it to be an incredibly intimate look at Walt Disney's life thru interviews and old family movies. It's produced with Diane Disney Miller's involvement. I haven't seen it in a while because it made me cry at the end (after two hours of seeing and hearing about the magic of Walt Disney's life, his friends and family then share their feelings about on his death). I think it's still sold at the park; I definitely recommend it.
The DVD you are refering to is "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth". It is a GREAT DVD to purchase and is very moving..

I Heart Disneyland!
01-27-2006, 10:26 PM
It's available on Amazon.com with a saving of $22!

See:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786853506/104-8615116-7756739?v=glance&n=283155

I love Amazon.com!!! Thanks for the link!

The Genii
01-28-2006, 11:06 AM
The book and DVD comprise only two parts of the trilogy: the third is a CD-Rom, now out of print. All three items were designed to provide an interlocking experience.

Gone2Disneyland
01-28-2006, 12:43 PM
The book and DVD comprise only two parts of the trilogy: the third is a CD-Rom, now out of print. All three items were designed to provide an interlocking experience.
Really! That's interesting. I feel an eBay search coming on. :p Thanks for the info.