PDA

View Full Version : Which attraction should NEVER leave Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

pHluid13
05-16-2001, 04:56 PM
Oncew again, you may post only one answer to the question. Its not fair to post more than one. Give other people a chance.. If you think POTC and HM should stay, then you need to pick only one. Hard decision isn't it?

Oh, and the Castle is a given, so no one can pick that one!

Which attraction at Disneyland should NEVER leave Disneyland?

I say that as annoying of a ride it is, Small World should never leave disneyland. This is a classic, built with the idea of world peace and unity. This was an idea by Walt Disney himself. A classic ride that should never be removed. This is an attraction with a positive message in mind. It brings everyone all over the world together.

ODV CM
05-16-2001, 06:00 PM
Well, I would say the Jungle Cruise. It is one of my favorites still. Its an origional ride, and its still a blast because its not about quality animatronics, those are outdated, its not a thrill ride, its the CM itself that makes the ride good. As long as Disney still has good CM's, this ride will be fun.

Ralph Wiggum
05-16-2001, 07:44 PM
Matterhorn!!

Largent81
05-16-2001, 09:16 PM
Pirates of the Carribean!!!

Napsto
05-16-2001, 09:20 PM
Rocket Rods,, oops i mean, Haunted Mansion!!!

merlinjones
05-16-2001, 10:32 PM
Skyway... oops!

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse?... well.

Uh... Submarine Voyage... ?:confused:

AK Wolf
05-16-2001, 11:16 PM
Well, if Sleeping Beauty Castle is a given, then... I'd have to say, oddly enough, King Arthur's Carousel. It's roots go back to the very beginnings of Disneyland, before there even WAS a Disneyland... back to the days of a man watching his daughters ride a carousel, and wishing he could start his OWN park... of watching children at Griffith Park carefully choosing their mounts... declaring that "all children deserve to ride on the leaping, majestic stallions," and making sure that his own carousel contained nothing but... I'm not really a big fan of King Arthur's Carousel - I probably haven't been on it in years, in fact - but in a way, it's sort of a spiritual center of the Park. I think that if park management was to remove King Arthur's Carousel, in a way, they'd be tossing aside the heart of Disneyland's history.

My two cents...

dgthx
05-17-2001, 10:46 AM
Innoventions! Just Kidding!

Without a doubt, Pirates.

Matterhorn Fan
05-17-2001, 11:00 AM
I'm with Ralph. I "choo choo choose" the Matterhorn. (If only I had a picture of a train to put in my post...)

Gauchograd99
05-18-2001, 12:44 AM
Tough given there are soo many amazing features to the park I would never want removed. I would probably have to go with Pirates, but if the Jungle Cruise, the "Mtn range", or Haunted Mansion left I think there would be a revolution and a CEO's head on a platter... and he could be the 1000th guest (even if they keep him locked in the attic or behind one of the doors).

SpaceMTJunkie
05-19-2001, 04:47 PM
The one and only attraction that should NEVER leave Disneyland is something that we all feel when we are there. Something that you have learned as a kid and enjoyed as an adult. Something that shall never leave Disneyland or the hearts of anyone that visits.........The spirit, dedication, and undying love that Walt put into the happiest place on Earth. If you have not felt this, walk down Main Street and imagine Walt walking along side of you checking up on the construction work of his new park. Gives you chills, doesn't it?

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-19-2001, 08:45 PM
I think that so many attractions are staples at a Disneyland.

The Monorail glides in and out of the park. It was one of the first ever (if not THE first) monorails in the world!

Where would we all be without "It's a Small World after all," running through our heads?

Can't you remember trying to spot the Matterhorn on your way into the park?

We can't forget them pirates, now can we?

Indiana Jones, one of Disney's biggest money makers.

Without the teacups, well, Fantasyland would be a lot less musical.

Space Mountain kind of made the park more fun for adults, as well as kids.

I would really miss those quick-witted tour guides of the Jungle Cruise.

Oh, that Haunted Mansion. WA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Of course, that drop into the laughing place makes my day complete.

And, with the passing of the PeopleMover, Submarine Voyage, Mr. Lincoln (the original), and Carousell of Progress, The undetermined fate of the poor Country Bears, the classsic, yet overtired Star Tours, and The deteriorating Tiki Room, Walt's touch is rapidly fading.

I think I'll go have a good cry and look through my old photo albums. :(

Napsto
05-20-2001, 12:02 AM
i remmeber trying to spot the Matterhorn!!!

jslivinski
07-23-2001, 07:58 AM
I'd have to say Mark Twain. I never ride it, but watching it sailing on the river around the island... Well, to me it makes that side of the park complete.

Gemini Cricket
07-23-2001, 08:53 AM
Splash Mountain!

clehr68
07-23-2001, 09:37 AM
It's not my favorite ride - but my younger kids would be crushed without being able to go on Dumbo. They love splash - indy - POTC and all the rest but for some reason Dumbo is high on their list.

TheMur
07-23-2001, 09:45 AM
I have to go with Matterhorn! Though it doesn't have animatronics (no the Abominable Snowman does not count) it too was a DL original. It is the reason now that we have a mountain range.

And most importantly, it was the first thing you saw from the freeway. My sisters and I always competed to see who could spot it first. Now my kids do the same thing!

mad4mky
07-23-2001, 09:54 AM
MATTERHORN....definitly!!!
I hate to ride it...its too bumpy and jerky....
But since I was a little girl...and we are going back to the early 60's....we would all look for the wonderful matterhorn off the freeway to let us know that we have finally gotten to Disneyland. My 3 girls do the same now....and seeing it as we draw near still gives me the goosebumps....
:D

07-23-2001, 10:28 AM
(This is said with a quavering lower lip) Submarine Voyage (R.I.P.)

Splash Freak
07-23-2001, 11:17 AM
Splash Mountain Of Course!

amynicole22
07-23-2001, 02:03 PM
Dumbo - because it's my earliest memory of the park.

Hades
07-23-2001, 04:37 PM
Without a doubt in my mind, the ride that should always remain in the park is the Disneyland RR. This ride binds all of Disneyland together. I could not imagine not hearing the sounds of the train approaching the stations in the park (let's see if I can remember it correctly),

"Now arriving from it's round trip of Disney's Magic Kingdom, the Disneyland Railroad, making stops at New Orleans Square, Mickey's Toon Town, and Tomorrowland stations, and it's scenic journey thru the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas. Boooooaaaaarrrrd!

Forgive me if I quoted it wrong. Been awhile since the last time I've rode the rails! ;)

The Railroad was one of Walt Disney's favorite hobbies. I wouldn't be surprised if Walt's spirit makes an occasional visit to the E.P. Ripley once and awhile!:)

Gregmh48
07-23-2001, 05:09 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean

Wackokid
07-23-2001, 05:40 PM
Matterhorn!!!

FantasmicFan82
07-24-2001, 07:58 PM
Tea Cups. i'm only happy on itwhen i get dizzy, which is hard to do. :D