PDA

View Full Version : Small Trip Report (and Pictures) from Oct 13-16

bassett1976
10-16-2005, 09:55 PM
My wife and I took a few days to head down to the DLR. We are both teachers and it's about that time of year to spend some time on ourselves! We arrived down in Anaheim at about 4 pm and checked into the HoJo. We were placed in room 2223 in building 2. We were very pleased with building 2 (first time in that building) and had no issues except that the decided to work on the roof on Saturday so we could hear some pounding throughout the day.

We went into the park on Thursday and noticed a lot of push people. The park was not as empty as we had thought it would be. We got dinner and went on a couple of rides and started to get really tired. We ended up going back to the hotel to get some sleep.

We went into the park early on Friday morning. We got onto HHM and Splash. We also went on BLAB. We spent some time walking around the park and went into Innoventions for about 10 minutes. We walked over to DCA to check out the progress on the Monster's Inc. ride before heading back to the hotel. We took a nap and headed to game 3 of the ALCS. Too bad the Angels lost. On a wierd note, you might be able to see me and my wife on TV. I was 2 seats away from the guy who caught the Homerun ball from Konerko.

Anyways, Saturday was a relaxation day. We went into DCA for an hour or so while our room was being made up. We used it to get some extra rest. We knew that DL would be busy so we never ventured inside.

We got up early on Sunday and packed up. We got to DL about 10 minutes after official opening and noticed one of the longest lines I've ever seen at Dl. The line to get in for all of the gates was about 3/4 of the way back to DCA. It took us about 20 minutes to make our way inside. After we got inside things were alright. The crowds were fairly light. I know that the mousequest was this weekend and a lot of the people could have been on the adventure so the lines to rides weren't too bad. We once again rode HHM and got a FP for it then had breakfast. We also rode HHM again and got a FP for BLAB that we used before we left. We tried to get over to Alice but it was a bit of a long line and we wanted to head back before the rain. We did see Alice, Madd Hatter, Tweetle Dee, Tweetle Dum and the White Rabbit come out from backstage. I tried to get a picture of my wife with the five of them but they headed straight for the Tea Cups and took a ride. The rain eventually started to come down and we decided to head home before we got sick from being wet. I know it probibly didn't last too long but being teachers we get sick enough already.

Anyways, got some pictures of the weekend but I'm having issues uploading them to smugmug. :confused: I'll post the links if I can get them uploaded but it's getting late and I need to get some sleep.

Here is the link to my DL pictures. I'll post the link to the actual galleries in the next day or two if I can get the pictures to actually upload.

http://bassett1976.smugmug.com/Disneyland

bassett1976
10-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Okay, got some of the pictures up on the web.

http://bassett1976.smugmug.com/gallery/889962

yellowrosedtxn
10-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Sounds like you had a good time. I am so jealous! I wish I lived close enough to go to the park on the weekends or whenever I could! One of these days I'll live there so I can do that!

bassett1976
10-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Got the other pictures up finally! I have some from inside HMH but they are very blurry. Sorry, my camera doesn't take better dark pictures.

http://bassett1976.smugmug.com/gallery/883454