PDA

View Full Version : Back from DL.....

LoveDL
10-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Hi all,

I love reading everyones trip reports, here's mine.......

We drove down last Saturday, the 8th, 6hr. drive, went straight to the Disney Warehouse, loved that place, got some good deals on birthday presents for our goddaughters.

After shopping, back up Harbor Blvd. to the Del Sol Inn, keeping my fingers crossed because of the conflicting descriptions of this place. We had requested an upstairs room, family suite(2 rooms connecting with fridge and microwaves in each room). The rooms were bigger than a normal motel room, and everything was clean. One of the lights had a broken bulb which we phoned the desk and they replaced it. The beds were very comfortable as someone else had previously mentioned. We stayed in rooms 220/221 that were at the far end of the motel by the pool, others had complained about walls being thin, we had nobody on one side of us and the other side we could not hear anyone. The only time we heard noise was the morning we were leaving at about 7am we heard little kids running and screaming by our rooms, obviously happy to be going to DL;) , that I can understand. The breakfast was minimal which we had expected, 2 kinds of cereal, OJ, milk, coffee, lemonade, sweet rolls, orange slices and toast. One of our toilets clogged, user error, not because the toilet wasn't working, they fixed it promptly. We were VERY happy with our stay at the Del Sol Inn and will stay there in the future, we usually stay at the DLH in a suite because we have 6 in our family, you can't beat the price and the walk is SO close! I would recommend this motel, but do request upstairs rooms, I can see that being on the 1st floor could be noisy.

We usually go to DL the first week of Nov., there is usually no crowds and virtually no lines, the kids can just walk onto rides. This trip was VERY crowded to what we are used to! Now, I had expected it from reading posts here, so we made the best of it. When we go in Nov., we never use fastpass, this time we utilized them often and could not believe that there was actually a line to get a fastpass!:eek: The weather was warm all week, but as someone else mentioned, Thursday the 13th was VERY hot, and the most crowded day we had, even worse than Sunday. It was nice when they announced overhead that DL would stay open an hour later:) .

Some of our memorable highlights.........
1. Getting a table by the water at Blue Bayou.
2. Getting stuck on Space Mtn. after the first lift, all the lights went on and we had to be walked off, we had great fun filming and being silly, but the car in front of us was not too happy:rolleyes: .
3. Visiting a new church, we are Catholic and attended Mass at St. Boniface Church on Saturday evening, beautiful!
4. My 4 kids and I pitched in for dad to go on the WIWF tour on Wed., we surprised him with an early bday present, he loved the tour! And, while he was on the tour, me and the kids rode TOT over and over again, he can't stomach that ride, while we LOVE it!
5. Turtle Talk with Crush, LOVED it, laughed so hard!
6. Block Party Bash
7. FIREWORKS! We waited in front of the castle an hour and half, this show did not disappoint!
8. Eating at the Riverbelle Terrace on Thursday afternoon under an umbrella while watching all the hordes of people walk by, watching the CM from Pirates do stroller parking duty, at one point you could only walk by single file because people had just parked right in the walkway:rolleyes: , that CM had his hands full!
9. Chicken nachos at DCA's wharf area, they were delicious, while the kids and dad enjoyed the turkey sandwiches at the sourdough bread place.
10. CHURROS, DOLE WHIPS, and DOLE WHIP FLOATS, SO good!
11. Kids loved Bengal BBQ chicken skewers and mickey pretzels.
12. Kids were tall enough to finally drive their own cars on autopia.
13. Did I mention TOT?!;)
14. Comfy beds at the end of each day!;)

That's all I can remember at this point, the trip was fun, even with everyone from So. CA, Arizona and Utah being there;) !

Dawn

Susan L
10-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Sounds like you had a pretty good time.

disneyhound
10-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Loved your report!