PDA

View Full Version : Never found myself in the Collages

Mickey
10-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Well I recieved an email that my pictures where in Steamboat Willy and others, but I have never found my pictures in the area where it says.
If any of you guys send pictures to the 50th anniversary collages have you found yourself?

Thanks! ;)

disneyhound
10-16-2005, 10:33 AM
I have read many, many posts on your topic. You should be able to search and find the same! I never got an e-mail that they used any of my pictures! Did you look at the kiosks for the location?

Mickey
10-16-2005, 11:18 AM
Yes I looked up for my location in the booths with the computer, and I did see my pictures ,send 10 of them , and they are all registered, but no luck on finding them.

Ive seen pictures that are not even Disney related. I thought they all had to be with you in the park , or Disneyland sites.

But well anyway I think there is much better stuff to do than to see the collages, Im just curious if anyone has seen themselves.
Hope you have luck if youre in the Buzzlight year collage. Ask for a ladder at guest services :D

Wendi
10-16-2005, 11:20 AM
I never found any of my pix in Steamboat Willie, but found others (the Steamboat one is VERY difficult to navigate and see).

I Heart Disneyland!
10-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I was just there a few days ago and couldn't find ours in: Steamboat Willie, Buzz Lightyear, Nemo and 20,000 Leagues. All are so high up, we could never see them!!! :crying: A part of me is just happy they are there, but, I've never found one photo!

Vegitabeta
10-16-2005, 12:48 PM
All are so high up, we could never see them!!!

I'm biting my tongue because you don't want me to start on this one!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-16-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm biting my tongue because you don't want me to start on this one!

Why??? :eek:

Vegitabeta
10-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Why??? :eek:

Lol. Well basically I think it's so stupid to tell people they can go and view their photos in the collages in the park, when they are in stupidly high places like the Buzz one (nobody is that tall!) and the 20K one. I mean what were these people thinking when they were deciding where to put them, I just don't get it.

greenscreenltd
10-16-2005, 03:44 PM
I'd like to add that the one photo which we could, in theory, find (it wasn't 20 feet in the air) simply wasn't where the kiosk stated it would be. We counted squares a few times to make sure but no luck.

Whittibo
10-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Well at least you can tell people you are in them! I sent in our pictures, all 5 years of us standing in front of the castle, and none of them were used. Now silly me.. they said I could send in as many as 5.. so I did.. didn't think to send in more then that, but I was almost dying of viral and bacterial pneumonia at the time, so I wasn't thinking clearly.

Anyway.. this guy walks up to the kiosk and prints this list about 4' long of all the ones his family is in.. I said, "gee.. glad you got in.. we didn't get used".. every time my family would point out another collage, I would say, "yep, it's nice, but we're not in that one either" :(

Opus1guy
10-16-2005, 04:50 PM
'Ya think anyone managed to sneak in a picture of themselves at Magic Mountain or anything like that?

;)

I Heart Disneyland!
10-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Lol. Well basically I think it's so stupid to tell people they can go and view their photos in the collages in the park, when they are in stupidly high places like the Buzz one (nobody is that tall!) and the 20K one. I mean what were these people thinking when they were deciding where to put them, I just don't get it.

Yep, I have to agree with you 100%!!!

Crazy4DL
10-16-2005, 05:09 PM
We were in the collages. The notified us by email and then when we were there in August we went to the kiosk to check the locations.

We were in one behind the castle (sorry can't remember the name) that we found fairly easily. My three grown children, their spouses and all their kids were in the picture so we were extra glad that we could actually see that one.

There were some that were so high there was no way.

I would say there was about 5 or 6 that were included in one collage or the other.

We were also in the Steamboat Willie collage. It was a picture on my youngest son and his wife from NYE 04. It was their honeymoon - that we all tagged along on. :D Anyway - my DD and DS looked and looked. Sat on the ground and counted squares - there were two spots that there should be pictures low enough to see. Anyway after about 30 minutes of them looking and me just sitting off to the side playing with the little ones they gave up finding the pictures. I walked over to where my DS was looking and said "a picture of you and Katie is somewhere right here?" he said "yes" I swear to god - I looked for like 2 seconds and THERE it was!! :eek:

Click to see a pic. (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbuWrNmxZtF2&notag=1)

I had to gloat for a few :~D

So at least some of the pictures went in and some were able to be seen. We were tickled to find a couple but had resigned to just being glad some had made it into the collage. Certainly seems like they could have made sure at least one from each family made it in.

Whittibo
10-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Maybe for the ones they DIDN'T use, they could have just put a message in the Kiosk that it WAS used, but in a collage that is too high to see. :) At least it would make me feel "special" that I was included even if I couldn't see it!

Mermaid
10-16-2005, 08:46 PM
I tried for about 5 minutes to find mine in Steamboat Willie and gave up!! I found them in Mickey for Mayor and Cinderella but I couldn't find the one in Nemo for the life of me. i was happy to find the ones I did. Whitbo- did you try the kiosk too? There were some on the kiosk that weren't in the email and vice versa. i deleted the email with my Chicken Little ones figuring I could print it there and those ones weren't listed. Guess I'm not finding those!!

GrumpyGoofyGuy
10-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Well at least you can tell people you are in them! I sent in our pictures, all 5 years of us standing in front of the castle, and none of them were used. Now silly me.. they said I could send in as many as 5.. so I did.. didn't think to send in more then that, but I was almost dying of viral and bacterial pneumonia at the time, so I wasn't thinking clearly.

Anyway.. this guy walks up to the kiosk and prints this list about 4' long of all the ones his family is in.. I said, "gee.. glad you got in.. we didn't get used".. every time my family would point out another collage, I would say, "yep, it's nice, but we're not in that one either" :(

You are not alone. My wife sent in our 5 pictures right away when the promotion started and was notified by email that they were received. When we checked at the Mainstreet kiosk in May nothing came up at all . We were pretty disappointed- especially after looking at all of the pictures and seeing the same people/pictures in several of them.:mad: :(

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-16-2005, 09:52 PM
The pictures in Steamboat Willie are REALLY hard to see. AND a lot of the pictures are up higher than you could see, unless you had a ladder. That was the only mosaic we were in until a couple weeks ago, when we got an email we were in the new Lady and the Tramp one. I am so excited to find it when we go to the park in a couple weeks.

charpaul
10-17-2005, 05:06 AM
A friend of mine submitted several photos of himself and his family. WHen the murals wre first put up we happend to find him in one of them. We spent most of the rest ofthe afternoon looking at the murals and trying to see if he or his family are in others. HE is!!!! He is wearing a black coat outside of HM and it is fairly dark in color. It is in MANY of the murals in the "black" areas.

We noticed that several photos are reused again and again in all the murals. Some are from other places - WDW, Universal, Knotts. But most are from DLR.

He NEVER got any e-mail confimation that ANY of his photos were used, but he is in about 10 murals (same shot each time.....)

BTW - they are still putting up new murals - Stitch appeared a couple of months ago at the entrance to SPace Mtn. and Genie has appeared recently outside of Aladdin's Oasis.

One additional note - try playing "Finding Nemo!" in the murals - Nemo is there in all the murals I have spent time examining closely (usually as someone wearing a Nemo hat) but he is there!! I think I need to stop looking at the murals now :eek:

mkcbunny
10-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Are the kiosks pretty easy to spot, or should we ask at City Hall for the locations? When my husband and I went in May, it was just one week after they reopened for the 50th anniversary, and I hadn't gotten notice of being in the collages yet. So I didn't think we were in any, and I didn't see any kiosks. But I wasn't looking for them, either. After we got back, we got the notification of where our pictures are, so I'd like to try and find them when I go again in November.

Mermaid
10-17-2005, 07:36 PM
There's two kiosks next to the steamboat Willie collage. We used the one in DCA too but now I can't remember where it was!

TTFN92
10-17-2005, 08:03 PM
I have found all of them that I was tall enough to see. There were a few of mine in the top rows of Steamboat Willie that I obviously couldn't see, but there were a lot that I could see. I also found mine in Mr. Incredible, Lion King, Jessie, Woodie, and the dragon from Sleeping Beauty. I also have one in the 20,000 leagues Under the Sea, but no one can see those.

Also, when it tells you the numbers in S.W., say Row 16 Colum 5, it means you go down to the 16th row of cast members and over the the 5th colum of cast members. Then it will tell you lower left quadrant so you have to search in the lower left part of that cast member. If you back up and count the row/colums that way it is easier to see then go up closer once you have found the right CM.

Also, if you have one that says it is in the Dragon, it isn't the dragon from Fatasmic that is in New Orleans Square, it is in the tunnel of the castle, just inside. It is also up high, but luckily my pic was in the bottom part so I could see it. I think it is really cool being part of Disney history. My DH finds it a little annoying when I want to go look though, but he's been a good sport. You can also take video of them. I would zoom in really close and then back up so I could tell where it was. I was also able to get a good pic with my film camera of the one in the Lion King. I'd post it, but I don't know how. Good luck! Hope you find them.

TTFN92
10-17-2005, 08:08 PM
'Ya think anyone managed to sneak in a picture of themselves at Magic Mountain or anything like that?

;)

There are some of the pics that don't have a thing to do with Disney, at least as far as we can tell. If they had to cut off all the Disney stuff they shouldn't have used it. Then there were a couple that I sent in that I couldn't believe they didn't use. I would like to know their criteria for choosing what they did.