PDA

View Full Version : How early to arrive for shows? [Fri Oct 21 & Sat Oct 22]

Leap for Joy
10-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Hi All,
Based on the trip reports I've been reading, DL is a bit more crowded than usual for this time of year. We'll be there Friday and Saturday (YAY!!!!) and we're wondering how early to get in line for Aladdin and how early to save spots (in the hub) for the fireworks. Any advice will help!
Thanks in advance,
Melinda

ps: we're currently planning to do the 2nd showing of Fantasmic! Friday evening, and the fireworks Saturday evening. Do you think I should I swap those?

DaddyB
10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
someone will need to be at the hub with a blanket at least 4 hours before the fireworks show. I'd say 5 would be safer.

DangerMouse
10-15-2005, 04:48 PM
someone will need to be at the hub with a blanket at least 4 hours before the fireworks show. I'd say 5 would be safer.

5 hours? Oh, come on! :rolleyes: I have been there twice (once during peak summer and once over Labor Day weekend), and we were in front of the castle with a blanket no more than 2 hours before the show. There was still plenty of room.

To the OP, it depends on if you want to sit or stand during the show. If you want to sit, then the only place is directly in front of the castle as close to the bridge as possible in the roped off area for seated viewing (just ask a CM). If you are willing to stand for the show (you can sit while you wait), you can sit anywhere around the hub. I absolutely adore this show and will camp out for it in order to get a good spot, but sorry DaddyB, I disagree with your 4-5 hour plan.

Rhiannon8404
10-15-2005, 05:57 PM
I agree more with the 2 hrs plan for the fireworks. What I'd really like to stress though, is to bring a blanket and lay it out. Then stretch out on it a bit. Don't be a jerk about it or anything, just make sure you have breathing room. You can keep the blanket in a locker until you need it if you don't want to carry it around.

When we were there in June we got to the hub about 2 hrs before the show and got great seats. What we didn't do was have a blanket. As more and more people showed up they would sit down right next to us. I mean right up close. As it got close and closer to show time people would squeeze in and just plop down. I noticed that those with blankets didn't have strangers practically in their laps.

Leap for Joy
10-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the advice! I think I'll look at the crowds in the hub Friday evening and use that to decide between 2 and 4 hours of waiting Saturday night!

How about Aladdin? How early are people lining up these days? When I was there in April I was surprised to find a VERY long line 45 minutes before the show.

Leap for Joy
10-15-2005, 06:22 PM
As more and more people showed up they would sit down right next to us. I mean right up close. As it got close and closer to show time people would squeeze in and just plop down. I noticed that those with blankets didn't have strangers practically in their laps.

I've experienced this waiting for Fantasmic! They'll sit really close and then suddenly other members of their group will arrive and plunk down in what space is left, and put kids on their laps, and we can barely breathe! We put extra space between us with our bags and stretch our legs out until right before the show. I feel like a big meanie sometimes, but I've learned that it's the only way to be comfortable.