PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose Closed 11/13

mkcbunny
10-15-2005, 10:36 AM
We just got a phone call last night from Napa Rose saying that they will be closed on Sunday, 11/13. We called for priority seating back at the 60-day mark and got one there for 6ish. Yesterday was approximately the 30-day mark, so it's been a month since we called. My friend made the reservation, so she's calling to reschedule for another day. Don't yet know why they are closed that Sunday, or why they did not know that when we first called for PS lasst month.

Anyway, just passing along the bad news for anyone looking at that weekend's dining possibilities. Boo.

geoffa
10-15-2005, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=mkcbunny] Don't yet know why they are closed that Sunday, or why they did not know that when we first called for PS lasst month.

So call back and ask them! It's not good enough to just cancel your reservation without a plausible reason. If the restaurant don't come up with an answer then get on to guest relations. Bet any money it's some private or corporate event. The RICH will inherit the earth!:fez:

mkcbunny
10-15-2005, 02:28 PM
So call back and ask them! It's not good enough to just cancel your reservation without a plausible reason.
As I said, a friend made the actual reservation. At the time of the original posting, she had not yet contacted me about what they said.

I just heard from her, and they said "a special event." No details as to whose event and why so special. But I'm thinking it would involve oodles of money to nab the whole restaurant and kick the little people out for the night.

Whittibo
10-15-2005, 03:17 PM
That would SUCK. They should make that up to you somehow.. seeing that the private event didn't have to make reservations 60 days in advance, they're probably forking out a TON, so the Napa Rose could afford to make it "right" with you I would think.

Sheesh.. it disgusts me to think anything can be bought with enough money.

mkcbunny
10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Or celebrity. It's also possible it's for someone in the Disney "family." Anyway, we're going Monday instead. While I'm a bit grumpy that someone "important/rich/whatever" was able to nab the restaurant after the 60-day mark, the main point for the post was just to let other people know that that date was not available.

cstephens
10-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Sheesh.. it disgusts me to think anything can be bought with enough money.

That's pretty much true everywhere in life...

Rhiannon8404
10-16-2005, 10:21 PM
I think they handled it terribly. Your friend shouldn't have had to call back to make reservations. The person who called her should have been able to set her up with something another night, or somewhere else that night. Also, I believe there should have been some sort of comp for that, like free dessert or appetizer for your trouble.

mkcbunny
10-17-2005, 03:57 PM
I think they handled it terribly. Your friend shouldn't have had to call back to make reservations. The person who called her should have been able to set her up with something another night, or somewhere else that night. Also, I believe there should have been some sort of comp for that, like free dessert or appetizer for your trouble.
My friend wasn't home when they called her, so they left her a message. If my friend been home when they called, they would have done it right then. The only reason she had to call them back was because she was not available when they first contacted her. My friend called me first to see what my preference was for a different evening. There was no problem with rescheduling for Monday.

I completely agree that the cancellation stinks, and a comped dessert or something would be nice, but there's nothing wrong with how the person breaking the bad news dealt with it. They probably had nothing to do with the original problem.

Warped Reality
10-18-2005, 07:24 AM
Does anyone have the number to contact Napa Rose for reservations.. or the BB? Also.. Napa Rose is in the GC resort? I'm going to be the on 10/26 - 29th and need to make those reservations quick!

Thanks!

Matt

Warped Reality
10-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Anyone have those numbers by chance?

stan4d_steph
10-18-2005, 09:22 AM
It's the Disney Dining number. 714-781-DINE

Warped Reality
10-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info!