PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Cheer At The Disneyland Resort Makes Spirits Bright, Nov. 11 Thru Jan. 2

Darkbeer
10-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Disneyland Resort Press Release

HOLIDAY CHEER AT THE DISNEYLAND RESORT MAKES SPIRITS BRIGHT, NOVEMBER 11 THROUGH JANUARY 2

ANAHEIM, Calif., September 12, 2005 – As its 50th Anniversary “Happiest Celebration on Earth” continues in full swing, the Disneyland Resort will be decked out for the holidays with dazzling décor, magical parades, and festive shows and attractions every day from November 11 through January 2.

Extended park hours for Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure will be in effect for much of the season, and Downtown Disney District and the Disneyland Resort hotels will join in the fun with twinkling lights and ornaments, special entertainment and holiday dining.

Disneyland

Disneyland will continue to showcase its 50th Anniversary throughout the Christmas season, and will add to the golden lineup with an array of holiday shows, seasonal attractions and lively entertainment.

New this year is “Santa’s Reindeer Round-Up” at Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland. The ranch will be transformed into a “West Pole” getaway where Santa will unwind with Mrs. Claus and his team of reindeer. Kids and their families can chat with St. Nick, see real reindeer grazing in a corral, play some reindeer games, create take-home Yuletide souvenirs and join in holiday line dances with music from a Western trio.

“Haunted Mansion Holiday” returns with a madcap celebration where the traditions of Halloween and Christmas collide. The ghoulish but well-meaning Jack Skellington from the film “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” has come to the “Haunted Mansion” to transform it with his skewed vision of the holidays.

The park’s annual holiday parade, “A Christmas Fantasy,” will be presented November 18 through January 1 on Main Street, U.S.A. This ever-popular procession depicts an enchanting collection of holiday scenes, music and a cast of Disney characters and performers in Yuletide vignettes. Toy soldiers march in cadence, friendly snowmen dance and Santa waves from a soaring sleigh as his reindeer prance below.

In Fantasyland, the classic “it’s a small world” will again become “it’s a small world Holiday” with a seasonal overlay that transforms this favorite Disneyland attraction into a holiday trip around the world. More than 300,000 glittery lights adorn the attraction’s façade.

The park will be trimmed with wreaths, lights, garland and other décor, and strolling holiday performers, including the Dickens Carolers, will make musical merriment all season long.

Disneyland’s 50th Anniversary entertainment includes the all-new nightly fireworks spectacular, “Remember… Dreams Come True,” the most elaborate pyrotechnics display in Disneyland history featuring an amazing new flight path for Tinker Bell. During the holidays, “Remember” will conclude with a stirring rendition of “White Christmas” as a magical snowfall gently flutters down on Main Street, U.S.A., Small World Mall and New Orleans Square.

“Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams” continues daily on Main Street, U.S.A., immersing guests in the musical grandeur and visual spectacle of this innovative Disney parade.

Within the high-speed “Space Mountain” in Tomorrowland, guests will discover new special effects, a redesigned Spaceport and other surprises, while intergalactic adventurers can battle the evil Emperor Zurg in the new “Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters” attraction.

Disney’s California Adventure

Disney’s California Adventure will celebrate the season with enhanced park-wide decorations and expanded entertainment offerings.

At the new “Block Party Bash,” music and excitement are cranked to the max for this high-energy street extravaganza as Disney presents the Pixar Film pals, who invite guests to dance and play as they party along the performance corridor. Performed daily, this wild block party entertains with a non-stop musical parade that doubles as an interactive street spectacular.

Also new is “Turtle Talk with Crush” at the “Disney Animation” exhibit in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Starring Crush, the sea turtle from the hit Disney/Pixar film “Finding Nemo,” this incredible experience gives guests the chance to chat and joke with the animated sea turtle.

Sunshine Plaza will become “Santa’s Beach Blast,” where the Disney characters playfully blend classic holiday images with the California beach lifestyle. Santa the surfer will greet guests near a Woody wagon sleigh, and the area will be filled with seaside-style holiday decorations.

The park’s lands will glow with Yuletide cheer day and night. At Flik’s Fun Fair, Flik and his bug buddies will spread giant Christmas lights, oversized ornaments and towering candy canes throughout their realm. Alongside Paradise Bay, a resplendent Christmas tree will provide a dazzling sight as other nearby trees sparkle with hundreds of lights and wreathes adorn lampposts.

For Disneyland Resort information, call (714) 781-4565 or visit www.disneyland.com.

potzbie
10-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I am pleased that they have added some new twists.

I think I will like the West Pole. There is room enough in Thunder Ranch to do something without space contraints.

I am curious on the oversized Xmas decorations that Flick will put up in Bug's Land.
The over-size effect is very good, in my opinion, throughout that "land."
So the Xmas theme should look like a good photo op, if the quality is as high as it is now for its props.

Chiidesu
10-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Anyone know when the X-mas Big Thunder Ranch will open?

AaronInCal
10-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Anyone know when the X-mas Big Thunder Ranch will open?

"Santa's Reindeer Round-up" at Big Thunder Ranch opens on November 11, when all the other Christmas festivities (except the Christmas Fantasy Parade) begin.

Today I noticed they have begun instally some Christmas decorations over at DCA in the Bugs Land area. Also, in the Sun Court, Autumn/Halloween decorations have also been added. I am guessing this is for Mickey's Halloween Treat which begins next week.

Whittibo
10-14-2005, 02:25 PM
DANG, it's posts like this that make me want to go back already! I just got BACK!!! Our tickets expire on November 29th... there's still time.. there's still time. Ahh.. but that horrendous drive down there. BLEH!

If I were rich, I would fly my family down there for 2-3 days, just to do Christmas Disney. :D

Wendi
10-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Oooooooh, I can't wait. Thanks for the update, Darkbeer, you rock!!!

itig
10-14-2005, 04:08 PM
WooHoo...I'm even more excited now! My boys will love the reindeer ranch and the giant Christmas additions to bugs land sounds fun!

Rhiannon8404
10-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Thank you! Thank you!

We are especially excited about the West Pole!

T&Rshep
10-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Has anyone heard word on the Electrical Parade? I thought is was going to run for two weeks at the end of December.

DaddyB
10-14-2005, 06:17 PM
They had a beautiful christmas tree up at the waterside performance area a couple of years ago. It was when they had an ice skating mickey & friends and occasionally some really good ice skaters came out to perform.

But the Christmas tree was beautiful.

I've got a picture of it around here somewhere... I'll post it.

DangerMouse
10-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Has anyone heard word on the Electrical Parade? I thought is was going to run for two weeks at the end of December.

I believe it begins to show December 19 and runs through December 26. At least, I think that's what I remember reading previously.

mi_mous
10-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks for this update. I will be there from the 15th till the 18th with my in-laws who are coming down specifically to do Disneyland with us. I am glad they will be able to see the holiday decorations, all the new holiday stuff, and be able to experience the "snow" on main street!! WOW! Talk about good planning!! And I was wondering what there was going to be left to do after a couple of days!!
Thanks for the update!!

going2disneyAZ
10-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the update. I cant wait!

sunnyca
10-19-2005, 05:03 PM
so does that mean that "believe in holiday magic" fireworks will replace the current "Remember Dreams Come True" fireworks? I really like "Remember" but it isn't a Disney Holiday with out the "Believe" fireworks!

Darkbeer
10-19-2005, 05:14 PM
so does that mean that "believe in holiday magic" fireworks will replace the current "Remember Dreams Come True" fireworks? I really like "Remember" but it isn't a Disney Holiday with out the "Believe" fireworks!

There will be NO Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks, the Remember Fireworks wil remain, but with an added ending that includes snow, let me quote from the Press Release...

Disneyland’s 50th Anniversary entertainment includes the all-new nightly fireworks spectacular, “Remember… Dreams Come True,” the most elaborate pyrotechnics display in Disneyland history featuring an amazing new flight path for Tinker Bell. During the holidays, “Remember” will conclude with a stirring rendition of “White Christmas” as a magical snowfall gently flutters down on Main Street, U.S.A., Small World Mall and New Orleans Square.

sunnyca
10-19-2005, 05:27 PM
sadness!! :(

Donald Duck Fan68
10-19-2005, 09:38 PM

Disneyland Resort's December Calendar is up with entertainment times listed, and according to that, the Electric Parade will begin running on Friday, December 16th and run everyday through the 30th. I did not see it listed for the 31st and I don't think they have Jan. info listed yet. The time listed on the 24th must be a typo though, because they have DCA closing at 7:00 pm and the Electric Parade Time listed at 7:00 pm. Who knows though, maybe they're going to run it at closing. I'm glad I'll be there!

Darkbeer
10-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Disneyland Resort's December Calendar is up with entertainment times listed, and according to that, the Electric Parade will begin running on Friday, December 16th and run everyday through the 30th. I did not see it listed for the 31st and I don't think they have Jan. info listed yet. The time listed on the 24th must be a typo though, because they have DCA closing at 7:00 pm and the Electric Parade Time listed at 7:00 pm. Who knows though, maybe they're going to run it at closing. I'm glad I'll be there!

This is something they have done often at DCA, starting the Electrical Parade at Park Closing. What it means is that the attraction queues will be shut down at 7 PM, but park folks are welcome to watch the parade.

It is not a typo.

rfaljean
10-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks Darkbeer for the update. I'm too excited for words. I've been to Disneyland many, many times in my 33 years-but only once in November for 1/2 a day. I can't wait until we leave on 11/29.....:D

Whittibo
10-20-2005, 09:13 AM
oh this thread is killing me. If we hadn't just gone, I would certainly go back. Our passes are good through November 28th.

My hubby asked what we were doing for Thanksgiving as we normally have his parents over, but he's mad at them.. LOL.. I said, "well, we could always go back to Disneyland". I wasn't joking like he THINKS I was.