PDA

View Full Version : How crowded at Christmas time?

Pages : [1] 2 3

kohl
10-10-2005, 12:31 PM
My friend wanted to know how crowded Disneyland will be from December 25 thru December 29.

stan4d_steph
10-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Extremely crowded. Long lines, wall-to-wall people.

tod
10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
If -- God forbid -- you die, it'll take an hour or so to fall over.

--t
cribbing from The Lovely Mrs. tod, who has used that phrasing to describe the Fourth of July at Disneyland

hlbtimes2
10-10-2005, 01:02 PM

--t
cribbing from The Lovely Mrs. tod, who has used that phrasing to describe the Fourth of July at Disneyland

I just spewed ice tea all over my desk. Thanks for the laugh!

Crazy4DL
10-10-2005, 01:04 PM
.. Thanks for the laugh!

LOL!!! here too!! had to read that one to my co-workers! :D

DianeM
10-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Funny, but also frighteningly accurate. I went to DL right after Christmas one year. They had closed the parking lot by 10:00 the first day, so my boyfriend and I decided to veg out and go the next day. It was no better. During the daytime, we got stuck in a crowd in New Orleans square that looked a lot like the standing room only area at a rock concert. Wall to wall people. I will NEVER go back to DL during Christmas break.

--t

kohl
10-10-2005, 01:23 PM

--t

My friend says thanks for the warning. She says she will skip Christmas time.
We also were laughing when we read your post!

ILovePoker
10-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Sorry to sound off but could you please use common sense next time you make a thread? Come on, Christmas, every child is off school, most parents are off of work at this time and many families would consider Disneyland as a Christmas present. So in conclusion, LOTS OF PEOPLE! CAPACITY CROWDS OF 80,000+ PEOPLE.

Crazy4DL
10-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Sorry to sound off but could you please use common sense next time you make a thread? Come on, Christmas, every child is off school, most parents are off of work at this time and many families would consider Disneyland as a Christmas present. So in conclusion, LOTS OF PEOPLE! CAPACITY CROWDS OF 80,000+ PEOPLE.

Take it easy. Seemed like a legitimate question to me - and if not to you, then just move on. I personally would not have missed tod's post! ;)

No one is making you read the threads that seem to be silly to you.

kohl
10-10-2005, 01:47 PM

I have been on the board long enough to know not to go around Christmas time. A co-worker of mine was telling me they were going at Christmas. I told her it was a crazy time to go. She didn't believe me so I told her I would ask people who knew to show her how crazy it is!

tinksmom
10-10-2005, 01:49 PM

I hate to sound more disagreeable than usual. . . but I love threads like this. They help feed my Disneyland Denial Syndrome.

DianeM
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
In my area (Northern California) most people either travel to be with family in the Bay Area or back east or go off to snowy areas for Christmas. I don't know a single family that is planning to go to Southern California for Christmas. It is not an optimal time - rain is common. If I hadn't made the mistake of visiting DL at Christmas one year, I would never know that lots of people take this trip. I 'm glad that this site provides a forum to ask questions so that others don't make the same assumption I did.

DangerMouse
10-10-2005, 01:53 PM

Mousepad rule #1 - Attack the post, not the poster! Gawrsh! No one forced you to read this thread. If you don't want to read DL related questions, then stay off a DL board. This question could have come from a complete newbie, who honestly did not know the answer. Isn't that why this board exists, to answer DL questions? :rolleyes:

pisces
10-10-2005, 01:56 PM

I didn't experience that at all last year during Dec. 27- Jan2.

tod
10-10-2005, 02:08 PM

Uh, asking is common sense. It's assuming that gets you into trouble.

--t

disneyhound
10-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Sorry to sound off but could you please use common sense next time you make a thread? Come on, Christmas, every child is off school, most parents are off of work at this time and many families would consider Disneyland as a Christmas present. So in conclusion, LOTS OF PEOPLE! CAPACITY CROWDS OF 80,000+ PEOPLE. Must not be a parent...

DangerMouse
10-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Must not be a parent...
Nope, profile reads 15 years old. :|

Klutch
10-10-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't know how many times I've heard people say, "We're going to Disney World at Christmas because the crowds are so light." At this *I* typically spew iced tea, or whatever I'm drinking.

Just a few months ago I heard the following from a coworker who has lived in Tampa for several years: "We haven't been to Magic Kingdom because it's pretty much just a walk-around park with almost no rides". :confused:

Yes, it's best to ask. :D

Oh, and I too laughed out loud at Tod's post.

ILovePoker
10-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Mousepad rule #1 - Attack the post, not the poster! Gawrsh! No one forced you to read this thread. If you don't want to read DL related questions, then stay off a DL board. This question could have come from a complete newbie, who honestly did not know the answer. Isn't that why this board exists, to answer DL questions? :rolleyes:

Calm down bud. You just contradicted yourself when you came on here to tell me to get off the boards. Smooth one. :p

To anyone else badmouthing me. Save it because your falling on deaf ears and I don't care what you say about me.:~D

It would be great courtesy to have 1 single thread where people can ask how busy different times are instead of making a new thread every day about it.

It's common sense to know that kids will be off school, so therefor the parks will be busy. Anyone coming here saying blah, blah, your bad, blah, blah, it's a discussion... save it for someone who will care about what you say. :~D

Have a beautiful day. No offense to Kohl if your friend wanted to know. :D

ILovePoker
10-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Must not be a parent...
A parent SHOULD have common sense to know Xmas is busy. But then again, it is one of the hardest things known to man. :~D

DangerMouse
10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Calm down bud. You just contradicted yourself when you came on here to tell me to get off the boards. Smooth one. :p

Bud? Excuse me, I'm old enough to be your mother. I did not contradict myself and did not tell you to get off the board. I asked you to not attack a poster who was asking a DL related question. If you are offended by people asking such questions, then you shouldn't visit a thread entitled "How Crowded at Christmas time?"

Talk about common sense. . . :rolleyes:

Kohl, I'm glad your friend got the information they needed from this very helpful group of people.

tod
10-10-2005, 04:20 PM

To anyone else badmouthing me. Save it because your falling on deaf ears and I don't care what you say about me.:~D

It would be great courtesy to have 1 single thread where people can ask how busy different times are instead of making a new thread every day about it.

It's common sense to know that kids will be off school, so therefor the parks will be busy. Anyone coming here saying blah, blah, your bad, blah, blah, it's a discussion... save it for someone who will care about what you say. :~D

Have a beautiful day. No offense to Kohl if your friend wanted to know. :D

I remember when I was 15 and I knew everything. it was 1967.

Then along came 1968 and took me off my high horse.

--t

Klutch
10-10-2005, 04:25 PM
I would think the following would be common sense:

- Mouseplanet.com is not myspace.com.
- Most of the people on Mouseplanet.com are not in high school.

Crazy4DL
10-10-2005, 04:28 PM
.Then along came 1968 and took me off my high horse.

--t

Those darn 60's had that affect on me too - well maybe the early 70s'!

ILovePoker
10-10-2005, 04:51 PM
I remember when I was 15 and I knew everything. it was 1967.

Then along came 1968 and took me off my high horse.

--t
Sorry but I'm NOT 15. I don't post my real age on chat forums.

And Danger Mouse, you did contradict yourself, you told me to leave after I say my opinion and you say it's an open chat. Since when is it an open forum when you are telling people to leave? Thank goodness your not my mother because it would be embrassing for someone younger than you to totally outwit you.

Have a great day. :~D