PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera settings?

jazzysmom
10-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok you camera people! I have been practicing with my digital camera, but I have a couple questions. In the "Best Shot" setting, it has several choices that seem to lend themselves to low lighting.

So today I took my daughter to see the musical R & H Cinderella. The theater was dark and the stage was lit. I used all of the settings listed below, and really didn't get a good picture. I held the camera on the ledge, so it would be as still as possible, and most of them are just horrid, and the okay ones are nothing more than just okay...Soooooo....

I am wondering if any of you are familiar with these settings, and which you would use in the scenarios I have listed below.

Camera: Casio Exilim EX-Z40 4.0 megapixels

Setting choices: Candlelight Portrait, Sundown, Night scene, Night scene portrait, Fireworks and Twilight.

So which would you recommend for:

1.) Parade shots
2.) Aladdin Show
3.) Fireworks (I know this seems obvious that I should use Fireworks, but I would like your opinions.)
4.) Inside pirates, small world, Buzz etc.
5.) Inside (before the ride) Star Tours
6.) During the ride Indiana Jones (is this even possible to get a good shot?)
7.) At the Blue Bayou

Those are the ones I am concerned about off the top of my head. If you have any other suggestions you would like to share, please do.

Thank you all SO much!

geoffa
10-10-2005, 03:36 AM
Have a look at;
www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/tips/night_and_low_light_digital_photography_tips.php

hlbtimes2
10-10-2005, 05:40 AM
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ I have found this site to be a great source of info for digital photography. You might see what info they have on your camera.

altasam
10-10-2005, 08:25 AM
I find it a bit annoying when people are flashing in POTC. It's dark in there, and the flash kills the mood and hurts everyone else's eyes. You wouldn't take pictures in HM or in a movie theatre, right? So why POTC?

In low light situations (and when the flash is disabled or useless) I have heard that a camera with a larger CCD helps. This also help with high speed situations, from what I've heard.