PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishment

mad4mky
02-22-2002, 01:18 PM
We will be in Disneyland Paris in about 3 1/2 weeks. Does anyone know what attractions are closed for Refurbishment? I have looked on Disneyland Paris's web site, and can't find anything on refurbishments...
Has anyone been there lately and knows, or...does anyone know of a place where I can log on and see what is closed?

:confused:

Thanks...

mad4mky
02-24-2002, 01:06 PM
Well, since no one on MP can answer my question...I will answer for everyone. I got an e-mail from #1 daughter who is in Paris for the semester. She went to DLP yesterday...Casey Jr., Autopia and StoryBook Boats are closed as of today. (In my case, since we are going without kids...I could care less about those 3 rides).

She said Space Mountain was her favorite....and Indy jerks your head way too much...

But, I am looking forward to going in 2 and 1/2 weeks! Woohoo!:D

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
02-26-2002, 11:18 PM
Don't even think of DLP Indy a la Anaheim... think Mulholland Madness backwards with a loop and a temple facade.

And since you're riding backwards, you can't see where u are going and are unable to antipate turns - it banged my head around quiet a bit and the loop was noooo fun.

The good? It was the only disapointing ride there :-) Have a great trip

mad4mky
02-28-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
Don't even think of DLP Indy a la Anaheim... think Mulholland Madness backwards with a loop and a temple facade.

And since you're riding backwards, you can't see where u are going and are unable to antipate turns - it banged my head around quiet a bit and the loop was noooo fun.

The good? It was the only disapointing ride there :-) Have a great trip

Thanks, I hope to have a great trip. My daughter said it was just ok...but if we had to pass to get onto another ride...she said to pass. To me...the best ride Disney has is Indy in Disneyland. Even the Stunt Show at Disney's MGM Studio in WDW was a disappointment to me.:(

Oh well...at least I get to go!

parky_in_paris
03-29-2002, 07:45 AM
Sorry I did not answer this earlier, but I have been in DCA and DL for 2 weeks !!

The posts above are correct, as usual the following attractions are closed for the Winter Season (Sept - July) :-

Autopia
Casey Jnr
Canal Boats

As far as I am aware there are no other planned closures in the next few weeks. They have been busy around the park for a while and seem to be getting things good for the 10th year.

Towards the end of March 'it's a Small World' still had it's facade covered as it is being repaired and repainted, but the ride is still open.

Have a great time.

Ian

Not Afraid
03-29-2002, 08:39 AM
We'll be there in early May. I also read that the Keel Boats were in rehab too. Since ours have been gone for a while, I guess I don't really know what I'll be missing.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed that the canal boats are closed. From the pictures I've seen, the sets look wonderful, and so different from ours.