PDA

View Full Version : I need a huge favor!

Maleficent Fan
06-26-2005, 11:39 PM
If anyone is going to Disneyland or Disneyworld, i need a huge favor. The new Virtual Magic Kingdom game is very addictive!!! If you make a purchase at ex. the Magic Shop, they give you a little card with a code on it that you can redeem in the game and get a "virtual magic mirror". I really want it in the game and was going to Disneyland Tue. but my trip just got cancelled. Would anyone check for the card for me at the Magic shop (maybe they will just giveone to you) and if not if you could purchase anything (possibly the cheapest thing) to accuire the card for me. I would pay you a couple bucks for your troubles. Thank you guys so much, I want that Magic Mirror badly :)

stitchlvr
06-27-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm going the 5th to the 8th. I'll try and check into it for you if someone is not going sooner.

kristen
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
I might go tomorow, so I'll check for you...I'm just not sure if I can afford to make a purchase at this moment...but I'll do my best!

Disney Vault
06-27-2005, 08:05 PM
I heard many people are just tossing the cards. So maybe you could find someone who is about to throw it away too.

Maleficent Fan
06-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey guys! Don't even bother I got the magic mirror. Thank you guys so much though! I will be going tomorrow so I will see if I can get a couple more cards. Thanx!

BQ2
06-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey guys! Don't even bother I got the magic mirror. Thank you guys so much though! I will be going tomorrow so I will see if I can get a couple more cards. Thanx!

I am going tomorrow too, Maybe i'll see you there!
VMK=astrophoton

jennia
06-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I didn't know about that virtual pin. DS said he saw a Virtual pin in the store next to the Buzz ride that you can buy. I was n't keen on spending my $$ for some pixels. (yeah, I'm cheap!)

Are there any other freebies at the park (or free with purchase) that you can share information on?

Ulysses
06-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Are there any other freebies at the park (or free with purchase) that you can share information on?

You can get virtual golden ears at the Mad Hatters (Main Street or Fantasyland). With purchase of a hat.

Disnerd
06-29-2005, 07:43 AM
If you want to rake in the points go do the VMK quest at Disneyland. You get a ton of cards. And take the VMK tour. It's two hours of walking around and there are back door or fast pass entry to several attractions. And you get more points for that and a Haunted Mansion Quest which is exclusive to the tour.

jennia
06-29-2005, 09:48 AM
If you want to rake in the points go do the VMK quest at Disneyland. You get a ton of cards. And take the VMK tour. It's two hours of walking around and there are back door or fast pass entry to several attractions. And you get more points for that and a Haunted Mansion Quest which is exclusive to the tour.

DS has been mentioning the VMK tour, however, he doesn't know how to sign up for it. He has completed the first 3 quests successfully so I understand he can go on the tour. How do we get more information? Is the VMK tour free if you have completed the first 3 quests? (That's what DS heard but a free tour sounds too good to be true. :) )

I found this info on the VMK Forums site:
1)Fantasyland Magic Mirror with purchase at Main Street Magic Shop
2) Happiest Celebration on Earth Pin with a purchase of a pin at AStro Blasters
3) Golden Mickey Ears with the purchase of gold Mickey ears at any shop except Star Traders
4) Retro Mickey T Shirt with purchase of any Tshirt at Star Trader
5) Disney REtro Penny Press with the purchase of candy at Pooh Corner Honey Spot

Disnerd
06-29-2005, 09:53 AM
The tour is free. I signed up when they checked my Quest cards.

jennia
06-29-2005, 10:01 AM
THANKS!!! They didn't offer DS the tour but we'll go back Friday and check it out. :D :D

Shortiemetoo
06-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Ok, I will admit I am pretty computer illiterate....but I downloaded VMK and all I can do is go to other peoples rooms and look around...how do I get past that point and get to do some quests???
If you can help this gramma I would really appreciate it!!!

Disnerd
06-29-2005, 07:29 PM
The quest happen in the real Disneyland. Not online. In the game you can play pirates, dance mix, photo safari and hidden Mickeys.

jswtsang
07-16-2005, 09:13 AM
is it that you just see the hidden mickeys or are you supposed to do something with them? I saw one in the monorail but nothing happened when i clicked on it.

It took me a while to figure it out but if you go into the stores, there are cashregisters and also things that don't look like they belong there, double click the register to see what you can buy and try clicking on the purple question mark to see what happens to you :)

so far I like the safari cruise the best. I couldn't really figure out what the music game was, other than putting together some songs, and i'm not coordinated enough to fight other people as a pirate :)

jt

Disney Vault
07-16-2005, 10:29 AM
is it that you just see the hidden mickeys or are you supposed to do something with them? I saw one in the monorail but nothing happened when i clicked on it.

It took me a while to figure it out but if you go into the stores, there are cashregisters and also things that don't look like they belong there, double click the register to see what you can buy and try clicking on the purple question mark to see what happens to you :)

so far I like the safari cruise the best. I couldn't really figure out what the music game was, other than putting together some songs, and i'm not coordinated enough to fight other people as a pirate :)

jt
If you find a hidden mickey you have to take a picture of it. You can get film at VMK central on main street. Just click on the pirate skull poster to buy the camera. Then you will notice a little incon in the bottom right of your screen. Click on that to open the camera and then take a picture.