PDA

View Full Version : Believe! Changes...

LIMANDL4EVA
02-03-2002, 10:23 AM
On FRIDAY NIGHT, i VISITED DL, I love believe so I just had to stick it out to see it. Everyting was great, the show's pyro was synched perfectly, but one small suprise that I found very very welcome.

If you saw the patriotic finale that was offered after Believe a few months ago, you would remember a great fan like effect with the white stars that would shoot into the air.

Now, JUST before the Believe finale, they have integrated that effect into the show, except instead of a fan effect from right to left, they start in the middle and go outward.

I dont know if anyone else noticed this change, but I sure did. Its a simple effect in the show but it sure left me breathless.

Techie7
02-03-2002, 11:21 AM
I saw the show Friday night too and was going to write aboud the changes. The fan was a great surprise. There actually were quite a few additions on Friday night for the show from the week before. I stopped by City Hall and complimented them on the new additions and they said, "They like to experiment with new effects." I am glad someone else noticed the additions beside me who has memorized almost every effect. :)

LIMANDL4EVA
02-03-2002, 12:41 PM
what else did they add, a tree was in my way so i didnt notice every little detail:(

Fancy Pants
02-03-2002, 01:11 PM
Before the patriotic finale, they used the fan effect in the same spot as they do now, but from right to left along with the shooting star going across with the fan. It was way better than what they have now, but still cool.

LIMANDL4EVA
02-03-2002, 06:18 PM
i seriously doubt that they had the fan effect in believe b4 the patriotic finale, but i could be wrong

Techie7
02-03-2002, 06:24 PM
I looked at a bunch of different videos of Beleive. Starting from the 45th anniversary up through the christmas show and the only time I saw the fan was in the Holliday Beleive and the Patriotic Finalle. I could be wrong but I have never seen it except for those two instances. As far a new effects from Friday there were just some additional shells. I can't think of where they were now but I noticed them while I was watching it on Friday.

PhilMP
02-03-2002, 08:55 PM
They started using the entire fan effect/fireworks follow the shooting star thing about a month before the patriotic finale started.

Now, if only they can get the hidden mickey right.

Phil

Techie7
02-03-2002, 09:04 PM
Do they use the fan some nights and not others. When I saw the show a few weeks ago they didn't have it. Either way it is a very nicwe effect and I hope they keep it in the show. Guess I will need to bring the camera and film it again. Anyone have a favorite viewing area. My new fav is right in front of Small World. (Thanks to someone from MP for cueing me into this great spot).

Rallymonkey23
02-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by PhilMP

Now, if only they can get the hidden mickey right.

Phil

Yeah, that really bothers me that they can reposition the angle of the shells so that they actually blend together. I still get goosebumps when that part comes up though. A very unique touch to a fabulous show.

Mouse
02-04-2002, 08:33 PM
Yeah! During the summer I had a shift that would allow me to watch Believe at night. I loved the show and backstage a couple of my co-workers and I always had running commentaries watching. We would analyze (humorously) the smoke, wind, spacing etc... It was always great so see how the Mickey turned out each night. A good Mickey got cheers and a bad one always got rather loud groans from the peanut gallery.

LIMANDL4EVA
02-05-2002, 05:17 PM
a lot of times the mickey overlaps the other ear or head, i have yet to see it done right, im sure that with the technology they have that they can do it right maybe its just a matter of a little more effort