PDA

View Full Version : How crowded next week?

himini
06-15-2005, 02:04 PM
My wife just had a last minute cancellation which frees up next week for us (June 20th through the 24th). I was wondering if anyone could speculate at all about how crowded Disneyland (and Calif Adventure) will be.

Thanks so much for any help!

hlbtimes2
06-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Its summer, peak season- it will be busy at both parks. Here is aLINK (http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm) that shows apprx. attendance for the entire year. It doesnt account for the 50th celebration and people that might be planning on coming next month for the official 50th- but it will give you an idea of what to expect.

Hakuna Makarla
06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Its summer, peak season- it will be busy at both parks. Here is aLINK (http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm) that shows apprx. attendance for the entire year. It doesnt account for the 50th celebration and people that might be planning on coming next month for the official 50th- but it will give you an idea of what to expect.

Wow great link!! Answers my questions thanks!!

hlbtimes2
06-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Your welcome! I got it from someone on this site. I find it very helpful.

himini
06-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks so much for the reply-- great link!

OK so I realize it's peak season which has its disadvantages (and advantages); I'm guess I'm just hoping to avoid one of those trips where it's shoulder-to-shoulder on Main St all day long and two-and-a-half-hour queues on Splash mountain. Are there any special events or Holidays next week that anyone knows about? We're thinking about going Tuesday, Wed., and Thurs. and avoiding the weekends. Would 60 minute lines be a good estimate?

disneyperson
06-15-2005, 04:08 PM
It will be crowded every day all summer long. Just relax and plan accordingly.

jennia
06-15-2005, 04:31 PM
We got to DLR not long after rope drop yesterday. There were large numbers of middle school kids but all -in-all the park was pleasant.

LA Unified Schools doesn't let out until June 24 this year. So even though there are some local schools out it will get worse once, they are out.

himini
06-15-2005, 04:36 PM
It will be crowded every day all summer long. Just relax and plan accordingly.

Thanks, Disneyperson. I assure you I'm very relaxed. Again, I realize I'm asking for speculation. Just curious if anyone knows about anything in particular or wants to offer any estimates.

AB29
06-15-2005, 04:40 PM
My wife just had a last minute cancellation which frees up next week for us (June 20th through the 24th). I was wondering if anyone could speculate at all about how crowded Disneyland (and Calif Adventure) will be.

Thanks so much for any help!
Don't forget...2 Grad nites next week...Weds and thurs...early Park Close

foolish mortal
06-15-2005, 04:44 PM
I speculate that it will be very crowded with long waits all summer long. There's a big event going on ,so I hear.

himini
06-15-2005, 04:44 PM
We got to DLR not long after rope drop yesterday. There were large numbers of middle school kids but all -in-all the park was pleasant.

LA Unified Schools doesn't let out until June 24 this year. So even though there are some local schools out it will get worse once, they are out.

Thank you Jennia! Exactly the kind of info I was looking for! I would imagine that's a good thing to know about every year-- the schedules of schools in the area. Thanks again!

himini
06-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Don't forget...2 Grad nites next week...Weds and thurs...early Park Close

Oh... thanks for the tip. I didn't know about that. That may keep us from going. Thanks for responding!

himini
06-15-2005, 05:09 PM
I speculate that it will be very crowded with long waits all summer long. There's a big event going on ,so I hear.

Wow. I had no idea that my question would actually incite mockery and sarcasm. I apologize if I've offended anyone else like foolish mortal or Disneyperson. Thanks to everyone else for your responses! I'll do my best not to bother anyone on this site anymore.

hlbtimes2
06-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Wow. I had no idea that my question would actually incite mockery and sarcasm. I apologize if I've offended anyone else like foolish mortal or Disneyperson. Thanks to everyone else for your responses! I'll do my best not to bother anyone on this site anymore.

Please dont let a couple sarcastic answers chase you off. There is so much info on this board, and its full of very friendly helpful people.

I looked at the Disney site- they dont have any special events advertised for next week. The convention center site doesnt look like there is a lot going on in town (unless I over looked something). The earliest the park will close next week is 9pm. That is a couple hours early for this time of year, but really not all that early. Its not like they are going to kick you out at 5 or 6 for a grad party. Have a great trip!