PDA

View Full Version : HoJo Experts - advice/info needed

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

rentayenta
06-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi. I will be staying at the HoJo for the first time. I have read all of the reviews and such. What I need is info on the different buildings, views, rooms, proximity to the pool and highway etc.,

We are arriving on July 14, so we have half a chance of scoring a good room for the weekend.

Any info would be appreciated-thanks! :)

splashmtngurl
06-05-2005, 12:03 PM
just a bit of feedback...

we reall enjoyed our stay at the hojo...its a very nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean, its over all a nice hotel.

just a tip....

try not to get a room on the freeway side...its alot noisier. The small buildings are alot quieter.

rentayenta
06-05-2005, 12:06 PM
just a bit of feedback...

we reall enjoyed our stay at the hojo...its a very nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean, its over all a nice hotel.

just a tip....

try not to get a room on the freeway side...its alot noisier. The small buildings are alot quieter.

Do you know what building is next to the freeway? I looked at their site but it confuses me more. ;)

Which building numbers are the smaller buildings?

Earkid
06-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi Yenta,

We got back yesterday from our quickie trip. When we arrived they had put us in bldg 1 on the freeway side and I asked to be moved. They were very accomodating and put us in one of the small bldgs, directly behind the office. THose are #'s 3-6. They are two stories with NO ELEVATORS, so keep that in mind.

We were on the bottom floor of #3. There was no freeway noise but the people above us sounded like they were running a tap dancing school the entire time. It was my first time staying in one of those bldgs and they seem to be older = less sound insulation from the room above. One morning I actually called the room directly above us because at 5 a.m. there was so much noise I thought the roof was going to cave in on us. It was a family from Australia and the dad said that his kids were having a hard time adjusting to the time difference. After I complained to them it was better but still more noise than I have experienced at other hotels.

I love bldg 2, they just remodeled it and it seems to have better insulation. We arrived at 1:00 on Thursday but they said they didn't have anything available in #2 even tho I had requested it with my reservation. They were very nice about changing me from #1 to #3 but it was kind of a hassle.

I was going to save a map of the bldgs for you but I can't find it now. You may be able to call them and have them fax it to you.

I still like the HoJo but I'm not sure I will stay there again if the only thing available is the smaller bldgs. But no complaints at all with the room or the beds/pillows.

DangerMouse
06-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Do you know what building is next to the freeway? I looked at their site but it confuses me more. ;)

Which building numbers are the smaller buildings?

Renta, both Bldg. 1 and 2 have the option of putting you too close to the freeway. Bldg. 1 affords awesome DL views from the upper floors (I believe floors 6 & 7 specifically) You can see the Matterhorn and Monorail. Just make sure to ask for rooms the end of the bldg away from the freeway. Unfortunately, if you want adjoining rooms in Bldg. 1, they are at the freeway end.

Bldg. 2 has a whole side that faces the freeway, and the rooms on the other side of the hall face a courtyard. Some of these upper rooms may also have DL views. Bldgs. 3, 4 and 5 are all smaller buildings and there would be no issue with freeway noise from them, but no views either.

The only rooms that offer a microwave are the "office rooms", and there aren't many of those, and I don't believe there are any office rooms with a DL view.

If you have any more detailed questions, call Willie Simpson at the HoJo. You can give them your priorioties on location when you book, and they will do their very best to accommodate.

HTH!

rentayenta
06-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks Earkid and DangerMouse! You guys are awesome! :D

I have been chatting with Willie a bit. He is very sweet. I guess I need to explain what I am looking for in detail to him.

I have always wanted to try the HoJo because of all the great things that I have read. This trip feels like the right trip to try out a wonderful hotel with even more wonderful friends! :fez: I can't wait for July!!!!!!

kisroo
06-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey Renta,
We were in a DLR view (2 queen beds) in Bldg #1. It was great! No noise from the freeway, close to the lobby, closes to Mimi's (very important when you're having a Mimi's craving;) ), and no neighbor noise.

Looking at the layout and what I remember, bldg 2 looks like it's the furthest from the entrance and the closest to the freeway exit/entrance. I would think the rooms in bldg 2 that do not have a resort view (the other side of the hall from where our room was) would look at the freeway as well.

It was perfectly fine for us and the staff is great! I'm sure you and the family(s) will like it! :)

~kisroo:)

rentayenta
06-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Thankee kisroo! I looked on the site but for some reason, it confuses me. :confused:

Does anyone know which building is closest to the new kids' pool area? I know that our kids are going to want to swim.

kisroo
06-05-2005, 06:27 PM
They have an Adobe pdf that you can download from the Anaheim webpage here (http://www.hojoanaheim.com/). Under the hotel information drop down menu, click on room layout. The pdf will download and you can view at your leisure! ;)

~kisroo:)

DangerMouse
06-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Thankee kisroo! I looked on the site but for some reason, it confuses me. :confused:

Does anyone know which building is closest to the new kids' pool area? I know that our kids are going to want to swim.

Bldgs. 1, 3 and 4 are the closest to the kids' pool area. However, none of the bldgs are that far away from the pool to make it inconvenient to use. Renta, if you want my opinion, you want a room on the 7th floor of Bldg. 1, Disney View, farthest away from the freeway. These are great rooms with vaulted ceilings, either two queens or one king, and a vanity/sink outside the main bathroom.

I believe many of the rooms in Bldgs. 3-6 are the standard "double" rooms with double beds and have a somewhat older feel to them. Still nice rooms, but if you want a special "Disney" feel, stick with Bldg. 1, Disney View.

kisroo
06-05-2005, 06:38 PM
<<snip>>...you want a room on the 7th floor of Bldg. 1, Disney View, farthest away from the freeway. These are great rooms with vaulted ceilings, either two queens or one king, and a vanity/sink outside the main bathroom.

Hey DangerMouse! We were on the sixth floor. Same layout (2 queens). Great view~wonderful to watch the fireworks, huh?! :)

rentayenta
06-05-2005, 06:43 PM
I believe many of the rooms in Bldgs. 3-6 are the standard "double" rooms with double beds and have a somewhat older feel to them. Still nice rooms, but if you want a special "Disney" feel, stick with Bldg. 1, Disney View.

I am all over it- 6th or 7th floor, Building 1. I am going to send an email. I hope all of the Disney views aren't taken. I'll let you know what I hear.

Thanks again kisroo and DangerMouse! :D

Darkbeer
06-05-2005, 06:54 PM
First off, here are the room layouts...

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/pdf/room_layouts.pdf

Building 2 has NO rooms that face the freeway, the way the building is designed, there is a long hallway (indoors), and the rooms are just on one side, the side facing away from the freeway. I have stayed in theis tower many times, and never had a noise issue... Building 2 is the tower on the North end of the property, that is shaped sort of like a half circle...

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/pdf/hotelmap.pdf

Building 1 has some rooms that face the freeway, mainly the upper floors have the biggest issue of noise, but if you keep your windows and balcony door closed, usually it isn't a problem.

Some folks do not like the Vauted celings on the top floor, as they do let sunshine in, and you don't have an option of blocking them with drapes.... So late sleepers wouldn't want those rooms, but there are only a few with that ceiling...

Buildings 3 and 4 are the closest to the Main Pool area (and the kiddie play area), and also Tower 1 is close. (see the map)

If you have any worries about your room, please contact the staff at HoJo's, they are AWESOME, and will do their best to accomidate your requests....

DangerMouse
06-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Darkbeer, thanks for correcting me about Bldg. 2. I had no idea about there only being rooms facing the interior of the hotel. Can you get a Disney view from the upper floors?

rentayenta
06-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks Darkbeer, being our resident HoJo expert, I knew you'd be able to help!

I can't get any of the links to work. Maybe I'll just go back to the site to try and figure it out.

Darkbeer
06-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Darkbeer, thanks for correcting me about Bldg. 2. I had no idea about there only being rooms facing the interior of the hotel. Can you get a Disney view from the upper floors?

No Disney views, all the rooms face the Garden Pool area, check out the link to the hotel map.

Twilight
06-05-2005, 07:45 PM
...the staff at HoJo's, they are AWESOME, and will do their best to accomidate your requests....

Amen!

I just (today) booked our room for Oct. 5-9th. When I called the 800# reservation line I was given a quote of $89 + tax for each of the four nights. That was supposed to be the entertainment book discounted rate. I knew I could do better so I contacted the hotel directly and asked the nice attendant for a price for the same dates and was given a quote of $49 + tax. We got a smoke free standard room with two queen beds. Needless to say I booked em...fast!

:)

Darkbeer
06-05-2005, 07:53 PM
http://mb.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-62882-P-1&Refresh=0605204546&C=1

I am one of the pickiest people in the universe, and I can honestly say that the only think I could possibly nit-pick would be the pillows. It would have been nice to have been given a choice of feather of foam...the pillows were luxurious feather-filled. I would guess that, had I called the desk, they may have had some foam pillows available. Since everyone in my family takes allergy medicine every day anyway, I figured we'd go with luxury for once and take our chances with stuffy noses, lol!!!

To top it off, by booking early through MouseSavers I ended up paying less for 4 nights than people staying on site paid for one! I couldn't enjoy a vacation if I felt that I was being irresponsible with money...HoJo's made me feel like I got a great bargain on a great deal!!!

rentayenta
06-05-2005, 08:02 PM
I just sent Willie an email. I hope he doesn't kill me because I asked so may questions. I told him that Darkbeer sent me. ;)

Earkid
06-05-2005, 08:41 PM
I found my HoJo layout map Yenta. Do you want me to pop it in the mail to ya?

Darkbeer
06-05-2005, 08:55 PM
I just sent Willie an email. I hope he doesn't kill me because I asked so may questions. I told him that Darkbeer sent me. ;)

That is not a problem, the entire staff (well, at least the front desk folks) know me, and they have no problem when they hear my name....:fez:

rentayenta
06-06-2005, 05:21 AM
I found my HoJo layout map Yenta. Do you want me to pop it in the mail to ya?

Thanks Earkid! :)

Cool Darkbeer!

stinkerbell
06-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Renta,

We've stayed in the bottom of Bldg. 3 (twice) and Bldg. 4 once. They are really close to the newer pool area, and we've never had a problem with noise. We used to sit out on our patio and watch the fireworks....we were happy with those rooms until.......

We stayed upstairs in Bldg. 6 and watched the New Year's Eve fireworks from our balcony (which also overlooks the pool and courtyard area). Amazing views! You're basically right across Harbor from where they set off the fireworks. Plus the ceiling is super-high in those rooms with a half-circle window above the sliding glass door. The rooms are already on the large size for an economy motel, but that added height was a real bonus. I'm sold on the upstairs now (even with no elevator :D ) of the 2-story buildings. Especially with that view, the high ceilings, and no noise from the freeway....Bldg. 6 is IT for me now.

JosieGirl71
06-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Renta - You definitely want a home office in Bldg. 1 with a view. You will have a microwave, two queen beds, a balcony and a great view! It is close to the lobby, close to the pool and close to parking.

rentayenta
06-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Renta - You definitely want a home office in Bldg. 1 with a view. You will have a microwave, two queen beds, a balcony and a great view! It is close to the lobby, close to the pool and close to parking.

Do these rooms have the big window? I think that sounds so nice and my kids never sleep in anyway.