PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Magic Kingdom

Pirate Girl
06-04-2005, 11:21 PM
There are now 5 kiosks up and running at the Cinema on Main Street USA for guests to sign up for and play the Virtual Magic Kingdom game. Pretty cool so far, I'm part of the "VMK team" for WDW. There's about 10 of us who run the kiosks in the Cinema. Pretty cool as we are working directly with the game designers to hammer out the kinks in the game, as it is still in beta.

So if you're on Main Street stop by and visit me if I'm monitering VMK!

P.s. If you create your character at one of the parks (MK or DL) you can put mouse ears on your character and your get a special symbol in your profile. Yippee.

Disney Vault
06-05-2005, 01:57 PM
I am really loving this game. Is there any other way to get Mickey ears if you have already signed up?

wishiwasthere
06-06-2005, 03:56 PM
I want mickey ears but i already signed up :(

name on vmk: ladeeda
message me if you see me

justclem
06-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Do you have to go to the park to sign up or can you do it at home online?

SummerinFL
06-07-2005, 05:04 AM
ARG! I wish I would have known this last week when I was there. I did ask for you Pirate Girl but they said I just missed you apparently. :/

Wendy3
06-07-2005, 05:16 AM
Hey - what is this? You sign up for a virtual character and then hit the parks on line? Is that the basic idea? Does is cost anything to join? Is there a monthly fee? I'm heading to WDW on Sunday (yeah, baby!!), and will sign up if that is what it is. Sounds like a really fun way to get that Disney fix between visits.

SummerinFL
06-07-2005, 05:30 AM
Check out this thread Virtual MK (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=42489), it does a good job of explaining about the game but to answer your basis questions.

It's in Beta so its free right now.
You create a virtual character and go to the different lands in MK.
It is a fun game, you collect things like pins, find hidden mickeys and play games.
It is however buggy because its in Beta so don't be surprised that you have some issues with it. :)

Wendy3
06-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks!

Pirate Girl
06-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Check out this thread Virtual MK (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=42489), it does a good job of explaining about the game but to answer your basis questions.

You create a virtual character and go to the different lands in MK.
It is a fun game, you collect things like pins, find hidden mickeys and play games.
It is however buggy because its in Beta so don't be surprised that you have some issues with it. :)

Yeah... what Summer said. ;)

Disney Vault
06-09-2005, 01:32 PM

Won't it always be free?

Mark Goldhaber
06-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Won't it always be free?
As far as I know, they plan to keep it free, as it's advertising for the parks. At least that's what they said at that investor's conference. Of course, they can always change their mind....

Disney Vault
06-09-2005, 09:25 PM
As far as I know, they plan to keep it free, as it's advertising for the parks. At least that's what they said at that investor's conference. Of course, they can always change their mind....
I really like this game but it wouldn't be worth paying imo.