PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Lightyear Online [merged]

Pages : [1] 2 3

AlbertaMinnie
06-04-2005, 05:30 AM
Has anyone played the new online Buzz Lightyear with guests in the park? I am downloading it now.....is it worth it?

Captain Josh
06-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Has anyone played the new online Buzz Lightyear with guests in the park? I am downloading it now.....is it worth it?

As someone who is obsessed with the concept of flying around blowing stuff up in space, I really like it.

penguin66
06-04-2005, 07:24 AM
I have yet to get it to work. I think I might try downloading again.

Opus1guy
06-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Geez. How big is this game's download anyway? It's gonna take about 30 minutes to download and that's with a high-speed DSL line!

Or are disneyland.com's servers just crawlin'?

Opus1guy
06-04-2005, 08:43 AM
I have yet to get it to work. I think I might try downloading again.

Please let me know if that did any good for you. I've downloaded and installed it, but I also can't get it to work. Can't even get it to start up. I just get a full screen window that's white for a few seconds and then it just closes. Nothing. Back to desktop. No error message. Nothing. Just gone. :(

Edited to add: I think this System Requirement may be my problem:

- An Nvidia GeForce or newer, ATI Radeon or newer, or Intel i845G/i865G

I'm using someone else's laptop right now, and it looks like it has an older ATI video driver on it. :(

fredc
06-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Please let me know if that did any good for you. I've downloaded and installed it, but I also can't get it to work. Can't even get it to start up. I just get a full screen window that's white for a few seconds and then it just closes. Nothing. Back to desktop. No error message. Nothing. Just gone. :(
:(

I had the same problem. I had to update Directx to get it to work. They say they will upgrade it for you but they don't. So go to Microsoft Upgrade and upgrade to Directx 8.1 or latter. I upgraded to Directx 9.0 and it works great. I am usibg Windows ME

Opus1guy
06-04-2005, 10:19 AM
I had the same problem. I had to update Directx to get it to work. They say they will upgrade it for you but they don't. So go to Microsoft Upgrade and upgrade to Directx 8.1 or latter. I upgraded to Directx 9.0 and it works great. I am usibg Windows ME

Thanks for trying, but that didn't do it for me. I went and upgraded to DirectX 9.0c also, but it still does the same white-out and close thing. So it still could be this System Requirement that's stopping it:

- An Nvidia GeForce or newer, ATI Radeon or newer, or Intel i845G/i865G

Craigster- diver
06-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Geez. How big is this game's download anyway? It's gonna take about 30 minutes to download and that's with a high-speed DSL line!

Or are disneyland.com's servers just crawlin'?

I got a full download in under 6min, DSL connection.

Already running direct X 9.0 so no problems there, and my sytem meets the video requirements ....this looks kinda fun.

Craigster

Christiii
06-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Rats!! there is no Mac version...how did I know that was going to happen? :rolleyes:
they said its coming soon tho...boy I hope thats true!! it looks like so much fun, and its almost like being there....ok..maybe not..but it still looks fun!! :D

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
06-04-2005, 12:59 PM
It's really fun, the only drawback, since it is a BETA, there are constant updates and they take forever to download.

Tutter
06-04-2005, 01:43 PM
It says there will be a mac version coming soon. Until then, alas I am also one of the people who cannot get it.

penguin66
06-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately, re-downloading didn't work for me and I do meet the system requirements. Darn!

sriggins
06-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Rats!! there is no Mac version...how did I know that was going to happen? :rolleyes:
they said its coming soon tho...boy I hope thats true!! it looks like so much fun, and its almost like being there....ok..maybe not..but it still looks fun!! :D

Grr who shall we lynch on the 16th, Christi?

splashmtngurl
06-05-2005, 10:30 AM
i cant use it either, my computer was installed with a variety of virus protecting programs that cannot be deleted and block me form using anything that is in a pop-up box or uses a flash program :crying: :crying: :crying:

Christiii
06-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Grr who shall we lynch on the 16th, Christi?
well...I hope it will be working soon..double GRR!!! they say it will be available for macs soon..so thats something!!

Leash81
06-05-2005, 09:09 PM
I really liked it, I haven't been on the ride yet but this is really putting me in the mood for it. I want to keep playing to get a better score.

Vegitabeta
06-06-2005, 07:37 AM
I can get on it and play the training mode, the updates don't take long to download either-seconds. However I can't get on the actual game, which sucks. It just says that 'the connection to the server has failed' :( :confused:

Leash81
06-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I had a problem getting it to download at first but I just left it going while I ran errands yesterday and when I came home it was ready to be installed. I also had some trouble with the updates and such but I just hit the windows button so I could do something else while I waited and the updates were done in like a minute.

Captain Josh
06-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Do we have actual players on here? I'd love to online-team with those who are on.

my Buddy name: CaptainJosh

Mark Mywords
06-06-2005, 01:32 PM
I played it for a bit the other night. It wasn't what I was imagining it would be, but it is fun. I thought there would somehow be more interaction between what you're doing online with what the rider is doing on the park ride.

My only real complaint would be that it seems a little easy and just sort of keeps going and going...

AlbertaMinnie
06-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Do we have actual players on here? I'd love to online-team with those who are on.

Hey CaptainJosh! When my daughter and I are on, we go under Alycat

We're really not that good, but I am sure that with practice it could be fun! I'll add to you my buddy list if that is ok, and you can add us. perhaps one day we'll both actually be on at the same time and can team up. That would be fun.

I too thought we would at least see people in the ride that we are teaming up with. The way they have it, I find it hard to believe that we are actually playing within the resort.....but it's fun all the same!

BWthespian
06-07-2005, 09:14 PM
what happens after the park closes, does the game just shut down, or maybe perhaps they just leave the ride on with empty attraction vehicles lol

Vegitabeta
06-08-2005, 03:01 AM
I would guess that they close it...

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Thanks for trying, but that didn't do it for me. I went and upgraded to DirectX 9.0c also, but it still does the same white-out and close thing. So it still could be this System Requirement that's stopping it:

I suggest removing it and then making sure your DirectX is up to date, and THEN reinstalling it.

BQ2
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM

My son & I are enjoying playing it our buddy name is QBuzz :D

Maybe we'll se you the Captain! ;)