PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary at the park

My2kidsrule
05-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Sorry to post two threads at the same time, but...

So, my seventh anniversary is June 6, and we'll be at the park and we're staying at HoJo. Has anyone dealt with Vacation Planning and had something done at the parks? I had Xmas stuff put in our room when we stayed at GCH last year, but I haven't done anything at the park.

stan4d_steph
05-24-2005, 08:20 AM
I believe Vacation Planning is only available to guests of the DLR hotels. You can still make restaurant seating arrangements through the dining line, and you might mention your anniversary when making PS.

My2kidsrule
05-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks. i thought that was the case. I'll figure something out. :-)

KarenW2
05-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! We're celebrating our anniversary this week, but we've got a few more years on ya! We'll be married 26 years on the 26th!!

For our 25th last year, we stayed at GCH. My hubby set-up with VP to have them put gifts he had purchased ahead of time in our room, along with balloons, an "autographed" Happy Anniversary B&W photo, the Mickey & Minnie bride and groom with a box of chocolate truffles, etc. They were sold out of the bride & groom ears, unfortunately, otherwise they would've been there too. We went out to dinner at Granville's, where he had set-up an AMAZING special chocolate dessert sculpture (we took pictures, since it was so amazing!) and went to see Shrek 2 at the AMC there.

When we got back to our room, they had done the special turndown service he'd set-up ahead of time. The dimmer lights by the beds were set low to almost a candle glow level, rose petals strewn on the floor from the door to the beds, our robes & slippers were laid out, etc. Very romantic!!

If you'd like to see photos of all the special things he arranged ahead of time, let me know and I'll have him put them together where I can post a link to them. He did an amazing job with the hotel & restaurant and it really made our 25th anniversary special last year!

mkcbunny
05-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Congratulations!

We just went to DLR for our 15th anniversary and stayed at the HoJo's. They don't arrange flowers themselves, but if you want flowers, you can order them at Collin's Flowers at 714-750-0451 and have them delivered to HoJo's. The HoJo's staff will put them in the room.

I recommend asking for Building 2. You can e-mail them in advance, or call, with your request. Building 2 is at the back of the hotel, in a more secluded area near the "adult" pool. That pool was very nice and rarely in use by more than a couple of people. Very mellow and more romantic than up front.

We ate at Napa Rose and it was a lovely, romatic meal. I had the Rib-eye, and it was both delicious and huge. :)

bradk
05-30-2005, 05:21 AM
i'll just reiterate what steph said. whenever possible, try to start off each sentence with 'we're celebrating our anniversary and we'd like to...' you could also go for the mickey & minnie groom/bride hats to advertise.

My2kidsrule
05-30-2005, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the tips. I've got a plan in motion now. I'll post how it goes after we get back.