PDA

View Full Version : Trip report for 5/21 & 5/22

wishIwasthe_Mouse
05-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Well here it goes this i my first trip report. this is for the trip we took to celibrate my (28th) and my son's (14th) Birthday.

05/21/2005
5:00 in the morning alarm goes off and i get up and wake the family the wife who put her pillow over her head as our allarm clock start to chirp with the crickets from POTC then the frog the bajo. me wispering inhere ear that in a few hours we will be on the ride. (by the way we wake up too pirates every morning :) ) then i walk down the hall and open the door to our sons room he is already getting dressed. we grab our bags and head for the car to start our drive. traffic was very light and we made great time getting up the coast. a nice hour and 20 minutes from San Diego to DL. As we pulled off the freeway directly from the carpool lane onto Disney way all three of us had smile that we couldnt shake :). we pulled in to the Ramada inn Main gate and checked in early so we could leave our car there and walk over to the park.

We areivved in front of the park at about 7:45 the line wasnt bad and 8:00 was there in no time. We walked in and up main street dropped our backpack off in a locker with a change of cloths for each of us and a sweater for each incase it got cold (never needed them). and we were off to tomorrow land. it was going to be our sons first time on Buzz we planned to get a fast pass and go on star tours but we were able to walk strait on to buzz it was great. we gave our son a buggy by him self and my and the wife shared. it was a blast to watch him blaster in each hand shooting away at Zerg. after we got off it was onto Star Tours as old as it is it is still a great ride. he loved it then all three of us with smiles form ear to ear walked over twords Fantasy land going on Matterhorn along the way (wait 5min) then hit all the fantasy land rides it was great only about 10:30 and we had already gone on a ton of rides. continued over to adventure land to get a FP for Indy nad ride the JC. the new additions were realy cool especialy the little ditail pices like the parahnia warnings. (did i spell that right?? ow well...) went on Indy then Pirates (realy wishthey stil had a FP for Pirates. Then HM ooh how i love that ride, especialy when people notice that im mouthing the narations with out missing a beat. Makes me smile even more. after this we decidedd to take lunch so it out to the House of blues In DTD we got there right when they opened, my goodness its only 11:00 my wife says. but we were all starveing.

After lunch we decided to ride the mono rail back into the park and to help top off the day we got to sit in the verey front with the driver it was great my son had never been on before and was just mesmerized by everything he saw. my wife had never been in the front and i had not been up there since i was about 6. once back in the park we decided to wander over tword Splash Mountain, it had a 120 min. wait so we kept on walking and took a ride with Pooh Bear. then it was just pick a ride at random as the park finaly started to get busy around 1:00pm we made it on almost every ride about twice and road on the Mark twain for my wife and sons first time. me being an ex AP holder it seemed that i was always the one to choose how to get to the next ride (I miss haveing a Pass, The family shall have them soon i hope). as the day whent on we whent from ride to ride enjoying evry minute of it.

it is now 9:10pm and we have just gotten to the hub its crowded but we find a great place to watch the fire works from. We were just to the frontier land side of the walt and mickey statue. we could see the castle clearly the matterhorn without anything blocking the view and space mountainwas right over our shoulder. All i can say about the new Fireworks show is WOW... the best i have ever seen. all the hair on my body was standing on end. My wife kept looking up at me she said i looked like a kid seeing fireworks for the very first time. It was great just thinking about it and the hair on my head starts to stand again. after the fire works we finaly get over to Splash, now the wait is only... Darn it 85 min. ow well we are going on. still a fun ride the new logs are cool you definatly get wet like you used too when the ride first opened. then we had just enogh time to go on HM POTC and Indy one more time before the park closed. by the way the cannon fight upgrade on POTC is ammazine. after we got off Indy we had 5 minutes till the park closed so we walked on JC one last time to end the night. It was a wonderfull day we waled back to the hotel and crashed the alarm seemed to go off just as we all fell asleep.

05/22/2005
Okay I dont remember quiet as much about today as i did Saturday. een though sunday was my actuall B-day i was Exausted as was my wife our son was a little tired too but didnt show it until the ride home when he passed out. today we whent to DCA our sons first time there and only my wifes second (her first time being when we whent to DLR for our hunnymoon in april) first thing was to get a fast pass for soaring over California and then make a bee line for the tower of terror. our son was tripping out on TOT he tried to be all brave but it was the only time he went on it. my wife loves TOT but is deathly affraid of hights so Soaring scares her like no other. after that we just kinda wandered the park going on this and that. as we made it over to Malliboomer my wife was like "NO WAY" she wouldnt do it on our hunymoon and she said she wasnt going to do it now either. but being the good mom she is whenmy son asked her to go on it with him because he was scared she couldnt say No.. as always there was no line and we walked right on both my wife and son were sweating and it wsant from the heat. after the first launch i could see the blank stare in my familys faces as we bounce up and down. as we got off i noticed they were both shakeing. I asked them if they were okay and all they could say was "Lets do it again" all i could do was smile. My wife who was so afraid of that ride now has a new favorite. the rest of the day consisted of us eating takeing the tours of the tortia factory and the sourdough factory. My son and I each got a package of corn tortillas from the tortia factory because of our B-Day stickers (first time i have ever been in there when they were makeing corn tortias instead of flour) after that i dont remember much do to i was so tired and over heating from the sun. its not good when its so hot that you dont sweat anymore. we whent on the rapids. such a fun ride. then of course to end the night we sat back to enjoy the Electrical parade. still one of my favorites. I have found the best place to sit is over by the tug boat that has been split in half by the walk way, right at the end of the parade. after the parade whent by the park was closed and it was time for us too leave. it was a nice walk back to the hotel to get our car and start the hour and a half drive home to San Diego. I was fine till we got half way home and then i was fighting off sleepthe good thing is that i have made the trip up and back so many times since i was 16 that i could almost do it blind folded. we made it home around 11:30 and all fell asleep as soon as we got in the house. of course work on monday and school for our son was hard to get thew.

But i must say a weekend at disney land is always worth the exaustion we feel for the entire week that follows.

I (nathen) my wife (Trish) and our son (sean) had a wonderful time and any one who saw us and said hi and happy birthday. you helped make our trip that much more fun. Thank you.. by the way we got our gold 50th name tags :) and about 20 minutes later found out that they sold out of them it was great. we are definatly looking forward to our next trip hopefully around the end of the summer so we can go on Space Mountain. until then i need some sleep. darn thats right im at work :P

CrazyTrain
05-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Great trip report!! :D

yellowrosedtxn
05-24-2005, 08:24 AM
WOW! That sounds like a wonderful trip! I am glad you all had such a good time! I am so excited, I can't wait until we get to go. My dad is now taking his laptop - but I am not sure if I am going to be able to post our report. I might have to get him a wi-fi so he won't have to hook it up anywhere, just plug it in and go. We'll see. :-)

cirquelover
05-24-2005, 08:45 AM
It sounds like you had a great weekend!
How is the drive from San Diego to Disneyland? We will be in San Diego in two weeks and I have convinced my husband to drop our son and I at Disneyland for a few days!! I can't wait!

Happy belated birthday Nathen :D

SallySkellington
05-24-2005, 08:57 AM
Fun stuff! I'm jealous. :p

wishIwasthe_Mouse
05-24-2005, 09:36 AM
It sounds like you had a great weekend!
How is the drive from San Diego to Disneyland? We will be in San Diego in two weeks and I have convinced my husband to drop our son and I at Disneyland for a few days!! I can't wait!

Happy belated birthday Nathen :Dthe drive is not bad its 1 hour and 20 min. if there isnt any trafic so its about 3 hours round trip for your husband if he is just going to take you there and drive back to SD. its strait and easy up interstate 5.

Hakuna Makarla
05-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Awsome thank you so much for telling us all about your time there. Nathan How old is sean? Sounds like a pretty brave kid! I liked reading your report, thanks so much!!

wishIwasthe_Mouse
05-25-2005, 08:23 AM
Awsome thank you so much for telling us all about your time there. Nathan How old is sean? Sounds like a pretty brave kid! I liked reading your report, thanks so much!!He just turned 14 on april 22nd.